Why do YOU like visiting AUKN?

Ammish

Stand User
Let's have a positive spin on this. It isn't an attack, but with the negativity and such... and the whole 'flame flame flame' in the second 4chan topic, let's think positive for once. So here is the question:

Why do YOU like visiting AUKN?

Why I like visting AUKN? Weeell, I guess it's the people here. Sure, I'm not close to any of them, but when we talk (mostly on the chat), we can all have a laugh.

Shoot!

People I can chat to about anime/common interests.

I'd say i'm friends with a few on here- despite starting on the wrong foot with a few.

I'm able to chat about anime, without having to point out the differences between the US and the UK industries in every other post. Plus it's a good way to share information about domestic retailers and bargains.

What a nice topic idea!

Again, it's the other posters. This is the only UK-based anime forum I'm a regular on these days. It's attracted a nice blend of users with a lot of diverse opinions and there's always something interesting going on. Especially since LAC closed down I've felt rather isolated from other UK fan communities (a few of my RL friends have "outgrown" the hobby too) so hearing chitchat about the UK industry and releases is lovely.

The original attraction was lurking in the Marketplace, I'm ashamed to say ;)

R

Talk about anime and manga, recommend them and get recommendations for things I might like, see peoples sketches and share my wallpapers, and talk to all the people on here about anything and everything.

It's a good place for me to keep updated on anime and manga news for the UK and I find that a lot of the members have interesting opinions and discussion; much to the point that even though I don't participate in every thread, I pretty much read all (or most) of them.

A fantastic gateway to anime, I have no idea where I'd be without some of the people on here. I might still be watching Naruto and getting excited over a sword variation in Bleach. I'm still here because its a decent/great community, even if I don't get as involved in the arguments as I used to (for some reason, I find it harder now) its still my third most visited site according to my Google Chrome homepage, just behind Google itself and Wikipedia.

Can't see myself ever leaving.

I first came because I wanted to talk to others about anime, as none of my RL friends (all two of them) were interested. They still aren't.

I stay because it's the best UK centric forum going and I've got to know and like a lot of the members who, it has to be said even after recent problems, remain on the whole far more mature than the users of many anime boards.

post and read posts with/by other anime fans here in the UK/Europe and to get all the latest news on anime releases and stuff here in the UK

All o' y'all regs seem pretty cool and not at all cliquey, which coming from AoD as the only other anime board that I have posted on a bit/lurked extensively on is a nice change indeed.

I came here looking for RL friends who like anime. I still haven't found said friends, but I met a few in persons, such as Hopeful Monster, Manga girl and McIcy (really nice guys), Crion (an anime supplier of mine), ninja boy (manga supplier) and Otaku-san (who is different in person, but still a funny guy - although weird sometimes). I've also met Jayme, but we didn't had much chance to talk as the last expo was a bit too crowded for us to have a proper AUKN meetup.

chaos said:
I came here looking for RL friends who like anime. I still haven't found said friends, but I met a few in persons, such as Hopeful Monster, Manga girl and McIcy (really nice guys), Crion (an anime supplier of mine), ninja boy (manga supplier) and Otaku-san (who is different in person, but still a funny guy - although weird sometimes). I've also met Jayme, but we didn't had much chance to talk as the last expo was a bit too crowded for us to have a proper AUKN meetup.
I wouldn't mind a meetup at some point. I never get down to these London events though, transport and accommodation in this country drains the old wallet pretty fast. And then I know I would be tempted to spend far too much...

I'll probably meet some people at the London expo, probably the October one, as I wont be able to make the next one, shame you lot don't live in the Midlands, it's easier to get to that one for me :p

JamesX said:
I'll probably meet some people at the London expo, probably the October one, as I wont be able to make the next one, shame you lot don't live in the Midlands, it's easier to get to that one for me :p

Techincally that's easier for me as well (since you know its closer to me then london is :p ) its just that i've never been to london and i've heard its the better of the two.

I come here for many of the reasons listed above, its nice to talk to other people about anime and manga and not have them think i'm crazy. In recent months its also been good to start showing my drawings off to other people.

ilmaestro said:
Birmingham meet! Definitely the choice of the connoisseur. ^_^

I agree to this.. not because I live near to the tram that connects Wolverhampton and Birmingham at all :p

And the London expo is suppose to be loads better, midlands one is pretty small.

I only post here for two reasons:

1: This is, by a small margin, the most active of the two UK anime forums.

2: Boredom.

Liking the forum and/or its posters has nothing to do with it. I like that posters on here tend not to form groups and attack anyone different - mainly because anime fans are weird by nature - but there isn't a lot else I'm too fond of.

I used to like bigger forums but, as I've aged, the idea of being one among 1000's became less tempting. Providing I can manage to avoid getting attacked whenever I post, I prefer smaller boards that don't have 100's of spam posts per day.

Also, I've gone off anime quite a bit nowadays, so I don't really want to be posting on sites where users get really into discussing the latest series to get subbed. I'd feel left out when most other posters start 5-10 of the newly aired series.

I joined because i wanted to meet people who also like anime and hopefully could help me find newer and better anime than the shows i was watching (naruto, shaman king, cowboy bebop and GITS)

then after about three quarters of a year my interests in anime have gone down abit. i still watched it....but my focus turned to Manga. bought a load of manga and still love reading new Vol's when i've got the cash to buy em.

My presence was mainly in the forum games...as i felt it was a place that wasn't part of the main aim of the site, so i could talk to others without feeling uncomfortable about knowing only a certain amount of anime...and whilst i wasn't sure if the community where friendly or argumentative and destructive.....so the games section was where i started talking to a few people....and those people i became mates with.
spoke to each other for ages and still do. and we talked about things that ranged from anime, manga, influences, music and general interests along with common convo's such as talking about what were upto at the weekend or looking forward to, events along with jobwise and hobby wise.

I still talk to members regarding anime and manga, not always on the forums. but i come here daily to talk and browse through new show/volume updates.

Most of the posters on here i regard as nice people who i'd give the time of day. although the forum has minor outbursts and the occasional major one, its a nice place to visit. newbies are welcomed and a common respect for one another is upheld 99% of the time. the variation of different people with different likes, dislikes and backgrounds proves that the UK is made up of different cultures, the scots, the british, irish and the welsh along with the odd random place :p

Back