What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

IMG_8537.jpeg
I imported this curious re-packaging from eBay. It looks rather like a bootleg but is legit and being sold at Wal Marts in the states. KOTH is one of those series that is prone to bootlegs, however, so if you see the complete series on DVD for less than £60 it’s likely a scam.

2023 HAUL VER 9.1
(note: images are hosted via AUKN for the meantime)

Three packages arrived today!

IMG_20230906_180344.jpg

Starting off the month we have two more Anime Limited collector's edition Blu-ray releases. First up we have Ayumu Watanabe & Studio 4°C's Fortune Favors Lady Nikuko. The two worked together on Children of the Sea which I really enjoyed so I am curious to see how this one fares as it's more family focused and lighthearted compared to the fantasy and darker tone of the previous one.

IMG_20230906_181357.jpg

Also arrived is JUNK HEAD, a stop-motion anime film by Takahide Hori. This is a film that he's spent 7 years working on even as early as 2013 with his short film that this is based on. The Blu-ray by Anime Limited also features a 1 hour making of featurette and the booklet has an article written by Jonathan Clements.

IMG_20230906_182704.jpg

And here we have something completely different, well depending on how you see it. Last month I started to buy a few games from Limited Run Games through VideoGamesPlus because it was a second chance to get a lot of the games that were either something that I was interested in or would be one that I would like to own one day. Since then I have gone a bit overboard with roughly 13 Limited Run Games either arrived, purchased or shipped out already.

Here we have Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition, a 1997 point and click adventure game that originated on PC by Westwood Studios and was remastered by Nightdive Studios for Nintendo Switch as well as other platforms. Due to the title being retro and worked on by Nightdive (known for their efforts on remastering DOOM 64, Quake, Turok and developed the well-received System Shock remake), I decided this would be a great suit for this platform. Now the game does have some issues in its remaster but from what I have read the original code was lost but the original style is available as an option.

This game did appear in the August batch on Video Games Plus but I didn't decide on looking into this game until the past two weeks, and the game had sold out fairly early on which is fair play. I was rather fortunate to find a copy on eBay which was expensive but nowhere near as bad as Turok and other LRG titles.

IMG_8544.jpeg
IMG_8551.jpeg
IMG_8553.jpeg
IMG_8539.jpeg
IMG_8540.jpeg
IMG_8541.jpeg
My Sentai sale order arrived today via Stackry through Evri. Also pictured is the packaging it arrived in, to showcase how Stackry repackage when requested. Essentially, they didn’t - the box looks to be the same one Sentai shipped it in, with some additional bubble wrap to keep everything secure. Another tidbit is that it looks like Sentai are possibly using the same warehouse that DirectToU do now, owing to the familiar design of the box.

Overall, using Stackry was very straightforward and the delivery time was solid so I’ll consider them again if Sentai or any other US-only companies do another worthwhile sale.

Last edited:
My Sentai sale order arrived today via Stackry through Evri. Also pictured is the packaging it arrived in, to showcase how Stackry repackage when requested. Essentially, they didn’t - the box looks to be the same one Sentai shipped it in, with some additional bubble wrap to keep everything secure. Another tidbit is that it looks like Sentai are possibly using the same warehouse that DirectToU do now, owing to the familiar design of the box.

Overall, using Stackry was very straightforward and the delivery time was solid so I’ll consider them again if Sentai or any other US-only companies do another worthwhile sale.
How was the customs for your haul, considering the massive amount of items it had.

More new fun stuff!

Cuckoo-Nana-Grisaia-Joshiraku-Lucky.jpg

Heaven-Erased-Hero-King.jpg

This thread makes me realise just how long I've been waiting for my rightstuf order. It was held up for about 3 weeks while I waited for everything to come back into stock, then took over a week for rightstuf to actually send a shipping notice, then it had to be sent to stackry and since then it's been 2 weeks. 6 weeks is a long-ass wait. I miss the days when the rightstuf postage was affordable during sales and you could get your stuff within a week or two.

Some very nice hauls here. Not that I'm jealous or anything.

Grrrrr. An annoying follow up. I got a customs charge card through the door today despite using Stackry. Not sure what I did incorrectly but this is exactly what I was hoping to avoid. I've used them 4 times before and never been hit by any charges. £56.23! I'm pretty annoyed right now, I still saved enough to warrant buying as there was quite a lot off some of the sales items but it means the (expletives) have my parcel for another few days which pisses me off because as mentioned above it's already been over 2 months since I made this fricking order.

Back