UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I don't think there's much to lament; we're in a golden age for physical media and it's all the better for the fact that the big studios can't be bothered to release things themselves and are increasingly licensing them out to labels that have a passion for what they're doing.

That's true. I have the first Weird Science Blu-ray from Universal, and the more recent Arrow release (there's a UHD imminent as well) and it's like night and day.

September - more details in the next week or so!
Any news on Love Live Nijigasaki Season 2, Superstar Season 2 and Yohane the Parhelion for streaming? Any possibility of adding them to ITV X or another service? Not a fan of having to wait 2 years for the Blu-ray to watch a series where the preceding instalments in the franchise were simulcast.

I will definitely be pre-ordering Eva 3.0 + 1.11 4K and Free! The Final Stroke - Part 2.

I love the art for Burn the Witch and the OVA was fine enough but now I'm trying to cut down on getting CE's for anime which I'm not as interested in or not a favourite, I'm not sure if I'll pick the CE up or not. If I do it will be for design purposes but if not I'll likely just wait for the standard of it.

Gundam I still want to start collecting but I'll be going for standard editions for them when I eventually do.

Last edited:
Looking forward to G Gundam. I hated it the first time I saw it because even though I knew its reputation and even seen it in cross-over games I still went into it thinking like it was a Gundam show. Many years later I re-watched it with knowledge of what kind of show it was going in and had a real blast laughing along with it. I hope people do the latter when they give it a shot, given the image chosen for the blog announcement they clearly know how they'll need to advertise it!

OMFG, another freaking month where there's absolutely nothing for me in the pre-orders 😭 Neon Genesis Evangelion is one of my fave anime ever but I really dislike the Rebuild movies. God, I really have to get that region free player soon so I can buy Discotek Media's releases. Then I will finally be able to watch my copy of Oniisama e/Dear Brother.

Last edited:
I'm definitely going to get Eva 3.0+1.0, but which edition is the question. The CE goodies look tempting, but the price is high. I do appreciate that AL has started including the bonus feature discs in standard editions, so I'm not missing out on anything truly important regardless of which edition I get.

ggundam-anime.gif

OMFG, another freaking month where there's absolutely nothing for me in the pre-orders 😭 Neon Genesis Evangelion is one of my fave anime ever but I really dislike the Rebuild movies. God, I really have to get that region free player soon so I can buy Discotek Media's releases. Then I will finally be able to watch my copy of Oniisama e/Dear Brother.
Oh sh*t, I just realized that A Place Further than the Universe is most likely going to be only big pre-order/release for me this year (I seriously don't believe that there will be any pleasant surprises for me at this point and this far into the year) and there is not even any guarantee it will be released this year, most likely it will be delayed to next year. And I guess they will never license Symphogear nor The Rose of Versailles... Welp, Disckotek Media, here I come.

Back