What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

IMG_8428.jpeg
A pleasant surprise that they’ve released another set in this format, not so pleasant that the set leaves off the Post COVID specials.

The post covid specials are seperate. Comedy Central are getting sued by MAX over it as they were made available only on Paramount+ despite Max having an exclusive streaming deal for South Park in the US.
I’m aware, just a shame that they weren’t included is all. They did at least get a stand-alone release, and The Streaming Wars specials are coming October according to a recent Target placeholder.

For anyone who didn't know, PS5 has had a price drop today, it's £400 new for disc version as far as I can see.

£280 is great though especially if good condition and only a month old!
Yeh did see that... I told him has reduction for 2 weeks i think? As its promo due to selling 40 million units... Just said ill give him what cex give🤣.. Yeh 1 month old said only played twice.. Lol

I received another partial shipment of a new Crunchyroll title today from rightstuf:

Black Summoner Blu-ray

blacksummoner.jpg

Did it come with the antimatter reactor needed to power it?

850W PSU but should be enough assuming I power limit the card a bit.

I'd like a bigger PSU but if this one works, no need to change it on a whim.

I have a new problem though with the 12VHPWR cable, they say not to bend it before 35mm or so and I'm hitting straight into the glass side panel after about 20mm, I need to look at a vertical mount for the GPU probably. One thing leading to another here! :oops:

850W PSU but should be enough assuming I power limit the card a bit.

I'd like a bigger PSU but if this one works, no need to change it on a whim.

I have a new problem though with the 12VHPWR cable, they say not to bend it before 35mm or so and I'm hitting straight into the glass side panel after about 20mm, I need to look at a vertical mount for the GPU probably. One thing leading to another here! :oops:
The psu I got can only deliver 450W through the 12VHPWR while the 4090 requires 600W at full load, though it does actually have the cable itself so I don't have to rely on Nvidias melting adapter.

I'll most likely be looking for a second hand RTX 3080 for my build, should cost me about the same or less than the underwhelming 16GB RTX 4060Ti.

Total cost so far is €800 plus a €303 CEX voucher, second hand RTX 3080s are currently going for €400-€600 depending on make and sale platform, hell if I had the money I could have gotten a 3080Ti from a local marketplace for €380 last week.

Fyi the system it's replacing is an i7 920(1st gen) with 6gb ddr3, a 2GB radeon HD6870 and a 60gb sata ssd for the Windows drive.

Last edited:
The psu I got can only deliver 450W through the 12VHPWR while the 4090 requires 600W at full load, though it does actually have the cable itself so I don't have to rely on Nvidias melting adapter.

I'll most likely be looking for a second hand RTX 3080 for my build, should cost me about the same or less than the underwhelming 16GB RTX 4060Ti.

Total cost so far is €800 plus a €303 CEX voucher, second hand RTX 3080s are currently going for €400-€600 depending on make and sale platform, hell if I had the money I could have gotten a 3080Ti from a local marketplace for €380 last week.

Fyi the system it's replacing is an i7 920(1st gen) with 6gb ddr3, a 2GB radeon HD6870 and a 60gb sata ssd for the Windows drive.

I think 450W is fine most games/real world usage scenarios don't seem to use that much, looks similar to my old 3080 TI in terms of power as long as I limit what the card can use (I usually set a 90% power limit in Afterburner for the old card, can do similar on the new one). I know the card can take more power but the top end isn't as efficient.

Running Cyberpunk 2077 on the new path tracing mode with frame gen, it was reporting 350W in game and fps was around 100 give or take, so good performance without needing excessive power consumption. The 3080 TI would struggle to keep frames high with RT enabled but this seems to handle things with ease so far.

I'm on a 5900X cpu, I don't tend to upgrade the core system that often, I expect this will last for another couple of years at least, longer if I want it to, though upgrade itch will probably get me at some point. What spec are you going to? I like the white themed stuff can look cool if you lean into it and buy all the matching components.

This is my system but I have a lot of stuff not routed/cable managed, and the sides are off. Case is Lian-Li Dynamics 011 which is fairly popular, need to sort a few things out, but you can see how ludicrous this card is in terms of raw size, and how the cable will not really let me add the side panel back on as it will bending the 12VHPWR cable far too close the clipped in end on the GPU. There is like 20mm of clearance to where the glass would be.

I either need to add a vertical GPU mount which should solve that, or I need an adaptor that can right angle the cable, but I read even the Cablemod ones can melt. These 12VHPWR seem like they're poorly designed.

c5142724-be00-40c8-8f8c-d1897d446ecd.jpg

Back