What Games Are You Playing?

I found that both 12 and 13 have very different approaches to their stories. I mean i find that 12 had more focus on the world as a whole than on the characters, whereas 13 feels more character driven than story, that isn't to say the story is weak, going through all of the data files you get as you go is quite the read, but still. In that respect, i do find it hard to really compare those two, as they do feel like completely different games.

On topic, when i'm not studying all day, i'm on Halo Reach beta, which is great at the moment, and warcraft 3: Frozen throne. When the exams are done with, i'll be able to focus properly on the others games in my ever increasing backlog.

CloudedMinds said:
Playing through Left 4 Dead 2 which includes the new campaign 'The Passing' and so far its simply awesome! Anyone want to get a game going sometime? ;)

Sure. You on PC?

I'm currently replaying Mass Effect 2. Damn I do love this game.

I completed Valkyria Chronicles last week. Such a good game.

I'm considering replaying a game or starting something new. For my new games my options are Digital Devil Saga 2 and Hotel Dusk.

ilmaestro said:
Super Street Fighter IV.

Are you enjoying it ilmaestro? I'm quite tempted to pick this up for the 360 with an arcade stick as I liked the previous version but the horrible 360 pad made it unplayable. The Third Strike characters are a great addition IMHO.

Tekken 6 also looks quite good. Do you know if you can use either of the arcade sticks on each game?

@Kaede: I've got SSFIV as well and i do enjoy it, the new characters and such add to the game well, and the balancing is nice, even though i thought sakura was made weaker(apparently buffed). I'd recommend getting it if you liked SFIV, but yeah, arcade stick would be a good choice. I just wish gremlin solutions would reply to my e-mail, because i'm growing impatient of not having my arcade stick running now.

Kaede said:
ilmaestro said:
Super Street Fighter IV.

Are you enjoying it ilmaestro?
Yup, big time. The new characters are great, and the new lobby system is awesome. Tekken 6 is also a very good game btw. You will be fine with any arcade stick in terms of it working with both games.

Hokum said:
After Sony nerfed Dragon Age, i'm now playing Mass effect 2 on my PC, also playing ARMA II and L4D2...

What's your Steam username dude? If you add me i'll get a few games going with you on L4D2.

I'm Spyro201 like.

I 'm still playing Bad Comapny 2 overall but I just got Splinter Cell Conviction today. Haven't played it yet but looking forward to getting it installed.

I finally beat a campaign on Expert in L4D2, with two people I know and an AI, the AI was just an aimbot who takes all the damage for us to give us time to run and figure what to do next. It worked well and surprisingly we all survived on the finale.

Finishing off GTA:IV at the moment when I'm not playing Monster Hunter Tri, I'm eager to play the Episodes of Liberty City which I got for Christmas.

Voddas said:
I 'm still playing Bad Comapny 2 overall but I just got Splinter Cell Conviction today. Haven't played it yet but looking forward to getting it installed.

Oooh, hope you like it. You a SC fan or just wanted Convic? If you enjoyed Batman Arkham Asylum you'll probably like it. It's closer to that in many respects than "classic" splinter cell.

At the mo I'm playing Prototype. Mass carnage HO!

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Voddas said:

Oooh, hope you like it. You a SC fan or just wanted Convic? If you enjoyed Batman Arkham Asylum you'll probably like it. It's closer to that in many respects than "classic" splinter cell.
I was a huge fan of the first three installments and have completed them several times over. Never played Double Agent though. Wasn't because I didn't want to but rather I 've been playing other stuff and it got by me.

I did indeed enjoy Arkham Asylum too. I heard from a friend that it wasn't like the classic SC. He's also the reason why I have it now because he kept going on about it. =P

Still not yet played it. It's there prepped and ready for when I do like.

pickup36a.jpg

Alan Wake arrived this morning, in a really snazzy limited edition set! Played the first episode earlier and I fell in love. It's everything I want in a videogame. Strong narrative driven game, aimed squarely to my tastes (pulpy genre B movie :D). Some really stunning set pieces in the first chapter alone.

Red Dead Redemption. It took about 30 minutes to get going and I'm about an hour into it now but its getting more and more awesome by the minute.

memorium said:
the legend of a game that is Baldur's Gate

Man after my own heart.

As for Splinter Cell, I played the Conviction demo last week at a friends household. I was never going to buy the game cus the game mechanics were changed, but having said that, i was yet to try it out.
The game is enjoyable for about 5 - 10 minutes, untill you realise just how shallow it is compared to the older games. It's not Splinter Cell in my eyes. Just another action game that Sam Fisher happens to be in.

It's one of my biggest disapointments of the year.

As for myself, i'm playing a few sessions of 'Empire Total War' as "Prussia!" AND this pure game from my youth called 'Wargasm', cus...well it's called Wargasm.

I'm right at the end of Muramasa: The Demon Blade. Been playing it on Shura difficulty, which is, quite frankly, hard (the bosses, not the normal enemies).

Achingly beautiful graphics, especially those wheat fields.

Also playing a horror game on the DS called Theresia. A mixture of first-person perspective corridor walking and point 'n' click room searching. If horror is built on sound alone then this is the most frightening game ever made. But it isn't, and some flaws let it down. Despite that it's worth a look.

It also has a very good story.

Back