Yuri License Announcements

Seven Seas have licensed 'Chasing Spica'.
F8vk1HUbcAE_pb9.jpeg

I have absolutely no prior exposure to this one other than knowing its name. It seems like it has the potential to be the kinda toxic I enjoy though.

The first one sounds amazing and I love that they both have protagonists called Hinako XD
First one is apparently a bit subtexty. Although I have not read it, I have heard it mentioned in passing as being yuri a couple of times. Anilist has it with a yuri tag of 60% so I am fairly confident putting it here. It looks interesting so I'll be keeping an eye out.

The second one, 'A Monster Wants to Eat Me' is incredible horror yuri that also has a very realistic depiction of depression. 100% worth your time, I'll be preordering that one.

First one is apparently a bit subtexty. Although I have not read it, I have heard it mentioned in passing as being yuri a couple of times. Anilist has it with a yuri tag of 60% so I am fairly confident putting it here. It looks interesting so I'll be keeping an eye out.

The second one, 'A Monster Wants to Eat Me' is incredible horror yuri that also has a very realistic depiction of depression. 100% worth your time, I'll be preordering that one.

I'll keep a lookout for both series :)

Two highly regarded new baihe (Chinese yuri) licenses from Monogatari Novels. Both of these are novel announcements, not manhua. I believe these are the first baihe novels to be licensed in English as well. :)
GEOqx26XUAA0KTN.jpeg
GEOq4DBWAAAI2qD.jpeg

As nice as it is to see Monogatari licensing more stuff, I really want them to put ANYTHING out in print before they barrel on ahead with more licenses. It's becoming the same problem as Tentai books where they're a small startup that you can't trust to actually release anything, particularly not helped by all the controversy surrounding Monogatari

As nice as it is to see Monogatari licensing more stuff, I really want them to put ANYTHING out in print before they barrel on ahead with more licenses. It's becoming the same problem as Tentai books where they're a small startup that you can't trust to actually release anything, particularly not helped by all the controversy surrounding Monogatari
It's worth mentioning that Monogatari have now released things, but only in Spanish. The first of the English releases is early this year.

Shame I cant get into reading novels as I would have enjoyed some Chinese Yuri Goodness. Any recommendations for Manhua welcome

I also saw Monogatari and Yuri... Instantly thought ALC Publishing was releasing Yuri Novels now 😹

It's worth mentioning that Monogatari have now released things, but only in Spanish. The first of the English releases is early this year.
Yeah I know there’s stuff out in Spanish, but given the English stuff got delayed out of December I’m just wary of it. Also because for the Chinese series specifically they are reusing fan translations (with those translators involved) and fixing those up as opposed to a new commission. Which I am fine with if done well, but I am hearing people say that weren’t up to par. So until something comes out it’s just hard to get excited about.

Yeah I know there’s stuff out in Spanish, but given the English stuff got delayed out of December I’m just wary of it. Also because for the Chinese series specifically they are reusing fan translations (with those translators involved) and fixing those up as opposed to a new commission. Which I am fine with if done well, but I am hearing people say that weren’t up to par. So until something comes out it’s just hard to get excited about.
Did it? Soulmate still has an April/May release date on the site.

Did it? Soulmate still has an April/May release date on the site.

It was A Weaver Spins a Tale of Blind Love that was supposed to be out in print and on eBook stores in December (now April), which is one of their Japanese novels. Sorry I realise I may have caused confusion there since we were talking about the Chinese novels primarily.

Viz Media have licensed 'Hana ni Arashi' under the English title 'Rainbows After Storms'. Cannot believe it took that long for this to get licensed, and I am slightly baffled it ended up being a Viz one.
44k.JPG

Viz is a subsidiary of Shogakukan who own and run the platform the series ran on, so it’s not particularly surprising to me that they’d have access to licensing it, but they do license out a lot to Seven Seas so I’m surprised it wasn’t with them instead. Still I’m happy as I’d rather support Viz than SS, so will definitely be picking this one up :)

Viz is a subsidiary of Shogakukan who own and run the platform the series ran on, so it’s not particularly surprising to me that they’d have access to licensing it, but they do license out a lot to Seven Seas so I’m surprised it wasn’t with them instead. Still I’m happy as I’d rather support Viz than SS, so will definitely be picking this one up :)
I expressed surprise because Viz only have three yuri series total listed on their site, at least when we're talking ones with a physical release.

Could be that they intend to branch out this year, similar to Yen Press moving much more firmly into BL last year. There’s only so much Shounen Jump stuff they can pump out after all! And certainly I’d be happy to see someone else regularly picking up this stuff ^^

A new yuri series seems to have been licensed by Tokyopop, 'Boys Who Interfere With Yuri Are Better Off Dead?!'. This series was previously known by the unofficial English title 'Boys Gilding the Lily Shall Die' if you want to look into it. As of now there is no official announcement on their social media so I will update this image when one appears.
61Pi-5aHPoL._SL1000_.jpg

Back