What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

20131206_114023_zps90e4726b.jpg

Really been looking forward to this.

Also having seen pictures of the Agnes figure...I'm glad I didn't get the CE :eek:

Thanks to Mum using my debit card without permission, ShopTo's initial attempt at taking payment was rejected, so the game was only just dispatched today by DPD. So I'll get it on Monday.

Yeah, the guy who launched a campaign for the game's international release and has been working his butt off for free to try and promote the game, can't get it on launch day because of an idiot. I'm livid.

And yeah, having ordered the Collector's Edition and seeing the figure and the slimmed down soundtrack (that cuts out the best songs!), once sales figures are in on Monday, I am going to let Nintendo Europe have the piece of my mind that I have been holding back for a very, very long time.

Lawrence said:
Joshawott said:
Thanks to Mum using my debit card without permission, ShopTo's initial attempt at taking payment was rejected, so the game was only just dispatched today by DPD. So I'll get it on Monday.

Yeah, the guy who launched a campaign for the game's international release and has been working his butt off for free to try and promote the game, can't get it on launch day because of an idiot. I'm livid.

And yeah, having ordered the Collector's Edition and seeing the figure and the slimmed down soundtrack (that cuts out the best songs!), once sales figures are in on Monday, I am going to let Nintendo Europe have the piece of my mind that I have been holding back for a very, very long time.
A piece of advice, don't give your card to anyone else.

For that matter, isn't it a little egotistical to make such grand assumptions pertaining to your involvement in the localisation of Bravely Default? Do you think Nintendo will care that you specifically, have a bone to pick? I'm sure they will be interested but why reserve your ire until Monday? If you are to be honest with your feelings then don't hold them back, I doubt that any judgement passed by yourself will influence people that much. If nothing else, the majority who have decided to buy the game, will already be set on doing so, regardless of what you have to say.

I don't believe I am mistaken in saying; only a small fraction of any consumer base really cares about what any critic has to say, most are either dismissive of any self proclaimed 'critic' or simply don't care, outright.
I never said I was responsible for it being localised here. Just stating that yes, I did start a campaign and I have been actively promoting the game through the gaming writing I do (a lot more than they have 9.9). I do however, know from inside sources that localisation of the game wasn't even discussed until around February, which was around the time when the people calling for the game's localisation were most prominent.

As for my ire, it's not just Bravely Default centred, although that is a point I will be raising. It's about many things, like the Wii U's marketing strategy and such. The reason why I'm holding out until Monday is that's the day when the previous weekly sales charts are released, so I can see what position Bravely Default enters in and Super Mario 3D World's position (after a debut at #14 last week, being the only Wii U game in the Top 40).

As for "giving my card"...she took it while I was asleep and only told me once I confronted her about it. Sure, she managed to get the money back in, but it was too late.

Another batch of Xmas Shopping for the relatives.

Left is the batch of items, Right are the Xmas Items. 2 DVDs for my sister and the Blu-ray for my dad.

qoy2.jpg
gg0y.jpg

First Squad - Blu-ray Standard
6wgo.jpg
3g6z.jpg

uxd4.jpg
ysra.jpg

tpwc.jpg
urdk.jpg

Tron: Legacy - 3D/2D Blu-ray Standard

dzua.jpg
u2lt.jpg

ghmz.jpg

The Raid - Blu-ray Standard

pxa7.jpg
437b.jpg

n4p6.jpg

The Pianist - Blu-ray Standard

6cxp.jpg
xdkp.jpg

kr0m.jpg

What is this?

3iwp.jpg

It's the Death Note Box Set!

qwd5.jpg
a4a8.jpg

x62v.jpg
gedz.jpg

shnj.jpg
lw5l.jpg

a3yi.jpg

With Attack on Titan Volume 3 and Yotsuba&! Volume 1.

7azy.jpg
2gbu.jpg

I heard the first volume was quite rare so I picked it up. I'll get the rest on Amazon in 2014. They didn't have Is This A Zombie? Volume 3 unfortunately but they did have the hardbacks for Haruhi Suzumiya which I was going to get but for £11 each it's a bit high considering the length of the novels.

(I hope I'm not annoying everyone by the dozen amount of items I have picked up over the past few months, at least it allows people to see what the product looks like).

I have decided to pickup the Steelbook version of Oldboy, it's that badass for a steelbook design. I also enjoyed The Last Samurai and wanted to own the film for quite a while, the steelbook looked nice too.

eh4q.jpg
pvgf.jpg

lv5u.jpg

1vyc.jpg
9i32.jpg

jdh2.jpg
5rbp.jpg

Don't worry I won't have any more pickups for the time being (depends on whether I have enough cash on the day I finish the semester so I could try and get a volume before Xmas).

Great sets NormanicGrav, oldboy and last samurai. Both two of my favourite movies though i have only seen the old boy once few years ago but the last samurai i would say i have seen... maybe 7 times LOLOL big samurai fan here

bakum4tsu said:
Great sets NormanicGrav, oldboy and last samurai. Both two of my favourite movies though i have only seen the old boy once few years ago but the last samurai i would say i have seen... maybe 7 times LOLOL big samurai fan here

Thanks, I haven't watched Oldboy and I have been meaning to because of the hollywood remake now in cinemas (which I hear is below average because it's hollywood).

Oh, and you (and everyone here) can call me Grav for short :wink:

animefreak17 said:
http://youtu.be/4gQ3p6BoPcE got these today
AF. STOP SHOWING YOUR ADDRESS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UP1 Delivered on that artbook! Quite happy that I didn't have to pay about another £15-20 to get it from TRSI.
The Blue Exorcist Movie finally arrived which I'm really looking forward to watching. I'm slightly disappointed that it doesn't have the Soundtrack CD though.

dQeh2E6.jpg

Q0ohCtp.jpg

Back