UK Anime Christmas Sales for 2023 [Anime Ltd's 12 Days of Xmas + More]

I've just received the red mystery box and this is what is in it:

In/Spectre Season 1
The Relative Worlds (Movie)
Love Me, Love Me Not (Movie)
Seraph of the End Complete Series
Emma: A Victorian Romance Season 1

I've been looking to watch some of these, so very happy with this box! I don't collect any anime dvds so these were a nice surprise to have.

Let me know if anyone has received the green box!
Only Emma Season 1 is on my 'want' list, the other 4 titles I've got already, although Seraph I've got as DVD only as an older release when when it was released by another company (Universal?)

Last edited:
I wish some of these were on Blu-ray. Like AIR. I have transitioned into a holding pattern on a lot of anime, hoping for their eventual Blu-ray release. I know it's a long shot and some may never happen but I got tired of getting DVDs and then kicking myself when the blu-ray version came out and so now I'm just in a holding pattern. Looking at the sale and scratching my head and having the "what if..." question play in my head.

I wish some of these were on Blu-ray. Like AIR. I have transitioned into a holding pattern on a lot of anime, hoping for their eventual Blu-ray release. I know it's a long shot and some may never happen but I got tired of getting DVDs and then kicking myself when the blu-ray version came out and so now I'm just in a holding pattern. Looking at the sale and scratching my head and having the "what if..." question play in my head.
I think Air is one of those cases where it doesn't even have a Blu-ray in Japan so unfortunately the DVD is the best we'll get. Standard definition on Blu-ray releases are a new trend in US companies like Discotek and Sentai but I don't recall that approach making it to the UK so I doubt that'll be a possibility either.

I think Air is one of those cases where it doesn't even have a Blu-ray in Japan so unfortunately the DVD is the best we'll get.
Actually, Air on Blu-ray is absolutely a thing that exists in Japan. Only the 2005 movie that was directed by Osamu Dezaki doesn’t have a Blu-ray release.

IMG-5115.webp

(P.S. not my image.)

Actually, Air on Blu-ray is absolutely a thing that exists in Japan. Only the 2005 movie that was directed by Osamu Dezaki doesn’t have a Blu-ray release.

IMG-5115.webp

(P.S. not my image.)
Huh interesting. Might be getting confused with something else that's DVD only in Japan then. That said I think MVM doesn't really go for Blu-rays unless there's already an English release elsewhere that they can clone.

Trying to remember if it was Air that was one of the early upscales that kinda worked

But also looked like someone used way too much of the Power DVD imagine sharpening tool making all the lines look kinda... Saw like 😹

Trying to remember if it was Air that was one of the early upscales that kinda worked

But also looked like someone used way too much of the Power DVD imagine sharpening tool making all the lines look kinda... Saw like 😹

Can't comment on Air but my understanding is that Kanon looks amazing on Blu-ray and I love that show so I wish someone would release an English dubbed and subbed Blu-ray of it! :)

Yeah my day one order hasn’t shipped - just a FEDEX tracking number for a package that hasn’t budged.

Back