Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think this has been posted?

31966661500x5001.jpg

31966661500x5002.jpg

I think I like it less than the US cover, which wasn't great anyway. JP covers weren't amazing either, tbf.

Dannielle said:

Hmm, that's in the same style as the 1st US release of season 1. I wonder if they are just copy pasting the intended US version, i'd much prefer something similar to our S1 cover.

I agree. While it would fit with America's season 1 cover, I wish they would use a cover that would match ours.

No last minute change to those Black Lagoon BD covers then? ::sigh::

Did Jerome absolutely, categorically confirm that they aren't steelbooks? Because that artwork sure as hell makes them look like steelbooks.

That's really really frustrating.
I wonder if we could direct some complaints towards Andrew to get the UK cover in line with standard UK layouts.

Considering they translate the text from French to English, I don't see why they can't flip the titles to the orientation UK DVD/BDs have them.

Joshawott said:
Considering they translate the text from French to English, I don't see why they can't flip the titles to the orientation UK DVD/BDs have them.

Definately, it'd probably take no more than 5 seconds to carry out in whatever program they use to make the covers. If they are going to make the effort to have a UK cover they should do it properly.

It's probably more that they simply don't think to do it. If their designer is on the continent he or she may be used to the way their spines align and not realise this is a strange quirk between countries. I do hope someone tells them, though, it's a shame to get special UK covers and yet have the spine like that (even though I have a lot of foreign discs like that already so it doesn't bug me personally).

R

I'm tempted to keep my Black Lagoon steelbook and just put all 4 discs in that instead

^ Sweet! It matches!

Where did you find that too? Trying to find the release date for it but couldn't see it on Play or Amazon.

MetalGearDesmond said:
Dannielle said:
^ Sweet! It matches!

Where did you find that too? Trying to find the release date for it but couldn't see it on Play or Amazon.

Manga's Facebook page. Comes out on OCTOBER 29TH! What?

Ah, thanks! & October 29th? jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back