What did you BUY today?

Had a manga haircut. Went in wanting a Ritsuka from Loveless and came out with a Hal Kurabayashi from Switch. :eek:

But the humidity is frizzing out my hair. Drat. And I haven't taken any pictures...

Tachi- said:
Yesterday;
A carvery, few pints of carlsberg and then 8 cans of fosters with a new pack of razors so i can finally shave ¬_¬
Spiffing stuff. A carvery in your belly, and a smooth sensation on your skin.
Today I bought a scotch egg. It ought to help sustain me come tomorrow.

Bought the Dir En Grey - Uroboros album in "Head" for like, 4.76 or some odd figure like that and Oblivion GOTY Edition cause i've no idea where the original copy has gone. Plus it's cheaper to buy the GOTY with expansions for 20 quid, than to purchase the expansions now.

Overall, a good day spent in Cardiff! XD

Oh I also met Maltos in the flesh XD

Maltos said:
Spyro201 said:
Oh I also met Maltos in the flesh XD
With the most awkward "Uhh hey, it's uh Tom. Yknow, Maltos." :lol:
When I head down to Wales, I'll make sure to meet you guys as well =)

OT: I've spent a lot at the expo today, all the money I've been saving so hard for this event and it went in just a couple hours, but anyway I'm really happy about it:
got me Claymore 1 to 6
12 Kingdoms third novel : The vast spread of the seas
Fantasma - a sweatdrop comic, which caught my eyes because of its title. (Fantasma is portuguese for Phantom)

Gurren Lagann Special Edition
Mushishi the complete collection
MoonPhase complete collection
xxxHolics part 2
Peacemaker Kurogane
Final Fantasy Unlimited complete
Gunbuster / Diebuster bluray set
freedom bluray set
Patlabor movies one and two special editions.

chaos said:
Gurren Lagann Special Edition
Mushishi the complete collection
MoonPhase complete collection
xxxHolics part 2
Peacemaker Kurogane
Final Fantasy Unlimited complete
Gunbuster / Diebuster bluray set
freedom bluray set
Patlabor movies one and two special editions.
Fantastic haul. :thumb:

Is that Mushishi set packaging as crap as I expected it to be? For once I really want to be proved wrong about something...

My haul from the Expo:

Anime

Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu box set
Slayers box set
Witch Hunter Robin, box set 1
Paprika
20th Century boys
Full Metal Alchemist, series one parts one and two
Gurren Lagann collector edition box set
Tenchi Muyo Movie collection
Death Note vol 5

Manga:

One Pirce, vol 2
Fruits Basket, vol 8
Zombie Powder, vol 1
Naruto, vol 21

Plus a couple of T-shirts, some Pocky, and a few drawings.

I've taken a few pics for you to check actually

will email to you, if you don't mind as they are a bit big for the forums.

chaos said:
I've taken a few pics for you to check actually

will email to you, if you don't mind as they are a bit big for the forums.
I'll presume that was addressed to me... That'd be great, cheers!

Yeah, Saturday, but whatever. At the expo I got... Nothing anime.

- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 (V4): Time Of Your Life (so far, AWESOME! - Fray/Buffy crossover!)
- Angel: After The Fall: Volume Three
- Spike: After The Fall

Yay!

Damn it Paramount, your Star Trek publicity machine has worked, making me want to own things.

Star Trek: TNG - Season 1.

Update: However, the picture quality is so horrific I might take it straight back. :(

Play.com are selling Rogue Galaxy for €13 and I've been interested in that game for aaages so I had to buy it :]

I honestly don't think I'll ever move on to the PS3 or 360, there are just too many awesome games I have left to play on the PS2 :]

ayase said:
Update: However, the picture quality is so horrific I might take it straight back. :(
It's not that bad, pretty typical of the quality for standard US 80's TV transfers I've seen. The first season is dire anyway so take it back for that if anything. Season 2 is where it actually started to get good and Season 3 where it became classic.

Anyway, I've finished all the Ace Attorney games and eagerly awaiting Investigations so I bought some more DS interactive novel style games to tide me over. Jack Hunter: Detective Chronicles, Another Code: Two Memories and Hotel Dusk: Room 215. I've played parts of the latter two before but I have no idea what to expect from Jack Hunter. Looks like a similar style to the Ace Attorney games. Anyone played it before?

Sy said:
ayase said:
It's not that bad, pretty typical of the quality for standard US 80's TV transfers I've seen. The first season is dire anyway so take it back for that if anything. Season 2 is where it actually started to get good and Season 3 where it became classic.
It's the only 80's US TV series I own, so that might have something to do with my disappointment. The only things I have which are as bad or worse are some older BBC shows which look to have really been transfered from VHS... I'd have expected something as big as TNG to have gotten better treatment than that. WRT the later seasons, I agree in terms of quality (I did see quite a few of the episodes on TV) but I'm a completist. I have to watch things beginning to end and own all or nothing of a series... Six more boxed sets to go!

Metal Hammer Magazine,
Iron Maiden Dvd: Flight 666!
Hot chocolate from Starbucks,
One Piece volume 21 (Fuuuuuuck, the next volume isn't out till October),
Green day T-shirt for a friend,
My Little Pony (also for a friend. I swear.), spent longer than any human ever should looking for one of these.

That's about it.

Back