X-Men Anime Promo Release

shh227

Dandy Guy, in Space
X-Men Anime Promo Release

The Japanese Animax television channel has launched a website for Marvel's new X-Men anime adaption by MADHOUSE, with the first promo. The anime will be starting on the Animax channel in April the 4th. Animax has previously launched an Iron Man and a Wolverine anime and results seemed to be successful. There is also a plan for another Marvel anime adaptation with Blade.
The confirmed characters in this X-men anime adaption are Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Beast and Professor X.

Source
<a href="http://www.jefusion.com/2011/02/marvel-anime-x-men-promo.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Jefusion-TokusatsuAnimeJdramaAndHenshinHottiesUnites+%28JEFusion+|+Japanese+Entertainment+Blog%29">Jefusion</a>

Hmmm, it looks good, if it has the cast of the original X Men anime from the mid 90's then it'll be a definate yes as the cast would include Rogue and Gambit, if not then I'm sure it'll still be a good watch anyway.

Cyclops looks badass, but I'm sure that he wears sunglasses when he's just out and about? But seeing as this is a trailer, it is in no way shape or form is going to resemble the series as a whole.

I wasn't that interested in Iron Man or Wolverine, but for some reason, this one intrigues me. I do hope Gambit is in this one; I can see the Japanese audiences taking a liking to him.

But seeing as this is a trailer, it is in no way shape or form is going to resemble the series as a whole.
If past experience is anything to go by, it will be completely different.

I was burned by Iron Man, but since this trailer is composed of actual footage from the anime I'm hopeful. Plus Cyclops is my second favourite X-man after Wolverine so I'm in.

Ryu Shoji said:
I wasn't that interested in Iron Man or Wolverine, but for some reason, this one intrigues me. I do hope Gambit is in this one; I can see the Japanese audiences taking a liking to him.

But seeing as this is a trailer, it is in no way shape or form is going to resemble the series as a whole.
If past experience is anything to go by, it will be completely different.

The IM and Wolverine first trailers were total previews and it was obvious that they were as such, this is clearly composed of cuts from several episodes so I'm hopeful it's representative.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
I was burned by Iron Man, but since this trailer is composed of actual footage from the anime I'm hopeful.

Same here, the Iron Man anime, Gotham Knight and Afro Samurai Resurrection quelled much of my enthusiasm for this sort of US-Japanese collaboration. Still the trailer does look promising on the animation front, I just hope they manage to cook up a decent story to go with it this time.

Wildcard said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
I was burned by Iron Man, but since this trailer is composed of actual footage from the anime I'm hopeful.

Same here, the Iron Man anime, Gotham Knight and Afro Samurai Resurrection quelled much of my enthusiasm for this sort of US-Japanese collaboration. Still the trailer does look promising on the animation front, I just hope they manage to cook up a decent story to go with it this time.

I actually rather liked the madhouse episodes of Gotham Knight (the ones that had 'name' villains) and even the one by the tekkokinkreet (sp) guy, though I frankly detest that style.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
I actually rather liked the madhouse episodes of Gotham Knight (the ones that had 'name' villains) and even the one by the tekkokinkreet (sp) guy, though I frankly detest that style.

Gotham Knight had its moments certainly; I seem to recall Madhouse's episodes weren't bad, but Production I.G was way below their usual standard. Maybe I just had unrealistic expectations for the potential of an anime Batman when the anthology was inevitably going to be a mixed bag from the start.

Being fair, they all did more for me than Iron Man.

Wildcard said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

Gotham Knight had its moments certainly; I seem to recall Madhouse's episodes weren't bad, but Production I.G was way below their usual standard. Maybe I just had unrealistic expectations for the potential of an anime Batman when the anthology was inevitably going to be a mixed bag from the start.

Being fair, they all did more for me than Iron Man.

Agreed. I love Iron Man as a character, both Tony and the suit, but the action was sub-live-action levels. If you're gonna turn an action based series into an anime at least turn it up to 11 like Clone Wars (the 2d cartoon, not THE Clone Wars).

I finished watching it in its entireity on sunday and it was one of the most tired and clichéd shows I've had the misfortune of seeing. Only thing that stirred me at all was the score. When IM is kicking butt, the score that plays is epic and I hate that the only way I can hear it is by watching or listening to the last few second of the ED.

Have you seen the CGI Clone Wars series, Sparrow? Ignoring the film and some of the first season, its really an excellent show. The action is terrific, the knowledge of the 'verse is outstanding and it looks bloody amazing.

Jayme said:
Have you seen the CGI Clone Wars series, Sparrow? Ignoring the film and some of the first season, its really an excellent show. The action is terrific, the knowledge of the 'verse is outstanding and it looks bloody amazing.

Seen the movie and some of the first season :p But I do quite like it.

That said, have YOU seen the original series, because I maintain it's one of the best Star Wars things ever.

here's a video I made about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GrBTk2KWKE

(which someone else uploaded because Lucasfilm made a copyright claim which meant YT banned my original Sparrowsabre7 account)

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Jayme said:

That said, have YOU seen the original series, because I maintain it's one of the best Star Wars things ever.

(which someone else uploaded because Lucasfilm made a copyright claim which meant YT banned my original Sparrowsabre7 account)

lol Im not even really a big Star Wars fan, but that does look quite cool. Kinda like if the people who made Samurai Jack made Star Wars

vashdaman said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Jayme said:

lol Im not even really a big Star Wars fan, but that does look quite cool. Kinda like if the people who made Samurai Jack made Star Wars

Kinda because that is exactly what happened :p The creator of Samurai Jack directed it.

Ohh, Shadow -- sorry, yeah, I saw the Tartakovsky series a few years back. Watched it with a mate, really good stuff. I'll need to re-watch it to give a proper comparison but I think the new series gives it a run for its money; which considering the length of the new series, it damn well should.

Jayme said:
Ohh, Shadow -- sorry, yeah, I saw the Tartakovsky series a few years back. Watched it with a mate, really good stuff. I'll need to re-watch it to give a proper comparison but I think the new series gives it a run for its money; which considering the length of the new series, it damn well should.

Who's Shadow? =P Mmm the new series looks more character and dialogue centric, the first was just a lot of action really, not that that's bad, but I concede it's a flawed narrative style (though it was due to episode length in the first season)

I knew I had it wrong. Haha, sorry. The new series, like a lot of kids shows (with adult appeal) it has around 50/50 character and action.

Anyway, X-Men... Yeah!

Back