AnimeCentral; a new anime TV channel coming to the UK?

Thursday 13th? Weren't they supposed to launch on Monday 10th? I'm guessing Sky messed them around a bit. regardless, we can still watch it now if you have sky.

I assume this is basically a early start for the Thursday 13th September start and will be repeated then?

00:00 Transfomers The Headmasters

3 hour blocks then?

I believe so Patchy, and yeah, each day they only have three hours of anime, repeated three times each night (so that you don't miss anything)

I assume there will be chat for shows airing on this channel since I'm new to this, I basically tuned in since I read about their launch on digital spy....

I really enjoyed Planetes if anything Ill watch this regularly.

It's alive! ALIVE! :twisted:

Spot on. :D

Oh that's a thought, I just wondered, has anyone seen any sign subs yet? I've only had it working for a few minutes so I havn't had time to notice yet.

-edit- Oh never mind about the sign subs, I just remembered they're only showing Manga and Beez stuff so obviously there won't be any. :?

Patchy said:
I assume there will be chat for shows airing on this channel since I'm new to this, I basically tuned in since I read about their launch on digital spy....

I really enjoyed Planetes if anything Ill watch this regularly.
My understanding of the channel is that there are not going to be any presenters just bumps in the style of [adult.swim]. It may spawn some shows about anime as the channel matures but in the short term if you are looking for presenters and some information about anime shows you check out The Anime Network, which airs on Propeller TV.

Tasker said:
It's alive! ALIVE! :twisted:

Spot on. :D

Oh that's a thought, I just wondered, has anyone seen any sign subs yet? I've only had it working for a few minutes so I havn't had time to notice yet.
As has been mentioned multiple times, the initial run will not feature any subtitled versions of shows. I believe the aim is to air a repeat during the night with subtitled version but this is subject to the broadcaster being able to get suitable subtitled versions, which they don't have for all of their content at the moment. That was the state-of-play as discussed at AmeCon and I can't think that it would have changed in such a short time.

Gawyn said:
My understanding of the channel is that there are not going to be any presenters just bumps in the style of [adult.swim]. It may spawn some shows about anime as the channel matures but in the short term if you are looking for presenters and some information about anime shows you check out The Anime Network, which airs on Propeller TV.

No I meant here as conversations on the shows airing....

I wonder why they choose Headmasters as an inital show? Seems to be an odd choice to me, especially considering the quality of the dub (Apparently Transformers: Super God Master Force got the same dub treatment which was thankfully left of the DVD release)

Though i'm wondering that when they start airing subs, whenever it is, if they will show the other Japanese only transformer shows like Victory.

Well, I just found the channel now. I'm guessing all they're showing during this test run is ep1 of each, as the ep of Headmasters I just watched seemed to be.

Fair do's then. I thought i'd missed some nights.

Well, i'm off to watch more of it, and hopefully the other dubs will be better than Headmasters (although that was frankly awful in all aspects).

i wonder if CSC know how many ppl are watching the test channel XD

ahhh~~ this takes me back to when i was timing the 1st ep to FMA XD

Ryo Chan said:
i assume it's just gonna repeat ep 1 of each series till launch
We can't know that for certain until tomorrow. There is only one episode of each series each day, repeated three times.

If they show episodes 1 again tomorrow, then you're right, if they show episodes 2, you're wrong ;)

Back