Your viewing journal

Well heck, D1tchd1gger, I can't really give you a like for saying that, there's just not enough love there, lol. Just be aware - similar to Frieren, Apothecary Diaries released the first 3 episodes in one go at the beginning of the season, although it didn't air until 21 October.

I started both Sonny Boy and a rewatch of Xam’d: Lost Memories last night.

I’ve also been keeping up with new episodes of Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End, Goblin Slayer II, and Jujutsu Kaisen: Shibuya Incident Arc each week. It’s been ages since I’ve kept up with seasonal anime and I’ve been eating good this season.

Yeah, normally I'm not a fan of chibi in anime, but they are using it to very good effect here in this series - similar to how the chibi was used in Season 1 of Ancient Magus' Bride, where I also didn't mind having it included.
Both shows are directed by Norihiro Naganuma so perhaps there's something about the way he handles that kind of thing that just works for you.

Last edited:
Shy (English Dub) Episode 6

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 18

Temple: No One Can Live on Loneliness Episode 13 (Special 1)

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Season 2 Episode 20

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! (Rewatch) Episode 1-9

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Season 2 episode 20 To the swamp.

Infinite Ryvius episodes 24-26 (Complete. IR is a series that had its ups and downs for me, mainly because I didn’t gel that well with the cast of characters, which affected the overall narrative for me.) 2.5/5

Inu X Boku Secret Service
episodes 1-12 (Complete. This was a fun watch that’s been in the backlog for a while.) 3/5

Bullbuster episode 8 Distrust.

The Eminence in Shadow Season 2 episode 28 Avoidance.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 3 episode 8 A bubbling feeling.

Iria Zieram The Animation (Rewatch) episodes 1-6 (Complete. A solid sci-fi to rewatch, and the Discotek release looked very nice.) 3.5/5

JINSEI -Life Consulting-
episodes 1-3

Priceless (English subbed) - Fun French rom-com with Audrey Tautou from Amelie in it, has a tinge of darkness to it that elevates the material as well :)

Inu-Oh (English subbed) - Beautiful, with a sadder ending than I was perhaps expecting (hoping) for. Loved the homage to Queen (as in the rock band) XP

Rise of the Guardians (Rewatch) - I feel like this movie is kind of underrated, I consider it one of Dreamworks' best animated film, and it was a delight to revisit it, the animation is beautiful and I enjoyed watching the Holiday Avengers defeat the dark ages ;)

Disenchantment Season 3 - Not as funny as The Simpsons or Futurama at their best but the characters and plot are thoroughly engaging, so I feel like it's an even trade :)

The Devil is a Part-Timer! Season 1 (English dubbed) - I enjoyed this far more than I was expecting to, having put it off for years even though it's been very cheap to buy here for a v long time, it's a clever reverse isekai premise and it did make me laugh, liked the characters as well :)

Coppelion
Episode 3

Overlord IV
Episodes 1+2
Thought I'd get the early episodes watch in the hope the intrigue and fighting starts.
The scene with the elf kids sitting on Ainz's knees was weird. Seemed to like it too much. Can't complain if the BBFC liked it, though.

Overlord IV
Episodes 3-8
Best when it got to the Dwarf Kingdom.
I was going to make this last but it's fun and Beast Tamer (hoping) and Classroom of the Elite 2 (loved the 1st) should be released 4/12.

Birdie Wing
Episodes 20+21
Excitement has dropped a bit.

The Eminence in Shadow 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 28

Dr. STONE: New World Part 2 Episode 18

I'm Giving the Disgraced Noble Lady I Rescued a Crash Course in Naughtiness Episode 8

My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an S-Rank Adventurer Episode 9

The Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 Part 2 Episode 44

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! (Rewatch) Episode 10-12 (Complete)

Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 episode 18 Build on the past.

Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season episode 42 On and on.

Rurouni Kenshin (2023) episode 21 Smaller hopes.

The Ancient Magus’ Bride Season 2 episode 44 Entanglement.

JINSEI -Life Consulting- episodes 4-13 (Complete. This was rather dull at times and had more fanservice moments than I was expecting. Some episodes were better than others.) 3/5

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood (Rewatch)
episodes 1-2

Hells (English dubbed) - I get what people mean about the points where you would think it was ending then it didn't but I still really enjoyed this and found it's spiritual philosophy interesting, it also had a great dub, and kind of reminded me of things like Kill la Kill :)

Something's Gotta Give - Actually surprisingly way better than I was expecting, I was so touched by the tender moments (and also this is the most adorable Keanu Reeves has ever been!) Another solid recommendation from my bestie 🥰

Hells (English dubbed) - I get what people mean about the points where you would think it was ending then it didn't but I still really enjoyed this and found it's spiritual philosophy interesting, it also had a great dub, and kind of reminded me of things like Kill la Kill :)

Something's Gotta Give - Actually surprisingly way better than I was expecting, I was so touched by the tender moments (and also this is the most adorable Keanu Reeves has ever been!) Another solid recommendation from my bestie 🥰
I'm a big Keanu Reeves fan. Obviously for Street Kings, John Wick etc.
However I did really like Hardball. It might be worth looking up.

Back