What did you BUY today?

CitizenGeek said:
Jerry Springer: The Opera was a meager €3 in Tesco, so I of course picked it up.
Oh God, I recall when that was on BBC2 and all the outrage it caused. I'd love to see it again. I never even knew it was on DVD.

Some guy on ebay was selling off a few Gundam model kits so, I picked up a cheap Gundam Seed one out of interest; If I like it, maybe I'll get some more :p

Yesterday I bought;

Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper tee
Cannibal Corpse Tour Tee
Ghost in the Shell Manga off of eBay

Bastards made me pay £10 for that manga, even though it was 'used'. Ah well, still saves a £5.

Those tee's... £20 each. Bastards. They were 20 Euros at the other venues. I DEMAND PRICE CUTS.

Damn £ being so weak -.-

Yesterday - I bought 10 packs of ArtRoc (Plaster bandages).
On the same day, I only used up one packet....... Think I better come up with ways to use the rest of it up, lmao.

I got The Da Vinci Code which I am now one chapter into and loving already. Angels and Demons (the Robert Langdon book that preceeded Da Vinci) was amazingly entertaining, so I hope this sequel lives up to that standard :]

CitizenGeek said:
I got The Da Vinci Code which I am now one chapter into and loving already. Angels and Demons (the Robert Langdon book that preceeded Da Vinci) was amazingly entertaining, so I hope this sequel lives up to that standard :]
I understand why people like it, the plot is clever at it's most basic level (not to mention particularly pro-woman and anti-church - what I would attribute it's success to) but it's fairly cliched and I found the plot twists predictable and a bit cringe-worthy. Judging by The Da Vinci Code alone, I personally don't think Dan Brown is a very good writer.

I agree with your general assertion that The Da Vinci Code is cringe-worthy, clichéd and basic. But it is nonetheless very, very entertaining and enjoyable and so I think Dan Brown is far from being a brilliant author, but definitely not a bad one by any means :]

Today I purchased "Resident Evil: Degeneration" on DVD. I also bought the novel "Alice and the Adventures in Wonderland" and also "Through the Looking Glass".

Yesterday = Jeans from Topman

Today = Decent longsleeved top and some comfy going out shoes from Topman
2 cornish pasties from Don Millers
and to be bought: a shedload of alcohol tonight :D

Not today, but at the weekend I purchased a Blondie poster, a Hendrix poster, and a Rage against the machine poster. Other than that, just the usual stuff :p

Back