Amateur Hour

Voddas said:
Spyro201 said:
Voddas said:
Oh, you have posted them :p

Gotta love doodles. I doodle all the god damn time. When I look back at my work pads, nearly every other page has a drawing or a tentacle attack on it lol.

Wow. You draw Hentai in your work pads. You're hard core :p

Hardcore has nothing to do with it...

I like to think of it as stress relief... 8)

LOL!

That's badass.

This is my entry for the banner contest that was held a couple of weeks past, reason it wasn't used was because of issues with the site's colour theme but i'm attempting to fix it while still keeping the same "graffiti on wall" mottif. Next time i do something like this i should pay more attention to what site the banner is going on instead of just creating something straight away -_- Ah well lesson learnt.

Nice banner, I hope you do change it so it can be used, shame it didn't fit in the first place =)

EDIT: As I just saw your other sketches I didn't notice before I'll comment on them now. I like you Elessa sketches, and your heads and clothes, I really like the one at the top left on your 3rd image, favourite one of the bunch =)

weekly update time!

Here's more sketchs, i'm currently trying to figure out what my next digital art piece should be.

These sketches are pilot concepts for a Mecha idea i was working on (its currently stalled till i can think of good plot and world for it to take place in)

I also did a little practise work to top it off, drawing mouths and eyes, got to keep up with the basics after all :p

Ohh more sketches!

Great work as usual, your two male guys are nice (unsure what's in the middle of your male image though). and your girls nice too, I really like the one on the right side, she has a nice pose.

Nice eyes and mouths as the side as well.

Good initial sketches Black, though it's hard to offer much criticism at such an early stage. The top left female image is probably my favourite, that one's very competent. :thumb:

The proportions do look a little off on the top center female and male in the helmet though.

looks good, but one thing i might add.....they look alittle.....stiff.
try to experiment with poses.
the one of the girl doing the "sexy pose" look at her right arm....limp.

a few ideas....hand on hip, hip judding out and her leaning forward. don't go overboard into the pin up. but just show more life into it.

This is one of my older drawings i did last year but i decided to recolour on the computer, to test out my Digital Colouring skills. Not too happy with parts of it but i can't complain.

There should be more sketchs going up either later today or tomorrow :)

Still need to get the drive to produce more original work to colour...

Nice piece Black. It's very boobies... er I mean, good. ;)

One tip for colouring perhaps. This isn't a must mate but to make the colours and shading look less bright and cartoony. You mirte want to make then dirtier/duller. Get some smudging on the go. 8P

Just a thought like. Loving the boobies... gah! Ah er .. loving your picture though. I'd take her on... in a fight. o_O

Some good shading going on there Black. You've really got the hang of it now. :thumb:

Voddas has a point with the colours - even if it's just as an experiment you could always try some more subdued tones and see how it looks.

I too was drawn to the boobies for obvious reasons but perhaps also because they look a little low down on her her chest?

ayase said:
I too was drawn to the boobies for obvious reasons but perhaps also because they look a little low down on her her chest?
HOW DID I MISS THAT?! O_O

You truely are the master Ayase. *bows*

Thanks for the comments guys :)

I have been meaning to do something with the colours after i did the Mion Higurashi picture a while back, the colours on that one were darker then the ones i normally use (i cheated though and instead of trying to choose colours to match i just used the dropper tool to select colours from a picture of her from S2) i was impressed with how the colours on it came out though so maybe with the next one i do i'll try it...at the very least it will give me a reason to use the colour replacer tool if things go a bit awry :p

As for the chest thing yeah i was told that by people when i first did that drawing last year, but to be fair i've improved on the female form since then...you should see some of my attempts before that one though...looked like a bleeding piccasso :lol:

I missed Mion so I went back and had a look. Some nice colouring on that one, would love to see more in that style.

And your grasp of human anatomy is still better than mine. I'd love to be able to draw people but without massive amounts of work they always end up out of proportion. I came to the conclusion it's just not worth it as that's clearly not where my talent lies and I restrict myself to portraits and busts at the most now.

Nice image, I really like your shoulder pads and your weapons, You have some nice use of colour and some good shading, except the shorts, I just don't like that colour.. makes the image look kind of cartoony.

Keep up the good work =)

Sketch time (although if your lucky and i'm not completely sidetracked this coming weekend a new digital art piece should be up next week)

This is another for that as of yet unamed mech story i was developing, the name mara is just something i came up quickly when naming the file.

as always comments welcome :)

(really its the only way i'll learn)

Nice! :D
Loving the face and heads on these scetches mate (not so much the one top right). For sme reason I'm getting an 80's vibe from the bottom left drawing too.
Must be the large hair :p

Nice work :thumb: You can definately see your improving too. Keep it up.

BlackWolf said:
@Voddas thanks for the comments Vod what did you think of the bottom right one though may i ask?
I was wondering if you'd ask me about that one :lol:

I can see you put more effort into that one than the others and it is very good Black. All the proportions are correct and it looks natural and the hair floaty. A profetional looking sketch if you ask me. Now you just need to do that in all it's detailed glory. That's the hard part.

:p Yeah i put more time into that one since i wanted to make a good job of it, i'm tempted to try it again on a larger scale and make it more like she's lying on a bed but at the moment i'm unsure of how to create that illusion, also unsure of what kind of design i would want on the clothing, unless i just kept it bland as a style choice.

your shaping is getting much better and the quality has god much better too. your doing well black :thumb: keep it up mate.

I like the bottom right image a lot, but the one on the top left is my favourite out of those Black. That one is really good - The shape of the head and the angle and spacing of the facial features all look exactly right.

I've worked out what looks a bit odd to me about your face-on drawings - They tend to look as though they're looking slightly up rather than straight ahead. Maybe if you tried shortening the length of the face a bit or softening the jaw line that would remedy it? If you compare the top two faces perhaps you'll see what I mean.

Back