What's the worst anime you own on DVD?

I personally never got into Fullmetal Panic. I've heard great reviews all over about this but I just don't get it. It kinda put me off mechas, although there are some decent ones out there.

I got New Gall Force pretty cheap, I just couldn't stay awake.

I have too many to mention. I can't even remember some of the really bad ones.

Kai Doh Maru is one of the worst I have owned (got rid of it a long time ago thank god).

Of my current collection I would say Robotech - the dialogue was sooooo bad.

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo - watched 1 episode on a cover disc, did not enjoy watching it (I know some people rate it highly it was just not for me).

Samurai Gun - watched 1 episode on a cover disc, did not like it.

Divergence Eve - watched 1 episode on a cover disc, did not even watch the full episode it was so bad!

mangaman74 said:
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo - watched 1 episode on a cover disc, did not enjoy watching it (I know some people rate it highly it was just not for me).

mangaman74 said:
w.

t.

f.

--

Hmm, mine might be L/R. It's possibly the only series that I've started buying and not continued collecting. Don't really know why, either.

ilmaestro said:
Hmm, mine might be L/R. It's possibly the only series that I've started buying and not continued collecting. Don't really know why, either.

For posting this months after I collected the series from SS and right after I typed up a mini-review, getting an impressive score of 1/6 on MAL, I thank you for sharing.

mangaman74 said:

I have to say this one is a bit of a slow burner at the start - it took a few episodes to really hook me but when it did, I was glued to the screen for the rest. If you get the chance to see a couple more episodes it might be worth a try.

Of course if you really hated it there's now much point in forcing you to watch a whole disc just to find out you still hate it ;)

R

For listing Gankutsuou alongside Divergence Eve, Samurai Gun and Robotech, "mangaman" deserves the Paul treatment. There should be a no mercy policy concerning tasteless individuals who cannot tell diamonds from stones.

Aion said:
ilmaestro said:

For posting this months after I collected the series from SS and right after I typed up a mini-review, getting an impressive score of 1/6 on MAL, I thank you for sharing.

:D Apologies! I'm not really sure what I didn't like about it, though, so it's a tough one to really say to people "don't buy this because...".

The worst anime I currently possess is probably Karas and Afro Samurai Resurrection. They have some redemptive entertainment value thanks to their visuals and action, but they lack any real inspiration, character or plot.

There are far worse shows I've seen, but fortunately I've never paid for them.

It is the worst i own. Not every body thinks its DA BEST ANIMAY EVA!!!!!!11 like you and everyone else.

Also your sarcasim is VERY dry.

The worst anime i have on DVD.. that’s hard as i only have anime i liked on DVD... I'll get flack for this but probably the Neon genesis Evangelion box set is probably the "worst" mainly due to the fact the last few ep's are a complete waste.

Re: Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo

I never said this was a crap show, I just said I did not enjoy it. The problem I had with the show was on the visual side. As with marmite you either like the visuals or hate them.

Other people have listed The Wings of Honneamise, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Panic and Howl's Moving Castle, all shows/films that I like. At the end of the day everyone has different tastes, different likes/dislikes.

As for getting volume 1 of Gankutsuou, I am currently getting less anime as I do not want to buy stuff again on Blu-Ray.

Yuvie said:
I personally never got into Fullmetal Panic. I've heard great reviews all over about this but I just don't get it. It kinda put me off mechas, although there are some decent ones out there.
Hey don't worry about it. We all have our bad moments.

Sy said:
megagold5 said:
Rurouni Kenshin, I remembered it as being substantially better than it was when I rewatched it over christmas. :(
Here here. I remember the first time I watched that and thought that while it wasn't amazing it was one of the better Jump shows but recently watching it back it was hard to get through the first couple of disks! The music is a major killer of any mood the show might have. It's overpowering and most of the time out of place.

/cheer. One of the things that really got me about it this time round was possibly the out of place comedy, and the fact that it was very, very repetitive in these 'funny' aspects.

Also, I don't think I will be able to rewatch it again, especially as I watched Samurai X this time around. The first 2, fine, ok. Reflection? Killed the whole thing for me. Goddamn, seriously...the hell... /cry.

Doberman Pharaoh said:
You take that back you swine!

Sorry. *whimper*

okay howl wasn't that bad I didn't personally like that much It had a really crap ending for one thing I would give 7/10

Which is very disappointing after the other ghiblis I loved that I've seen

Spirited away 9/10
Princess monouke 10/10
The cat returns 8/10
Whisper of the heart 8/10
pom poko 9/10
etc

I think my least favourite thing I own is probably witchblade
I just think its really boring and kind of a generic story again 6 or 7 out of 10
simply cause it has some nice animation

Maybe jinki extend too but im more sad about the price a paid for it it's aliiiright

The worst thing in my collection?.....

Well, that has to be Jinki:Extend...started off well but from the 2nd episode onwards...it was rubbish (you get confused quite easily i'll just add)

just checked my collection and spotted Sakura wars - sumire.
The highlight of this show is a cha cha cha song... >.>

Seriously!

Back