What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Sentai Sale order arrived! that was quick. £51 + £16 Stackry delivery

enjoyed Locodol, Kids on the Slope, Princess Principal & Dungeon when they aired so a rewatch is definitely in order
all of Amagami for 5 dollarinos? yes please
have the big Hidamari Sketch boxset so the graduation OVAs was a no brainer
Komugi and Glasslip are total punts. I have a long history with not getting along with PA Works shows (except Shirobako & Eccentric Family), they usually look beautiful but bore me after a few episodes so this one is a long shot.

View attachment 29894

I loved Kids on the Slope and the first season of Amagami (not seen the second season yet but I do have both on Blu-ray and KotS as well), haven't watched Komugi yet but I think it has the same director as Full Metal Panic Fumoffu or something like that, so probably a livelier experience with funnier comedy than some other PA Works shows (though I also really love A Lull in the Sea and have that gorgeous premium boxset that MVM released here) :)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have actually seen the original Nurse Witch Komugi OVA - wasn't really my thing but had it's moments, occasionally it did really make me laugh even if overall I didn't like it much :)

Last edited:
I really liked Komugi R it takes all of the issues of being an upcoming idol, whose stuck doing the low level jobs like a murder victim for a cheap TV show or advertising products on a street side, etc and foists being a magic girl on top of her as well.

It's like a mix between idol, magical girl, comedy with a dose of ecchi with her competing with other more famous idols. I don't think it deserves the low MAL rating it currently has.

All my Prime Day packages have now arrived, got everything here excluding the CPU for €510.
The Ryzen 9 7950x I got from CEX for €117 plus €303 in vouchers.

PXL_20230719_140711015.MP.jpg

I've been donated a case and an AIO, the AIO is fine but the case is probably the worst designed one I've ever seen, the PSU is mounted vertically at the front. Will be grabbing a NZXT H7 Flow to put everything in next week.

I'll be adding a second hand RTX3080 when funds allow, the iGPU will do in the meantime.

Fyi I'm upgrading from an i7 920(1st gen), 6gb ddr3, 60gb sata2 ssd, 2x 500gb WD Blacks hdds and a 2gb Radeon HD6870 gpu.

Last edited:
2023 HAUL VER 7.2
(note: images are hosted via AUKN for the meantime)

View attachment 29890

Bruce Lee at Golden Harvest arrived yesterday and I would have made a post on it, but the box set is filled with tons of content that my unboxing post on my blog was delayed so I only just got it sorted today. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

This release contains 4K Ultra HD discs for The Big Boss, Fist of Fury, The Way of the Dragon and Game of Death, plus Blu-ray discs for Enter the Dragon (which re-uses Warner Bros' 40th anniversary release from 2013), Game of Death's Alternate Versions, Final Game of Death, Game of Death II & Tower of Death, and the documentaries Bruce Lee: The Man & The Legend and Bruce Lee: The Legend.
It looks like there was scenes of more graphic violence missing from the big boss in the were the bodies were being disposed of plus the fight scene that's missing the bit with the saw in the head of the bad guys so the 110 minute cut of the big boss is longest cut available.

That case is to small for modern GPUs you need a bigger case with plenty of fans for better air flow.
That system isn't going to have a dedicated graphics card since even in its current state it managed with my "stress test" so with more RAM (along with it being in dual channel) will make it a lot better even though if I remember it'll only use a maximum of 4GB of RAM for the graphics side (the only other things I will be adding is extra storage via PCIe cards) since once I can get the build I'm actually planning that will be relegated to a general use and light gaming system.

View attachment 29911

Got any photos of the inside contents for the Greatest Demon Lord is Reborn as a Typical Nobody. Curious about how they treated it given how Platinum End turned out.
It's not a collector's edition, if that's what you mean.
It's a typical Blu-ray with slipcover.

Although I did forget to say the audio is Japanese, English, French and German. With subtitles in all languages. I haven't checked if you can mix these. Except Japanese with English subtitles.

It's not a collector's edition, if that's what you mean.
It's a typical Blu-ray with slipcover.

Although I did forget to say the audio is Japanese, English, French and German. With subtitles in all languages. I haven't checked if you can mix these. Except Japanese with English subtitles.
I know it's not a collector's release, so for context Platinum End's UK/EU release had the artwork that was inside the Amaray case be replaced by a German version of the front cover. So I was curious if they were trying that tactic for their other multi-language releases.

20230720_190934.jpg20230720_190947.jpg20230720_191005.jpg20230720_191053.jpg

JP deluxe releases tho lmao it's absurdly luxurious, the rainbow metallic finish on the digipak is breathtaking good lord man.

3 or 4 great pieces of artwork in the booklet along with comments from the main development members and lyrics for a lot of tracks, can't wait to dig into this 🤤

Love how you can see my greasy mitts all over the back of the slipcase 👐

View attachment 29931View attachment 29932View attachment 29933View attachment 29934

JP deluxe releases tho lmao it's absurdly luxurious, the rainbow metallic finish on the digipak is breathtaking good lord man.

3 or 4 great pieces of artwork in the booklet along with comments from the main development members and lyrics for a lot of tracks, can't wait to dig into this 🤤

Love how you can see my greasy mitts all over the back of the slipcase 👐

I just bought it on iTunes like a filthy casual. The digital release doesn't have the 8th disc content from the ultimate edition, but it's still over 8 hours of music.

Back