Yuri License Announcements

Claire

Student Council President
So I saw there was already a thread like this for yaoi/BL stuff and as I've just been posting license announcements kinda sporadically to the yuri thread in the anime section, I thought it behooved me as one of the forums resident massive lesbians™ to start sticking these in an actual structured thread so they're easy to find. I'll start by posting the two most recent I am aware of, then I'll try to keep it updated as and when I see new ones appearing on the social medias. Feel free to pitch in if I miss anything.

Edit: just a quick note. The content of this thread should really be limited to series that are "newly announced" in order to keep the thread uncluttered and on topic so it can be a useful resource. Discussions of things like newly released volumes in already licensed series, delays etc would fit better in the yuri thread in the "anime chit-chat" section of the forums.
Fw6kcfwXgAs5fn9.jpeg
FxJJ6dGWAAAyh8A.jpeg

Last edited:
Whisper Me a Love Song vol 7 was originally scheduled for this week, but it's been delayed until 26th Dec.
Ah I didn't know that, that is a huge delay. I kind of want this thread to be just for announcements of new series or the relicensing of out of print series though, like the BL equivalant thread in the same section. It's probably going to be updated fairly infrequently since yuri is slightly more niche than BL.

Last edited:
Kodansha USA licenses 'I Can't Say No to the Lonely Girl'.
20230702_055527.jpg
This one is so damn good! It was only a matter of time before someone licensed it and I am super happy to see it.

Last edited:
OMG what a romantic premise! 🥰
I think you'll enjoy your time with it it has some of the most heartfelt moments I have ever seen in a manga. Unfortunately it was very abruptly cancelled last month and given one chapter to finish. As someone who is following it, it can't end well in one chapter from where it is. It needed I'd say two more volumes to spread itself out.

So, worth a read for some standout moments, but definitely be aware that it will end VERY suddenly and unsatisfyingly at the end of volume 3. The most we can hope for is that the mangaka will cobble something together in the bonus chapter.

I think you'll enjoy your time with it it has some of the most heartfelt moments I have ever seen in a manga. Unfortunately it was very abruptly cancelled last month and given one chapter to finish. As someone who is following it, it can't end well in one chapter from where it is. It needed I'd say two more volumes to spread itself out.

So, worth a read for some standout moments, but definitely be aware that it will end VERY suddenly and unsatisfyingly at the end of volume 3. The most we can hope for is that the mangaka will cobble something together in the bonus chapter.

Thankyou so much for providing your perspective, it's always interesting to hear what you think of things - I might still read it given it's short, atm I'm still trying to work through the manga already in my physical backlog so I'll prob end up reading this but in like 2025 😅 It does sound lovely :)

I guess not an announcement as such, but I searched in the new release section on Bookwalker for yuri books and found I Don't Know Which Is Love about a girl who gets rejected at the end of high school and vows to get a girlfriend at college. Once there she gets hit on by a load of girls...
Screenshot_20230718-233133.png
So a yuri harem, which I haven't come across before. Checking on MAL it has a decent score and the author has another series coming soon, Cheerful Amnesia, which is already finished with 6 volumes, but is starting later! Both by Yen Press, so I assume they will be physical releases too:
Screenshot_20230718-225251.png

I guess not an announcement as such, but I searched in the new release section on Bookwalker for yuri books and found I Don't Know Which Is Love about a girl who gets rejected at the end of high school and vows to get a girlfriend at college. Once there she gets hit on by a load of girls...
Yeah that one was licensed ages ago.

Looks beautiful and like it's gonna be in hardcover as well! I will try to pick this one up! :)
As they're a very new independent publisher, I believe you have to preorder from one of two sites. You can preorder direct from https://monogatari-novels.com/ or from Yiggybean Books + Gifts although they aren't up just yet. I believe there will be both standard and special editions with merch too. As Yiggybean is US-based and Monogatari themselves appear to be in Spain, it may pay to compare shipping to see which offers a better import deal.

And finally, according to Monogatari Novels this is the first of several baihe announcements in the coming weeks so expect more Chinese GL to appear on this thread fairly soon.

As they're a very new independent publisher, I believe you have to preorder from one of two sites. You can preorder direct from https://monogatari-novels.com/ or from Yiggybean Books + Gifts although they aren't up just yet. I believe there will be both standard and special editions with merch too. As Yiggybean is US-based and Monogatari themselves appear to be in Spain, it may pay to compare shipping to see which offers a better import deal.

And finally, according to Monogatari Novels this is the first of several baihe announcements in the coming weeks so expect more Chinese GL to appear on this thread fairly soon.

Thankyou for the info, I'll try to keep an eye out for when it's actually up for pre-order :)

Seven Seas have just licensed 'My Girlfriend's Not Here Today'.
F6fgmAMaQAEW6l9.jpeg

I am almost in shock about this one. I can't believe they actually went and did it. Toxic yuri get it in me! 😍

Last edited:
Back