What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

View attachment 29273
Packaged in a bubble envelope and a clear bag. All the way from America. Surprisingly, it's in good condition.

View attachment 29274
Yeah thats what my 2 came in too minus the plastic bag, 2nd one was pretty good, 1st i did notice had a tear in the bottom and along an edge, which i think was more the card, hence picking up a 2nd copy (but may have been me being a bit picky, but if they package it like idiots and its not really cheap (just good with it being an import that i thought was OOP), then there gonna get it returned).

I received one more partial order from Rightstuf today, a Media Blasters Blu-ray that was designed to very closely (truely?) resemble their original DVD release from almost 15 years ago, of which I now have both copies of:

Tweeny Witches: The True Book of Spells

tweenynew1.jpg

tweenynew2.jpg

tweenynew3.jpg

tweenynew4.jpg

Last edited:
Finally picked up Hogwarts as it dropped to £33 (still haven't seen all the films).
Wasn't planning on picking up Superman 2 just yet but saw how much the slipped versions were going for and decided sooner rather than later was better!
Tiger Claws is my very first Vinegar Syndrome title so guaranteed 88 or Eureka will announce it now 😂

20230517_120605.jpg

Last edited:
I received an email this morning to say this had been delivered, but there was no sign of it. Someone had signed for it in an illegible squiggle, so I couldn't make out the name. It hadn't been left with my neighbours either. Then a few hours later someone from the next road over dropped it off. It had been delivered to the right house number...on the wrong road. Thanks for the stress, Royal Mail.
IMG_20230519_162853.jpg I would have preferred the more recent box set that's in a single DVD case, but that goes for twice the price of this on eBay. I'll probably cannibalise this into a couple of multi-disc cases.

20230519_125944.jpg

Late to this party but here is stuff I got recently. Not pictured is Jedi Survivor, which is a blast so far.

I guess the hype worked because I now have an amiibo shrug. And 200 pages of Zelda artwork 🤤

The steel poster is made by scanavo, had no idea. The store threw in a Breath of the Wild keychain with my order because why not?

2023 HAUL VER 5.4
(note: the forum broke Imgur images at the time of the post so I'm using images that I posted on other platforms for the meantime)

So after experiencing a rather long and annoying cold throughout the latter half of April, I caught another one... except its COVID. Still got similar symptoms to the first time around but with more fatigue early on and some coughing.

Anywho we have some more items arrive this week.

IMG_20230515_173245.jpg

Last Monday I received Kinji Fukasaku's 1976 film Yakuza Graveyard (やくざの墓場 くちなしの花) from Radiance Films. The scanavo case is slightly off so bits of the artwork is damaged but only on the spine. I dig both the main artwork and the reversible but we'll see how the later releases do on which is better for the shelf.

IMG_20230518_134312.jpg
IMG_20230518_134238.jpg

Moving onto Thursday we have the last volume that I needed for this series - Monster Omnibus 7. The first time I bought the first volume of Monster was back in May 2015 so it's taken 8 years for me to finally get the series completed. With Pluto sorted earlier on, the next one I want to look into finishing up is Master Keaton.

IMG_20230519_175839.jpg
IMG_20230519_180518.jpg

Moving onto today, we have Attack on Titan: The Final Season Part 2 limited edition Blu-ray & DVD from Crunchyroll UK. The second batch of episodes and we're not done yet as there's still Part 3 that needs to be sorted out first. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

I still use UP1, but i do tend to shop around abit. WOWHD, otaku.co.uk, Amazon UK (via amazon US), most recently Allyourmusic via ebay (as they had and i think still have a 20% off when buying 2 items)

still do the odd rightstuf order and just accept the amount they show that'll cost for shipping and import tax (sometime UP1 via rightstuf on the super big sales)

Oooh good reminder need to pick up Shikimori sometime!

Where is everyone importing BDs from nowadays? Is UP1 still best place?
I use Rightstuf with their GotAnime membership. I found that when you buy multiple items together for a single haul it does end up being cheaper than United Publications, but there are some factors needed to make that happen; GotAnime as mentioned for 10% discount, weekly specials can help to get even more discounts, coupon codes can be added on top of GotAnime & sales which can make a haul have at least 20-25% off, the exchange rate which is currently $1 = 80p can make a difference, especially as UP1's prices are based on the weaker exchange rate from a while back.

Back