What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I just bought it on iTunes like a filthy casual. The digital release doesn't have the 8th disc content from the ultimate edition, but it's still over 8 hours of music.

I'm sitting in front of my PC doing my taxes (yes I'm very late) and listening to the OST because this is the only thing that can play cds at home - I feel pretty filthy myself!

Bloopers: I actually inserted the first CD on my ps5 yesterday.... lol I tried

But I couldn't pass on this release

That man's tache is excellent.

I'm a fan of slim cases - I really don't know why companies didn't move over to them years ago. American BDs have used them for ages and even the UK Iron Man 2 BD (released in 2013!) came in one.

I don't buy many movies on BD nowadays, but I got a few MCU movies for £7 each in HMV a few weeks ago and they all came in slim boxes. I guess that's the standard now - it's a shame it took so long, both for shelf space and for people who like their collections to be mostly similar.

New arrivals!

Funi-Sentai-OOP.jpg

Your-Name-Maken-Outlaw-Neko-Baccano.jpg

Food-Wars-S1.jpg

Power.jpg

That man's tache is excellent.

I'm a fan of slim cases - I really don't know why companies didn't move over to them years ago. American BDs have used them for ages and even the UK Iron Man 2 BD (released in 2013!) came in one.

I don't buy many movies on BD nowadays, but I got a few MCU movies for £7 each in HMV a few weeks ago and they all came in slim boxes. I guess that's the standard now - it's a shame it took so long, both for shelf space and for people who like their collections to be mostly similar.
Yeah I don't mind thin cases and seems to becoming the norm (Disney, Warner, Universal, Paramount all use them as standard now) but as you say they really should've done it a decade ago! I think the first major one I noticed was Aquaman haha
Was kind of hoping Scanovo would become the norm after the death of Amaray, clear case, no blu ray logo at the top and more room for artwork 🤷‍♂️ oh well.

And yes the tache is epic!

2023 HAUL VER 7.3
(note: images are hosted via AUKN for the meantime)

I was expecting a package to arrive today but it turns out that FedEx won't deliver on weekends unless it's in a specific tier, so my Rightstuf haul will appear on Monday alongside INU-OH so look forward to that.

I also want to mention that my Normanic Vault blog is back online after WordPress's automated anti-spam system suspended it for violation of T&S. It's a relief that it's resolved as soon as possible, as that's 5 years worth of work that would have disappeared from the net.

Uncle from Another World - Elf 1.gif

IMG_20230719_180445.jpg

Arrived on Wednesday is another Eureka Entertainment release, however this one in particular was released last year and I didn't pre-order it at first due to cost. This is the Angela Mao: Hapkido (合氣道) & Lady Whirlwind (鐵掌旋風腿) collection on Blu-ray, which is now going out of print thanks to the distributor sending a warning across social media so it was available at a discounted price on their official webstore. I've been meaning to get this for a while so I'm glad I got it sorted in time. The first print edition is packaged like Millionaire Express so it has the poster outside of the case but within the slipcover. A booklet is also included.

IMG_20230721_180507.jpg
IMG_20230721_181444.jpg

Next we have our 88 Films package which I bought using the Birthday discount that I received last month. Here we have The Untold Story (八仙飯店之人肉叉燒包) and Magic Cop (驅魔警察) on Blu-ray. The latter is why this package was held up as 88 doesn't ship out the sets until everything in the order is in stock. The Untold Story is the one I'm looking forward to the most as not only is the film another one of the Category III rated titles, but it's apparently one of the most interesting films in the Hong Kong cinema scene. It is also uncut which is what many had assumed why it didn't get released here in the past due to its content. Magic Cop on the other hand, is cut by the BBFC for animal cruelty but you can get access to the uncut version when you play the disc on Region A players. I will be unboxing The Untold Story at a later date so look forward to that.

I've heard from someone who has the 'corrected' Shin Ultraman blu-ray... turns out it's still sub-par. All they've done is add translations for on-screen text. The only subtitle track still has sound effect descriptions. [SOUND OF GRINDING TEETH INTENSIFIES] 😬

I'm just glad I heard about this before I wasted time trying to get a replacement. I guess I'll have to learn to love that English dub. 🫤

I received three Sentai Blu-rays from a blu-ray.com anime forum friend - the first one on 7/15, and the other two titles yesterday:

Revisions
The Executioner and Her Way of Life
Vermiel in Gold

bw3sentai.jpg

And, since I got my new Lycoris Recoil desk mat for my main PC in the basement theater room, I decided to dress up my 35 year old IBM Model M keyboard that sits on it as well, with some colored keycaps that I found on eBay - I especially like that Escape key... :D

It's just too bad that the keyboard and mouse have to cover up my favorite Girls with Guns. :(

modelmcolorkeys.jpg

Last edited:
So not sure how many of you on here remember the Studio Ghibli shrine I had on the rear window of my white 2012 Scion xB?

ghibshrine1.jpg

Unfortunately, the engine burned up in that car a few months ago, so I have a new(er) Japanese car now - a black 2014 Mazda CX-5. I wanted to do another anime shrine on the back of this car as well, but I decided not to do a similar all-white Studio Ghibli theme, and instead went for a full-color display of anime characters this time. The rear window on this car was a little trickier to work with for displaying decals, due to the slope and curves of the window, and the path of the much larger rear wiper blade, which forced me to keep the decals to the far left and right sides of the window. But, I was still able to get a good selection of anime decals installed, with 5 on each side.

🥳 Ladies and Gentlemen, I now present you with... the Girls with Guns GWG shrine! 🥳

gwgcar2.jpg

On the right side, counterclockwise from bottom left, we have:

Revy from Black Lagoon
Triela from Gunslinger Girl
Chisato and Takina from Lycoris Recoil
Girls Frontline - OTs-14 Crassula
Girls Frontline - AK-15

gwgcar3.jpg

And on the left side, clockwise from bottom right:

Girls Frontline - Walther PPQ (the handgun that I own)
Girls Frontline - G36 Maid
Girls Frontline - JS05 Jade Rain
Girls Frontline - Mosin Nagant on chair
Girls Frontline - M4A1

gwgcar4.jpg

And of course I can't forget to label the shrine with my anime forum user name and nickname!

gwgcar5.jpg

Pew! Pew! 😎

Last edited:
Back