Amateur Hour

Well here's the last of the Shadow sketches (for now, i plan on visitng them again and probably redesigning a few of them, and probably giving others full pictures) as well as a sketch of the main character from the stories i've been writting.

Overall though these aren't the strongest of my drawings i think.

I'm really pushing things now with my Fan Art project i know, but that's because the motivation hasn't been there so i apologise again :) I will have more digital work soon i promise. Till then here's my latest sketch work, i've not seemed to have done much for a while because it was like my skills just went downhill as i tried to do some other character concepts.

Anyway first up is number 12# in my shadow collection but a lot more detail and without the silly head ware. There is some insipritaion from multiple sources with this on.

Secondly we have the AUKN mascot that i was tempted to try and draw since Chaos revealed that new competition. Probably the first fan art i've done where another user did the original :p

Your shadow is really nice, I like the claws.. a bit like Vincent's from FF.

Your mascot adaptation is nice all.. maybe I should start drawing mine..

Time for another update, although once the current contest is over i'll post all the sketchs i did for my entry here :) Anyway todays update concerns another Shadow, the 11th to be exact. For those wondering i'm probably not going to cover every one of them as i have oher drawings i want to do, for example a Rena from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and there is still the Archer Fan Art piece.

Plus i would like to do some drawings based around my fourth story :p

So here's the update for today.

Looking good Blackwolf =)

Your figure drawing has developed a lot lately, plus I like the details you've done on the armour and clothing.

It's that time again where i unleash another sketch on you all :p This is the 8th Shadow and probably the last until i do some other stuff that require urgent attention. Hope you enjoy :)

Okay as promised here's some of the sketches and the full colour version of Minako that i used in the banner contest :) I'll have more original work up by the end of the week hopefully i'm currently shading a new piece now.

Okay after all that contest stuff here's some original work. Well i say original the male character actually belongs to a friend of mine, so its techincally half fan art half original character.

Woop! Lots of Black art to mull over! Some great pieces too matey! Proportions are looking good and your getting beter at creases in clothes too. Top marks!
:thumb:;)

good job, just one thing. even though if might be correct (physically speaking), the shadows on the faces looks weird.

Thanks for the comments guys :)

@Chaos when you say weird do you mean too much shadows or something else?

Anyway updates!

The following are just some quick sketchs i did while waiting, some of them are a lot worse quality then the ones above but my drawing skill comes in waves anyway :p Some of these may become proper drawings at one point.

Oh, you have posted them :p

Gotta love doodles. I doodle all the god damn time. When I look back at my work pads, nearly every other page has a drawing or a tentacle attack on it lol.

Practice makes perfect Black. Nice doodles. :thumb:

I'm imagining all your heads are naked for some reason!! Smooth! :p

I can see what Chaos is saying about the shading. Shading can be a cruel temptress when you draw imo. Some of my drawings look like the character rolled around in a coal pit by the time I'm done.
Gotta love shading :p

Voddas said:

Gotta love doodles. I doodle all the god damn time. When I look back at my work pads, nearly every other page has a drawing or a tentacle attack on it lol.

Wow. You draw Hentai in your work pads. You're hard core :p

Spyro201 said:
Voddas said:

Hardcore has nothing to do with it...

I like to think of it as stress relief... 8)

Voddas said:
Spyro201 said:
Voddas said:

Hardcore has nothing to do with it...

I like to think of it as stress relief... 8)

Since we both share the same anime first watched i claim that its more loyalty to the Overfiend then anything else :p you're still on his payroll are you not Voddas

Back