Your viewing journal

Taishou Yakyuu Musume ep 1 - This is like a show tailor made to hit my Strike Zone. If you had to list "things that make anime appeal to you" it's possible that the top of the list would be taken by "baseball" and "JC Staff shows about cute girls", so yeah.

Stuart-says-yes said:
(Ohayo) Madoka episode 4

Good episode this week, wasn't expecting much in the way of anything this episode, but it sets things up nicely for the next few episodes.

What a dick kajiro is to Sayaka, poor girl went to all that lengths to get him nice musics and he breaks it.

Homerun-chan doesn't appear to be too happy either, can see it building up into a three way fight between mahou shojo.

Also I'd say Kyubee is still evil, even after what he did this episode, it seems like he is just being crafty about how he does it.

I think its quite clear that Kyubee is not all that he is made out to be. I think he toyed with Sayaka a little bit! In episode 3 Kajiro was thankful for the cds Sayaka kept bringing along so why the sudden change in episode 4 i wonder? Can only be Kyubee's doing and this screenie probably proves it...

CloudedMinds said:
In episode 3 Kajiro was thankful for the cds Sayaka kept bringing along so why the sudden change in episode 4 i wonder?
Hmm, I'm not entirely convinced. He's still pretty "cut up" (see what I did there?) by listening to the music in ep 3, and it's logical that an outburst like he had in ep 4 would be from an emotional build up, having put up a happy front when Sayaka comes visiting for so long. Who knows when you would break under the mental and emotional stress of someone in his position.

As for Kyubey (an official romanization which sucks, imo, but it's also hard to decide what would be better)... I'm still leaning a little towards "chaotic neutral", rather than evil. He is very clearly orchestrating a lot of what happens, but I'm not prepared to start pinning down his ultimate goals.

Madoka ep 4 - Great mood ep after the bombshell of ep 3. Really starting to get things moving to set up the second half of the show.

Infinite Stratos ep 4 - OK, actual plot starting, I like it a lot more now. Cecilia still massively winning. Fights still feel a little bit too much like a computer game.

Finished Maburaho off.

A pretty poor series with only one or two glimmers of hope. A typical harem comedy with predictable storylines, characters and resolutions. It ends up festering in a pool of its own unambitious soul and doesn't seem to care at all.

Half way through the series something happens that had the possibility of doing something interesting, but fails drastically on all accounts. Yuna ends up being painfully annoying, Kuriko becomes nothing more than a tart with a heart, Rin just plods along, sword in hand, and because Kazuki one day eats her cooking, ends up in love with him. Yamase (the Childhood Friend With A Crush™) becomes something of nothing.

Add in typically average animation, typically average music and typically average typecasting and you have a typically average series, albeit one that pulls every magic trick out of its hat when the situation needs a resolution.

The ending was also terrible.

Watchable, but goodness knows why. Perhaps that's the maho of it all...

Madoka episode 4 - It was an understandable slow start, since the last episode was such a shock to everyone but by the end of it, we went back into the dark storyline of a brainwash cult, attempted group suicide and a massive mind ****.
Its still massively entertaining to watch as the tension rises and the unpredictablity of where the series it going.

Wolveranime episode 3 - I feel like i'm the only one watching this now but i've got to be totally honest; I really am enjoying this, the plot actually gives Wolverine a reason to fight and you get these really cool fights. We also get are first marvel antagonist Omega Red (I thought it was Doctor Octopus for a moment)

Infinite Stratos episode 4 - Although a bit predictable we get are first signs of an unknown enemy, again the fights are entertaining but I'm afraid I feel like I have to go through another harem centric episode for the next one, which I feel lets the series down half the time.

Fractale episode 2 - When I said the first episode reminds me of Ireland, this episode pretty much confirms that, love how everything looks and the plot seems to be developing nicely. Maestro now has me very interested in the next episode.

Kimi Ni Todoke Season 2 episode 3 - Still can't put my finger on Kento but so far I really him, his interactions with Sawako are funny and he seems to help with her confidence. Some more Sawako and Shouta awkward scenes continue to keep me in suspense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lupus said:
ilmaestro said:
Fractale ep 3 - **** Madoka, *this* is the HOLY SHI-! ep 3 of the season.
It was only a little blood, not that much to get worked up about.
Eh, the blood isn't the thing that surprised me so much as the show actually being about "real terrorists" and people actually dieing (especially in the context of people seeing the setting of the show so far as a "Ireland in the future"). imo did a way better job than Madoka of setting itself up as a relatively light hearted but potentially moralistic tale, and then pulling the rug out to some extent.

Should have updated this earlier, but will do so now anywho:

The World God Only Knows - Complete -I'll put me overall thoughts on the outta 10 topic.

To aru Majutsu no Index II 14-16 - One quick arc which i was able to blitz my way through fairly easily. I wasn't expecting to see the characters in this arc back so soon into the series after only first appearing at the beginning of this season, but there we go. Battles seem to becoming more frequent now for good old Touma(as is his misfortune with women), and The Roman Catholic Church must be up to something more major, within a couple of days they've tried two seperate attacks on academy city. Either they are getting worried about something or it's just an attempt at gaining territory.. Bring on more misfortune for Touma, i say.

Back