Your viewing journal

Non Non Biyori S1
Episode 6
No controversy so far.

Nanbaka
Episode 1
Silly. She's only been in it for a second but I can tell that the Warden will be my favourite.

Jujutsu Kaisen S1
Episodes 5+6

I'll now check The Eminence in Shadow Blu-ray works okay. Easy rewatch.
Edit. Just watched the first 3 episodes again. 😀.So much fun.

Last edited:
A Returner's Magic Should Be Special Episode 6

Berserk of Gluttony Episode 7

I Shall Survive Using Potions! Episode 6

Overtake! Episode 7

Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 31

Tearmoon Empire Episode 6

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, REALLY Love You Episode 6

The Family Circumstances of the Irregular Witch Episode 8

The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess Episode 6

Dark Gathering episode 19 Deception.

MF Ghost episode 7 Sideline talk.

One Piece episode 1083 Setting off.

Overtake! episode 7 Words for no one?

Shangri-La Frontier episode 7 Coliseum.

THE IDOLM@STER Million Live! episode 6 A place to stay.

Hyper Police episodes 14-25 (Complete. I don’t use the term “hidden gem” very often but this is an anime that fits the descriptor nicely.) 4/5

Hyouge Mono
episodes 1-7

AMAIM: Warrior at the Borderline - UltraSteel Ogre-gear - Episodes 1 - 6 [Final]

Gundam Build Metaverse - Episode 1 - 3 [Final]

A couple of recent Masami Obari directed extended toy commercials. AMAIM was effectively just an extended episode side story (each of the 6 episodes only had about 8 minutes of actually story animation in them), which was fine and I quite enjoyed it, although it wasn't very 'Obari-eqsue'. Metaverse on the other hand had lots of Obari visual ques in it, but I am kinda over the whole Build universe now.

In this Corner (and Other Corners) of the World

The best anime film of the last 10 years (imho at least) got even better with the additional scenes cut back in. The inclusion and expansion of Rin's story add additional depth to Suzu's and helps to explain other lines from other characters.

Detonator Orgun - Episodes 1 - 3 [Final]

My annual re-watch of this masterpiece (in my eyes anyway), looks cool, has a great story and action and a fantastic soundtrack.

Golden Warrior Gold Lightan - Episodes 11 & 12

Shy (English Dub) Episode 5

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, REALLY Love You (English Dub) Episode 3

A Playthrough of a Certain Dude's VRMMO Life Episode 7 Lingering soul.

I'm In Love with the Villainess Episode 7 Service with a smile.

Shy Episode 7 Impersonate.

Hula Fulla Dance (Japanese) - Movie (Complete)

I've seen anime about ballroom dancing, anime about ballet and now anime about hula dancing. This was a nice movie about a new group of hula dancers becoming the best they can be and learning to work together through all the ups and downs of what it takes to be a professional hula dancer. "Aloha!"

Non-Anime

The Marvels
- Movie (Complete)

This was a really fun movie, thoroughly enjoyed it. This has been my favourite appearance of Captain Marvel herself so far for sure and Ms. Marvel and her family are just as much joy to watch as they were in her own show. Was nice to see Monica Rambeau again as well as I liked her character in WandaVision. All three actresses and their respective characters work together well in their team "The Marvels" and I liked their action scenes together with all the swapping places as they fight. The antagonist of this movie, Dar-Benn, was unfortunately the weakest character from this movie, quite the generic Marvel villain but she was inoffensive and I enjoyed the movie enough that it didn't ruin it for me or anything. Nick Fury's character though, I gotta say was quite the tonal shift compared to where we left off with him in Secret Invasion. He was much more lighthearted which did fit the tone of the film and I didn't dislike either but was definitely something of note. From my understanding though I think this movie was supposed to originally release prior to Secret Invasion which could explain this. From what I've seen online I personally feel this movie is getting way to much hate but I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea at the same time and if you're looking for a more serious entry, this is far from it but I had a great time so I'm happy with the film, look forward to a re-watch down the line.

I've watched a couple more eps of Blue Eyes Samurai. I'm not so certain whether I'm liking it as much as I did after the first episode. I mean, it's not bad, it's entertaining enough. But it might be a bit uninspired at a core level. A bit generic as far as these things go. Will still happily watch some more though.

Hakumei and Mikochi episodes 1-12: either humans have all shrunk to the size of hamsters or this is just a land where humans are naturally that size. The story follows two young ladies who live in a house in the base of a tree near a village which caters to little people and the animals of the wood. Hakumei is a builder and very boisterous with a love of fishing while Mikochi is more creative, with cooking and dressmaking. There is no indication they are in a relationship. All very cute and relaxing stories of their life in the wood. The end credits (where I usually turn my brain off) contain background detail in pictures and words of the stories told in that episode. I think I've had to replay the end credits four times after forgetting to pay attention.

There's no indication that us big folk exist at any point. It's a lovely peaceful world although I may have to try the subbed version next.

Le Chevalier D'Eon episodes 1-6: fictional story involving the French court of Louis XV (about 20 years before the French revolution), with added witchcraft and zombies (and a talking skull!). I swear the US dub started out with pretend French accents but they seem to have stopped that silliness. I'm enjoying it so far.

To Loveru Darkness 2 episodes 1-6: there were some actual moments when a story peeped through the fan service, but I think they have given up on that again. All still very predictable. Someone falls over and ends up in a compromising position. Lots of boobs and bums and brother/sister nakedness. Very appealing if you're a 15 year old boy (if I remember that far back correctly).

Bullbuster episode 7 As the sun sets.

Heaven’s Official Blessing Season 2 episode 5 Cunning.

The Eminence in Shadow Season 2 episode 27 Business.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 3 episode 7 Chasing.

Hyouge Mono episodes 37-39 (Complete. An engaging historical drama.) 4/5

ID:INVADED (Rewatch)
episodes 1-9

Blue Giant

The story, about a young small-town saxophonist hellbent on becoming the greatest jazz musician who ever lived, may feel a little familiar, but this is a powerful film that does a tremendous job of evoking what it is put every fibre of your being into creating music. Yes the CG is a bit sus, just go with it, you’ll live.

Nichijou: My Ordinary Life ep1-4

I’ve been thinking about going through Nichijou properly for a while now. Unfortunately, thanks to the internet, every time the OP comes on, I can’t unsee the old meme version with Snoop Dogg…. The show is still great fun though.

Bullbuster ep1

I’d give it about five minutes until I accidentally misspeak the title into something rude, but yeah, this was okay. There is a slight sense of it having borrowed all its best ideas from other mecha shows (particularly Patlabor), but it has kind of a look to it and the setup, with an under-funded private company hunting giant thingamajigs in an isolated ghost town, is fairly novel. The design for the older mech was probably the most interesting thing about it, being both powered by an internal combustion engine (hello Xabungle) and looking not unlike the power loader from Aliens.

Back