Your viewing journal

Gundam Seed-Episode 3

Okay. Now it's clicked for me. I've really started warming up to this now. This was the episodes where all the pieces fit together and I think I have the gist of what is happening and why. After watching this episode a sudden realisation occurred to me. This is remarkably similar to Aldnoah Zero or should I say Aldnoah Zero is similar to this. 2 races, both of whom look like humans, at war with each other as one race is genetically superior. One is attacking from Space whilst one is defending the Earth. The 2 main characters are on different sides of the conflict. One of the main characters is from the enemy race but fights for their side. There are mechs. I mean I already like Seed better as Kira has already shown more personality in the three episodes I've seen than Inaho showed in the entirety of Aldnoah Zero and there isn't an abundance of CG but the similarities are striking. If anything it's lowered my opinion of AZ even more.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Gundam Seed-Episode 3

Okay. Now it's clicked for me. I've really started warming up to this now. This was the episodes where all the pieces fit together and I think I have the gist of what is happening and why. After watching this episode a sudden realisation occurred to me. This is remarkably similar to Aldnoah Zero or should I say Aldnoah Zero is similar to this. 2 races, both of whom look like humans, at war with each other as one race is genetically superior. One is attacking from Space whilst one is defending the Earth. The 2 main characters are on different sides of the conflict. One of the main characters is from the enemy race but fights for their side. There are mechs. I mean I already like Seed better as Kira has already shown more personality in the three episodes I've seen than Inaho showed in the entirety of Aldnoah Zero and there isn't an abundance of CG but the similarities are striking. If anything it's lowered my opinion of AZ even more.

If you don't mind me asking where did you pick up gundam seed from?.ive really wanted to check it out but I can't seem to find a copy.(Also I don't know why but I always feel so guilty for liking AZ :p )

Gate - Episode 1
I'm with the Gate crowd. I didn't know what it was about going in, I was really only watching because I was bored, but I'm glad I did. It's really fun, doesn't take itself too seriously, looks really good and looks like it could be a surprise hit. (Well, probably only a surprise to me.) It wasn't perfect though, the pacing seemed a bit erratic and characterisation was basically non-existent, but I think that's because they were racing to get the set up over and down with, and it looks like it will sort itself out in future weeks.

Type45 said:
If you don't mind me asking where did you pick up gundam seed from?.ive really wanted to check it out but I can't seem to find a copy.(Also I don't know why but I always feel so guilty for liking AZ :p )
You can stream it on the official GundamInfo YouTube channel. And AZ was fun, sure it wasn't amazing, but it doesn't completely deserve all the hate it got.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCejtUi ... e-v5NuDSLw

Type45 said:
You can stream it on the official GundamInfo YouTube channel. And AZ was fun, sure it wasn't amazing, but it doesn't completely deserve all the hate it got.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCejtUi ... e-v5NuDSLw[/quote]

Cheers,Much appreciated.

Classroom Crisis - ep 1

Feels like it could develop into something really interesting, although the opening ep felt bogged down by way too much exposition. It really kicked into gear in the second half though with the rescue sequence. I love what this show's doing with its world-building though, digging into some really interesting hard sci-fi themes about the colonisation of space.

My Wife Is The Student Council President - ep 1

AKA 'anime tiddies' - the show. Kind of does what it says on the tin, 7 minutes of vaguely amusing fanservice with some attempt at plot to pad it out - and then, bam - out of nowhere - actual nipple-sucking! guess that explains the need for the censored/uncensored version.

Wakaba Girl - ep 1

Another 7 minute show - fairly average slice of life cuteness, with some pretty funny gags in it. I love that there's actually a character called Moe-chan in this.

Type45 said:

You can get all 50 episodes for about £18 from Amazon France

http://www.amazon.fr/Gundam-Seed-Int%C3 ... undam+seed

The discs are identical to the now out of print UK release so include English audio and subtitles. The only difference is the box is in French.

Also, I didn't hate Aldnoah Zero. I just thought it was quite mediocre. I deffinitely had it's moments, I really liked all the Mech fights and it had some really good animation and a great soundtrack. I just thought it was let down by it's practically none existent characters. The only interesting characters were Slaine and Marito and Marito was barely even in Season 2...

Anyway, on topic:

Is The Order a Rabbit?-Episode 2

I really like this show but I can't help but feel it's missing something. Like I love Kiniro Mosaic and Non Non Byori and this does similar things to those, it's funny, it's well animated, a fairly diverse cast in terms of personality but it just doesn't feel as good. I just can't put my finger on it.

Gundam Seed-Episodes 4-10

Episodes 4 and 5: Some excellent action in these episodes. This show does a great job of maintaining a good pace, even when there isn't a lot really happening.

Episode 8: Flay is such a bitch.

Episode 9: I really hope Lacus stops singing soon. Please.

Episode 10: It's been a while since I could conjure up so much animosity towards a character since Flay. Also, I have no idea what noise this was supposed to be, but it certainly wasn't crying.

Charlotte-Episode 1

I didn't plan on picking this up but then Lutga said it was good so I thought why not. I quite enjoyed the first episode. It seems like a really fun show with a lot of potential. I really love the idea of imperfect super powers. I also thought the show really looked nice too. Looking forward to more.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Type45 said:

You can get all 50 episodes for about £18 from Amazon France

http://www.amazon.fr/Gundam-Seed-Int%C3 ... undam+seed

The discs are identical to the now out of print UK release so include English audio and subtitles. The only difference is the box is in French.

Also, I didn't hate Aldnoah Zero. I just thought it was quite mediocre. I deffinitely had it's moments, I really liked all the Mech fights and it had some really good animation and a great soundtrack. I just thought it was let down by it's practically none existent characters. The only interesting characters were Slaine and Marito and Marito was barely even in Season 2...

Thank you I've just bought them.....I Think,as for Aldnoah Zero I completely agree.The characters were a letdown.I felt That season 1 was great but season 2 was such a letdown I suppose the best way to put it was it is that it's the next guilty crown.
Also watched Knights of sidonia season 2 episodes 1-5 absoulutly loving it so far

Classroom Crisis - Ep. 1

There's nothing overtly wrong with it, but to me it felt flat and dull. It's missing something, but I can't explain what. I guess it just feels like it would have been much improved if it some spark and vigour behind it. Also everybody in the show, except the homeroom teacher and the principal, is basically an ungrateful toad, and yet you're supposed to sympathise with all of them.

And, maybe I'm missing something, but I think people are assigning the show a cerebral quality that for the most part simply isn't there.

I could quite see it becoming many people's show of the season and doing really well, and I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone that likes it, but it's just not for me.

Kill la Kill - Episodes 7 & 8

Bit of a mixed bag. Some nice ideas being bandied around, but the execution has been lackluster. Episode 7, in particular, could have been a blinder, but once again character and thematic development is thrown to the wayside, in favour of nice visuals - and they are really nice, for the most part - and rapid pacing.

With the way the narrative is evolving so far, I haven't a clue where the story is going to go next, so that's a plus!

Charlotte - ep 1

For starters, this feels pretty different from Jun Maeda's other work. It's definitely no Clannad, that's for sure. I don't think the second half of the ep quite matched the highs of the first half, but this is definitely shaping up to be a really interesting show - and obviously it looks stunning, seeing as it's PA Works.

Best thing of all though, the main character is basically Lelouch from Code Geass. Similar eye power, similar smirk, he even looks the same. It's hilarious.

CJFzjYBUYAAHDiI.png

Back