Your viewing journal

Zone of the Enders: Dolores, i - Episode 18

ayase said:
teonzo said:
ridley said:
I've gotten many false starts on Gundam, but i'm going to start watching Gundam Zeta soon.
If you like tragedy then you'll love it!
Not that I didn't like Zeta - I did, but it just went on for about fifteen episodes more than it needed to.

I adore Zeta Gundam, one of my all time favorite shows and Tomino at his best plus it it has one of the best collections of mecha designs in any series.

Tiger & Bunny 1-2
I'm loving the dub, but one thing does irk me - the pronunciation of Kaede. Surely it's Kai-day? The dub pronounces it as Kai-ay-day (except one instance on episode 2 when Kotetsu does pronounce it Kai-day).

Edit: 3-7

They replaced Agnes' "Bonjour Heroes" with "Hello Heroes"...really?

Still one of the best dubs of recent years though - especially the casting.

Joshawott said:
Tiger & Bunny 1-2...

Still one of the best dubs of recent years though - especially the casting.
I very much agree with this. I watched the first two episodes yesterday with a friend and we both said the same thing.
I haven't seen the series before so I can't compare it to the Japanese track but the Eng dub is very good so far.

The English cast is very much like the Japanese - particularly Fire Emblem's (which I was worried about). They captured the voices and tones of the characters perfectly.

Joshawott said:
The English cast is very much like the Japanese - particularly Fire Emblem's (which I was worried about). They captured the voices and tones of the characters perfectly.

I am very impressed with the English dub as well. Sounds like to me the VA's are having fun with it. Even the narrator is almost spot on.

Watched 5 episodes so far and it reminds me how awesome a character Wild Tiger is

Tiger and Bunny episode 1. Overlaps a lot with the first movie, but nonetheless I love the series already. Such a breath of fresh air. My only problem now is how to ration 6 more episodes to last me till April 22nd!

Over the last week or two

Origin: Spirits of the Past
Eden of the East 1-3
Chobits 9 - 13
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Paprika
Metropolis
Perfect blue
Millenium Actress
Whisper of the Heart
Only Yesterday
Love Hina 17 - 24
Love Hina Christmas Special
Ouran High School Host Club 1 - 8
Spirited Away
Ah! My Goddess 1 - 5

Trying to get back into the habit of spending a few hours a day watching something, obviously more on weekends.

Back