Your viewing journal

It was made by SHAFT anyway, I knew that I was going to be awesome even before it started and I absolutely agree that Gen shouldn't be apologizing for it.

Mami for three episode was constantly fighting and showing her experience throughout them, there wasn't much to add when her past was revealed, thus it made sense to get rid of her and add something unexpected and dramatic and I very much approve of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kimi no Todoke (s1) 4-6

It's still holding my attention, but if it weren't actually a shoujo series, I'd accuse it of being some sort of neurotic-girl-moe show. Sawako is an endearing character, but so much of her melodramatic plight is based on the slightest of misunderstandings that I do occasionally want an anime Leslie Nielsen to come along, slap her and tell her to get ahold of herself.

Also Kazehaya is a complete Marty Stu so far (to use the Trope-ish term). He's such a nice, upstanding young man that I want to punch him in the face every time he wanders on screen.

Madoka Magica is some good ****, I had my doubts but a semi-dark magical girl show? Yeah, I'm not afraid to admit it's possibly my favourite show this season. Yuki Kaijura's music really gives a lot to this show, like most of her work for most series.

Still watching GOSICK, first episode was terrible but the second was a little better. Downloaded the third, so I'll let this be the tie-breaker for whether I'm going to drop it or not.

Wandering Son isn't really as angsty as I had hoped but it's a good series so far, never been into slice of life too much but it's fun so it's all good.

BEELZEBUB I randomly picked up because I haven't watched a Shounen Jump show properly in years, hasn't made me laugh but it's interesting enough, pacing is terrible but apart from that it's fine.

LEVEL E so far is probably my second favourite this season, it's Yoshihiro Togashi and I never read the manga, good show.

Fractale is just Laputa and Nausicáá with more appealing character designs, nothing has really happened so far, but hopefully it doesn't turn into a mess.

Look man, stop coming onto the forum just to mo...

oh, ****, Lupus actually enjoying some things? :p

Level E I think is the show that has been the most consistently praised in places that I've read (obviously lots of people liking Madoka, too, but you kind of expect that people will be prepared to talk positively about shows like that at first, whatever really happens). The tone of the humor is just perfect at times, Prince with his total deadpan delivery (Namikawa Daisuke can be a bit hit-and-miss, for me, as you might expect of someone with such a range of roles, but I think he's great here), and random trollface attitude towards Yukitaka.

Genkina Hito said:
Kino's no Tabi eps. 1-8. Sheer brilliance. Or maybe I'm getting sentimental in my old age.
Don't worry about your initial judgement, it's good enough that all the cool kids had it in their top 10 of the decade.

just watched eps 1 and 2 of Eden of the East thought it was about time i started it =3 will try to watch some more around my crappy shifts this week

Watched King of Thorn earlier, totally different from what I expected it to be from the trailer, thinking about it more and more I actually did enjoy it, but it's totally different from the manga apparently still a decent watch although confusing at times.

Dragon Crisis episode 3 - Wow that was quite a way to end the series, it felt like the episodes just flew by, definitely one of my favourite anime of all time. /SarcasmOver9000

Serious Reevo: Honestly it really felt like a final episode and it pretty much insulted my intelligence.

Everything happened fast with no explaination, the main characters (Rose and Ryuuji) are thick as hell and the weapon is not a sword its a knoife.

Took the series seriously and this is what I got, unless some disagrees with me?

I don't find much time to watch stuff at the moment(hence my silence) I have made a start into The World God Only Knows. Now, i went into this completely blind. Despite the discussions going on here and there about it, i was still oblivious to what actually was covered and...the concept is interesting. It's been quite nice so far from the first 5 episodes i've seen, and at first, after the second arc, i thought it might be too samey, but the start of the new character arc looks to spice things up a bit, so i look forward to how it does it.

Back