What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

2023 HAUL VER 11.5
(note: images are hosted via AUKN for the meantime)

Another batch this time only on two days of the week.

IMG_20231117_093300.jpg
IMG_20231125_112154.jpg
IMG_20231125_110907.jpg
IMG_20231117_093507.jpg

The latest 88 Films releases arrived last Thursday, and they were part of the November line-up. I ordered these at the last second due to delays that had affected one of them but as soon as I saw the distributor posting photos of the stock I finally got them ordered. Here we have Wong Jing's Last Hero in China (黃飛鴻之鐵雞鬥蜈蚣) and Johnny Mak & Michael Mak's The Long Arm of the Law Saga I & II (省港旗兵 & 省港旗兵續集), the latter of which is part of their deluxe collector's edition range which includes a booklet and poster. They have been using the thin Blu-ray cases for their recent releases and it's good to see booklets still fit in these.

88 Films have said they will look into The Long Arm of the Law Saga III & IV if the sales are good for the first two films which is neat to see.

IMG_20231117_094235.jpg
IMG_20231117_094648.jpg

If you have been following my hauls since around August time, I had been picking up a whole bunch of Limited Run Games because Canadian retailer VideoGamesPlus started a partnership with them which includes stocking their titles. And since then they were able to receive stock for a whole bunch of OOP titles and I got almost all of the Nintendo Switch LRG titles I was interested in that were available (with House of Fata Morgana and Turok 1 & 2 being the only ones).

In this batch we have two more from their catalogue and they have been available since a while back but when I took a look at their store I did notice that one of them was going to sell out so I decided to take action and get them sooner than later. So here we have Demon's Tilt, which is not one of their numbered titles, and River City Girls Zero, which is a numbered title and the one that I was worried about missing out on.

IMG_20231118_131554.jpg

Also arriving today is My Dress-Up Darling Season 1 from Crunchyroll. For some reason they decided not to bring the limited edition over to the UK and since this is one of the most popular series in recent years I decided to get this ordered sooner than later.

However, I didn't pre-order this release from Rightstuf as I wasn't sure what else to include with it due to the partial shipping that they do, so recently like last week I decided to go for the riskly approach which is using Amazon UK and their Global shipping service that makes use of Amazon US. It was pretty much full price (though it has VAT included and shipping is free) but it arrived today in a blue bubble-mailer and miraculously no damage other than some marks on the inside pages of the booklet. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

I received one MVM Blu-ray steelbook from AOL today in the mail, so now I have 3 copies of this movie to add to my collection - the Steelbook will go in my anime steelbook collection, the GKids standard edition will pair up with the three Funimation releases on the shelf, and the GKids 4K set is just to have for the 4K - this will somewhat match the Anime Limited Eva 1.11 Collector's Edition set I have, as well. There is a hole in the shrink wrap at the top center of the steelbook, so it is not damaged, but arrived in perfect condition.

Evengelion: 3.0+1.11 Thrice Upon a Time Steelbook

eva30111steel.jpg

MVM Steelbook along with the GKids 4K and Standard releases

3evafinal.jpg

Last edited:
My main haul from Black Friday, and I don't think it was even a super awesome deal, I just wanted/needed it, and it was the best price I could get it for.

Dualsense Edge, normally £209 RRP everywhere as far as I can see it.

Using Ebay 20% off code I got one from Game Collection outlet for £176
I had an AMEX £5 off £15 spend deal on my card, so that took it down to £171
Hopefully I can get TCB 20% cashback to work, not tracked properly yet, but it would take it down by around another £30 (this doesn't apply to VAT). I may need to put in a claim for this but they should honour it.

7bd1c425-e882-4fbb-aec7-8a30a7b150be.jpg

6eb5bbfe-9de9-4afd-8ec3-2cd1b07ff7a4.jpg

One of my black Friday purchases.

My word, that is an epic set indeed!

Back