Your viewing journal

Tiger and Bunny: The Beginning

LOVED IT! My older brother, who was a total T&B virgin, loved it (and in particular Fire Emblem and Doc Saito. I remember hearing him laughing his head off when Fire Emblem randomly grabbed Rock Bison's butt). His fiancé said it wasn't her cup of tea, but for what it was it was good (fair enough), also, she was disturbed by the cosplayers xD (whoever that Dragon Kid cosplayer was, if you're reading this, high five!).

I really liked the new scenes - especially as they gave us more insight into some character's powers that weren't really explained in the series (like Rock Bison and Sky High).

Also, the preview for "Tiger and Bunny: The Rising"....I WANT TO SEE THAT MOVIE!

Hey, it actually was one of our friends. Also, there were so many Barnabies.....

After the film we headed on a big group to Wagamama, it was indeed a nice movie, but I was slightly disappointed for the lack of "new material" in it. It felt like a really long episode, and the villain for the end was quite lame. having if finishing at the Nex kid would have been quite more rewarding, I think.

chaos said:
Hey, it actually was one of our friends. Also, there were so many Barnabies.....
I was so glad to see there was another Dragon Kid fan!

The sentence before my comment in my post didn't really make that sentence sound right (note: do not write at midnight xD)...I meant it as a compliment though. Great cosplay and of my favourite character too. Don't worry, it was the influx of Barnaby cosplayers and especially the giant pink bunny plushes that bothered Natasha, not Dragon Kid.

Yeah, too many Barnaby cosplayers...too many xD

I admit the new villain was a lame (in fact, I'm writing a review of it for the other thread and I mentioned it as a bad point). Did he ever even say more than one sentence at a time? I felt the newer scenes added a nice pace to the recap though, even the little things like Kotetsu changing in his car and the little scenes each hero got really managed to flesh them out in such a short amount of time.

Yeah, I know what you mean :)

I hope I didn't annoy you guys (I was the one talking loudly to the lady that was sitting on another row....) Of course I realised one should not be doing this only after I actually did it :p I actually felt like I knew half the people at the cinema, it's funny how you always have the same familiar faces showing up for events like this...

chaos said:
Yeah, I know what you mean :)

I hope I didn't annoy you guys (I was the one talking loudly to the lady that was sitting on another row....) Of course I realised one should not be doing this only after I actually did it :p I actually felt like I knew half the people at the cinema, it's funny how you always have the same familiar faces showing up for events like this...
I didn't notice anyone being remotely irritating at all, except one person who whispered that Maverick killed Barnaby's parents. Real smooth for those who didn't know xD.

This was my first anime event outside of Pokémon (never been to a Con or SLA either), so it was all new faces to me, except one friend who came up from Cambridge as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having a meeting this week to discuss Camcon. You should come along and say hi. Am I wrong to think that you were on the meetups thread? Perhaps we should have said hi at the BFI.... Anyway, glad you enjoyed the film.

chaos said:
I'm having a meeting this week to discuss Camcon. You should come along and say hi. Am I wrong to think that you were on the meetups thread? Perhaps we should have said hi at the BFI.... Anyway, glad you enjoyed the film.
Meetups thread? I'm not sure if I'm perfectly honest xD. I did approach one of the Camcon organisers via Facebook to ask about the possibility of hosting a Pokémon game tournament as a side event though, which I never heard back from (a friend of mine has been running unofficial tournaments at Gamerbase in London and Manchester, with Nintendo's support with prizes and he's looking into expanding into conventions if he can).

One Piece Ep.206-208

Yay, the dub done Foxy's laugh right, and I think the sleazy foreigner voice might suit him.

Tari Tari Ep.13

A nice, touching finale.

Tiger & Bunny Ep.1

Finally getting around to watching this and I have to say I'm sorry I didn't watch it first time round, it's loads of fun.

Tiger and Bunny: The Beginning. Had a lot of fun seeing this at the cinema. Glad I did.
Tactics Episodes 1-25 - Fun monster of the week series. I like stuff set in the late Meiji/Taisho eras so I enjoyed that aspect especially. Not something I'll be rushing to rewatch, but still fairly enjoyable.
Shugo Chara Doki Episodes 10-20 - Brain candyfloss. 'Nuff said.
Tari Tari Episode 13 - Didn't enjoy it quite as much as Hanasaku Iroha, but still a cute little show.

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai: Episodes 2 -5.

So ends the anime exclusive arc - Stuff we should have put in season one but didn't-hen.

I find something very comforting about this series...

That is to say as comforting as something that features despair, suffering and murder can be :p

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 49 [Final]

And so AGE limps over the finish line. As a whole it had some good ideas but it was poorly executed.

Space Brothers - Episode 25

Eureka Seven AO - Episode 21

Strike Witches 2 1-4
The OP and EDs sounded almost like chipmunk versions...I guess it's a side effect of PAL speed up? I'm usually not one to bother about things like that, but boy this was noticeable.

Ep 4 was definitely my favourite in this batch. If not only because of Barkhorn, but Hartmann's one liners. This one in particular had me laughing all the way through the OP:
Barkhorn: How do you call yourself a Karlsland soldier?
Hartmann: With my words?

Back