UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I remember someone asking on that Q&A they did on Twitter if they planned on any more Animatsu rescues and they replied 'maybe 1 or 2'.
At this point there isn't much left to rescue but I can maybe see them getting Beyond The Boundary or My Love Story.
Obviously still waiting on the inevitable Tiger & Bunny Kaze rescue.

I'm surprised they haven't licensed Hands off the eizouken. I thought that would be one they'd love to do.

I feel this is inevitable as they've been picking up a lot of Crunchyroll licenses which were released by Sentai.
I remember someone asking on that Q&A they did on Twitter if they planned on any more Animatsu rescues and they replied 'maybe 1 or 2'.
At this point there isn't much left to rescue but I can maybe see them getting Beyond The Boundary or My Love Story.

We never got the Beyond the Boundary OVA over here so would be great if they did plus it's KyoAni so would be worthwhile to re-release IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of them ends up being SNAFU. Especially since I have already imported all 3 seasons. 🤣

We never got the Beyond the Boundary OVA over here so would be great if they did plus it's KyoAni so would be worthwhile to re-release IMO.

I would definitely buy a collector's/ultimate edition with the series/OVA & movies included, if the Japanese would allow it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if one of them ends up being SNAFU. Especially since I have already imported all 3 seasons. 🤣

I would definitely buy a collector's/ultimate edition with the series/OVA & movies included, if the Japanese would allow it.
If they did go for SNAFU I'd assume it wouldn't be a straight clone of the Animatsu discs as that didn't have the dub so would probably need re-BBFC'ing (real word).
Considering AL have the sales figures for how well it did last time, would they spend the extra cash 🤷‍♂️

I love My Love Story, and so does my PA, it's his favourite anime (well that and Ranking of Kings) :)

If they did go for SNAFU I'd assume it wouldn't be a straight clone of the Animatsu discs as that didn't have the dub so would probably need re-BBFC'ing (real word).
Considering AL have the sales figures for how well it did last time, would they spend the extra cash 🤷‍♂️
Golden Time supposedly bombed under Animatsu and yet that was re-released by Anime Limited with its dub. I don't believe the dub was submitted to the BBFC.

Campfire Cooking for Crunchyroll was submitted twice (one for the Japanese audio a few months back, and recently for the English dub which overrode the listing for the Japanese one) as an example.

We are writing to you today to provide an update regarding your Lupin the 3rd Part 6 Collector's Edition pre-order.

Due to a delay in printing and manufacture of some of the more complex physical print elements of this title, we are moving the release date of this product to Monday April 29th.

Golden Time supposedly bombed under Animatsu and yet that was re-released by Anime Limited with its dub. I don't believe the dub was submitted to the BBFC.

Campfire Cooking for Crunchyroll was submitted twice (one for the Japanese audio a few months back, and recently for the English dub which overrode the listing for the Japanese one) as an example.
So getting a dub BBFC'd is optional or AL just pulling an 'it's cool bro, no one will notice' 😂

I'd honestly be all for them releasing SNAFU 1 - 3 instead of series we've already had that bring nothing new, I don't have enough kidneys left to import Sentai releases!

The latest issue of Neo claims Inuyasha season 2 is out on 29 April

Did this get announced in one of AL’s emails or something? It seems a bit sudden!

The latest issue of Neo claims Inuyasha season 2 is out on 29 April

Did this get announced in one of AL’s emails or something? It seems a bit sudden!

I have not seen anything on their social media or via email, nor was it included in their "April pre-order" list that was posted earlier.

So getting a dub BBFC'd is optional or AL just pulling an 'it's cool bro, no one will notice' 😂

I'd honestly be all for them releasing SNAFU 1 - 3 instead of series we've already had that bring nothing new, I don't have enough kidneys left to import Sentai releases!

Well AFAIK Kaze & Manga re-released Code Geass uncut without resubmitting to the bbfc, so who knows. 🤔

Last edited:
Well AFAIK Kaze & Manga re-released Code Geass uncut without resubmitting to the bbfc, so who knows. 🤔
I can confirm, manga entertainment did re-release code geass uncut and yet last I checked there's no record of the bbfc re-examining it.

1. So no normal newswire this month? 2. Gundam Build Fighters try part 1 was supposed to be released on the 25th of March but haven't received any email about dispatch or delay.
So the next day after I wrote this I checked the animelimited store and found the release date was now 15th of April. Confused thinking I might gave read it wrong I checked last months neo magazine and no 25th of march was the original release date they just changed the release without saying. Having said that this month's neo magazine now gives the release as 15th of April.

Back