YouTube remove 30,000 Japanese media clips, includes anime

Give it a while and someone else will make a new uploading site full of pirated content, although google are looking mighty scary and would most likely buy anyone out before they had the chance to make things big.

It'll only hurt them in the long-run. The only reason Anime is slowly becomming more and more popular is because people can see it for free on the internet through YouTube, Fansubs, ect, before they spend their cash.

They may say that people watching these infringes on their profits - but if they drown it right out of the public eye, they'll have no profits to speak of at all.

If I hadn't seen Love Hina and Hellsing on Winamp 3 years ago I probably wouldn't have started watching anime until a long time later. Maybe not at all.

Rukario said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
I hope they don't get rid of Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged...
Same, hurry up and get the 13th episode out faster. >_>

EDIT: LMAO, it's out. <3

Conan-san said:
As long as it doesn't actively prevent me from watching Yugioh the abridged series I don't care.

ATTENTION DUELISTS

lol, random slightly off topic but the same group who does the yu gi oh one (wel at least i think so) has started a Naruto version. the First episode is out and is kinda funny. but the yu gi oh one still ownes.

Being almost total new to anime a few months back YouTube was a great way to find out what on earth was out there and decide which series I would seek the dvds out for.

Won't be too bothered if it all dissappears as I think i'm happy to rent a disc for a new series on a trail basis, and besides which I stare at my computer screens for too many hours in the day as it is so I'm glad to get away and watch some dvds 'properly'.

I agree that it would be good idea for them to at least have couple of episodes of a series on something easily accessible like youtube for their own self advertising - its only akin to having official music videos which are freely available on youtube, myspace, band websites etc.

Jimi-Jam said:
Being almost total new to anime a few months back YouTube was a great way to find out what on earth was out there and decide which series I would seek the dvds out for.

Won't be too bothered if it all dissappears as I think i'm happy to rent a disc for a new series on a trail basis, and besides which I stare at my computer screens for too many hours in the day as it is so I'm glad to get away and watch some dvds 'properly'.

I agree that it would be good idea for them to at least have couple of episodes of a series on something easily accessible like youtube for their own self advertising - its only akin to having official music videos which are freely available on youtube, myspace, band websites etc.

Simmilarly, if I haden't stumbled into a school Anime Club watching fansubs a while back, I would have never even thought to look in the "cartoon" section of HMV.

I can't help but be annoyed by this, i thought i was noticing this happening to more and more of the videos i've searched for. I don't often watch whole episodes of anime on You Tube, but i do like to view the opening and ending songs to series i'm interested in to see if i can get an idea of the series, and it looks like thats going to be less and less possible. At least my favourite AMVs seem to still all be there at the moment

Only a matter of time before it becomes a pay to download service with legal content. You won't get the subs, but someone might come up with a system that applies them soonish.

US Amazon is already doing legal movie downloads.

I think it's a shame so many music videos (I mean actual music videos, not AMVs) were taken down, especially seeing as they're really just promotional material for the single/band in question.

But oh well!

NOOOO

:cry: THEY CANT TAKE ALL THE ANIME AWAY, THAT JUST SOOO WRONG. its really expensive to buy the dvd's especially when they are £20 each and you only get a few episodes. i wouldnt mind paying a download fee, only if it wasnt over the top stupid price's.
but they can't get rid of all the anime that would be just stupid. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Back