Which is better reccomend me psp v ds

Link100p said:
I wasn't pushing it, I was annoyed that I was called ignorant because I didn't agree with what the person said.

Well lets agree to disagree since you accused me of saying the PSP was better than the DS.

I own both and both are great consoles. You'll not be disapointed with either, to be honest.

However, I'll just add that anyone who says the PSP is crap is an ill-informed idiot when it comes to videogames ^_^

Light said:
Ok i just wondered which was better in your personal opinion since i figured this board wasn't into fanboyism much :eek:

Are you kidding me? This board is rife with horrible Nintendo fanboysim =(

CitizenGeek said:
However, I'll just add that anyone who says the PSP is crap is an ill-informed idiot when it comes to videogames ^_^
69250266_8c1f5c979c.jpg

Can't we just end it now and let him pick what he wants? >_>

Lupus Inu said:
CitizenGeek said:
Can't we just end it now and let him pick what he wants? >_>

The same thing goes for DS - anyone who says that the DS is rubbish is equally ill-informed and equally idiotic ^_^

CitizenGeek said:

I think it's a perfectly fair assumption to say the PSP is lacking a good catologue of quality games. That's why I don't like it.

Espy said:
CitizenGeek said:

I think it's a perfectly fair assumption to say the PSP is lacking a good catologue of quality games. That's why I don't like it.

No, that isn't a fair assumption at all - and I'm pretty sure you could realise that if you wanted to. PSP has at least 3 or 4 really, really great exclusive games for pretty much every genre - which is something that can't be said for DS, really.

The UMD thing isn't much of a hook for me. I don't see the point of watching movies on the go. When I go out why would I want to watch a movie? Might as well stay at home.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
The UMD thing isn't much of a hook for me. I don't see the point of watching movies on the go. When I go out why would I want to watch a movie? Might as well stay at home.

Yeah same here. Its just plain inconvenient in that sense.

Outlawstar said:
Ooooh comparing the DSs back catalogue to psps is a losing battle.DS FTW.

I'm sorry but .... what? Do you people just cover your eyes everytime you see a good PSP game or something? According to MetaCritic, PSP has a larger quantity of high scoring games than the DS - how do you explain this?

never judge whats good and whats not by reviews. There is plenty of reviews for each both complimenting its catalogue and commenting on it. For me the DS was the more obvious choice, i found it more comfortable, the games kept me hooked more(still do), whereas with the PSP, yes there is a handful of good games, but thats about it to me. I don't really see the PSP as a console of a sort anyways, most people i know with one just use it for music or films, on the occasion i saw some people with it, i saw a game on, but thats it.

EDIT: you said there is at least 3-4 good games on each genre on the PSP, yeah maybe so, there is on the DS, and i think the DS has more of a variety of genres too

CitizenGeek said:
Espy said:
CitizenGeek said:

No, that isn't a fair assumption at all - and I'm pretty sure you could realise that if you wanted to. PSP has at least 3 or 4 really, really great exclusive games for pretty much every genre - which is something that can't be said for DS, really.

I'm not exactly a PSP hater - I actually bought one. But I haven't played it for about 18 months, because there are no games that interest me. When I look at the PSP shelves, I just see PSP version of multiplatform games, sports games and the odd PSOne RPG ported to PSP. Looking at the top 20 games on gamerankings, I think eight are exclusives, the highest average score being 90% for a puzzle game. When your console's most critically acclaimed game is a puzzle game, that doesn't really say much. With the DS, all bar one of the games are exclusive (though I'm not sure about the castlevania titles), and the top game, Mario Kart DS has 92%.

I'm not really wanting to start a debate here, I know CitizenGeek is a very competitive debater, even though you hold views that most good debaters don't. Baffling!

I got a ds on the weekend :D
I saw the psp price and games then saw the deal they did with the ds and the games i got one :)
The psp had a lot of games i had already played on the ps1 or ps2.

Espy said:
CitizenGeek said:
Espy said:
CitizenGeek said:

I'm not exactly a PSP hater - I actually bought one. But I haven't played it for about 18 months, because there are no games that interest me. When I look at the PSP shelves, I just see PSP version of multiplatform games, sports games and the odd PSOne RPG ported to PSP. Looking at the top 20 games on gamerankings, I think eight are exclusives, the highest average score being 90% for a puzzle game. When your console's most critically acclaimed game is a puzzle game, that doesn't really say much. With the DS, all bar one of the games are exclusive (though I'm not sure about the castlevania titles), and the top game, Mario Kart DS has 92%.

I'm not really wanting to start a debate here, I know CitizenGeek is a very competitive debater, even though you hold views that most good debaters don't. Baffling![/quote

Exactly.
And it all falls down to why the DS is consistently outlselling the PSP.
Whether or not they both have great games, as far as Im concerned for the most part, the ds`s greats are greater because the freshness and innovation and this VERY clearly showws in the consistent top sellers for DS.
I mean everyone I know who has a PSP bought it cause "it plays movies and stuff" but now theyre collecting more dust than a rug.
Im NOT putting down the PSP because its a nice machine with some great games but the DS, what can I say, Im a real sucker for it.
And of course who makes better games than Nintys best(cue long arguement)

Outlawstar said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:

Yeah same here. Its just plain inconvenient in that sense.

Agreed the UMD was something I liked when I first bought the PSP but to be fair I prefer to just load movies onto the memory card as it uses far less power than running them from disc's.

Once again I would also like to re-iterate my position on the PSP vs DS debate. Although I find the PSP's graphics better and the movie/memory option brilliant for watching anime on the bus or on planes whilst travelling. I find the DS a better gaming console with a far wider choice of games that suit my taste.

Yes I know the PSP has the GTA games but so does the PS2 now which kinda takes away my main reason for owning my PSP. And if someone offered me a swap of my PSP for a DS I would probably take it and I know that will annoy the PSP fans but I just don't use my PSP enough anymore. Infact the only time it gets used is if I am travelling and wanna watch anime or if a new RPG or GTA game is released that I want

I have owned my black DS for about 2 months now, and I have to say that it is great fun. Unfortunately I have not had it out of the drawer in recent weeks (work is time-consuming right now), but the puchase has been a good one for me.

I chose the DS for price, functionality and the choice of games on offer. The ability to have a 5-minute go on Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training is great, as much as a good 2-hour session on Final Fantasy 3 when I have the time.

A train journey has never passed so quickly as when I have had my DS to hand. All hail the mighty DS!

Back