Bleach anime coming to UK TV?

Channel 4 would hopefully pick Bleach up, because they showed a lot of Studio Ghibl films on Film 4, and in some cases, Channel 4.

But why would Channel 4 bother, Sky would buy it off if it prove popular like they did with Prison Break, Lost etc

Bravo is more or less a man's channel, over 18. Bleach is more or less aimed at Teenagers, so I doubt Bravo would license it

Ryo Chan said:
i'm telling ya, following italy is the way for the UK

we have 20mb speeds here, why not use them and show it over the net?

Internet TV will never be as popular as sticking on the box, sitting down and watching it and flicking around channels. Not everyone has 20MB broadband in this country anyway; probably only 5% of the entire UK broadband users have anywhere near 20MB let alone 8MB, in fact I don't know very many people who have more than 2MB.

DaNiMe said:
Ryo Chan said:
i'm telling ya, following italy is the way for the UK

we have 20mb speeds here, why not use them and show it over the net?

Internet TV will never be as popular as sticking on the box, sitting down and watching it and flicking around channels. Not everyone has 20MB broadband in this country anyway; probably only 5% of the entire UK broadband users have anywhere near 20MB let alone 8MB, in fact I don't know very many people who have more than 2MB.

u sure? bbc had an article on the net bout 75% of the uk was on 2mb or higher

and it may not be as popular but u have to admit it's damn well cheaper

I would rather have Bleach on sky one then any where else. They can put with a time slot together with the simpsons.

I'll be happy when they switch analogue off. It will give everyone an excuse to be able to see channels that could possibly show anime (ITV2/3/4, not sure what other ones mentioned are on freeview). I really do think switching analogue off is one of the main things that will affect popularity of anime in the mainstream, we have to face the fact that unedited anime being shown at a decent time slot is not ever going to happen with the TV system as it is at the moment.

@Ryo Maybe it's true 75% of people have more than 2MB broadband, but it's still nowhere near 20MB. I will stick to my point that none of the majority of the population is going to prefer watching TV on the computer rather than actually on the television.

DaNiMe said:
X_nick_X said:
not enough killing.

I somehow disagree there :p

X_nick_X said:
Channel 5 seem viable.

Let's hope not. For every reason. (It would be butchered and put on their morning slot anyway).

How to put it bleach doesn't show death as horrific bloody painful final moments it's a type of show if you wanted to tell kids that when they die they go to a better place show them bleach :)

I suppose if Viz did talk to British TV stations there first port of call would be Bravo (i.e adult swim) or even Trouble, the only way Bravo would take Bleach would be if it was a. cheap and b. popular and at that they would give it an afternoon slot say 5ish, like they once did with adult swim.

To me the likely destinations for Bleach would be T4, Trouble, Bravo or the MTV stations but I wouldn't hold my breath.

J_C_X said:
I suppose if Viz did talk to British TV stations there first port of call would be Bravo (i.e adult swim) or even Trouble, the only way Bravo would take Bleach would be if it was a. cheap and b. popular and at that they would give it an afternoon slot say 5ish, like they once did with adult swim.

To me the likely destinations for Bleach would be T4, Trouble, Bravo or the MTV stations but I wouldn't hold my breath.

As previously mentioned, i think it would suit perfectly to Sky One especially the Sunday evening/night line up, as i recall they play all new The Simpsons, so after that would be perfect, 7:00PM, just before the soaps kick in at 7:30PM

Is there no chance of sci-fi picking it up? They were the only non cartoon based channel on which i found anime (apart from the odd film) and on there it would be less likely to be butchered.

X_nick_X said:
DaNiMe said:
X_nick_X said:
not enough killing.

X_nick_X said:
Channel 5 seem viable.

Let's hope not. For every reason. (It would be butchered and put on their morning slot anyway).

How to put it bleach doesn't show death as horrific bloody painful final moments it's a type of show if you wanted to tell kids that when they die they go to a better place show them bleach :)

I really have to disagree again. How much Bleach have you seen?

DaNiMe said:
X_nick_X said:
DaNiMe said:
X_nick_X said:
not enough killing.

X_nick_X said:
Channel 5 seem viable.

Ep 132 damn fillers >.>
Anyway the anime they seem to be showing at the moment shows death horrifically take afro samurai that was cut but that had moving severed heads.
Bleach is much lighter in comparison when it does come to the uk it will most likely end up like the next dbz cut and then stuck on cartoon network

X_nick_X said:
DaNiMe said:
X_nick_X said:
DaNiMe said:
X_nick_X said:
not enough killing.

X_nick_X said:
Channel 5 seem viable.

Ep 132 damn fillers >.>
Anyway the anime they seem to be showing at the moment shows death horrifically take afro samurai that was cut but that had moving severed heads.
Bleach is much lighter in comparison when it does come to the uk it will most likely end up like the next dbz cut and then stuck on cartoon network

I personally found Bleach, from what I've seen (episodes 1-69) just as horrific as many other anime, it's if the TV company wants to show it uncut up to that point (can't remember when the blood really starts coming in).

DaNiMe said:
X_nick_X said:
DaNiMe said:
X_nick_X said:
DaNiMe said:
X_nick_X said:
not enough killing.

X_nick_X said:
Channel 5 seem viable.

Ep 132 damn fillers >.>

I personally found Bleach, from what I've seen (episodes 1-69) just as horrific as many other anime, it's if the TV company wants to show it uncut up to that point (can't remember when the blood really starts coming in).

Bleach is only as horrific as Naruto can be, But it all depends on what your definition of horror is; blood? story?. The story is just a basic Shonen story taking Death lightly, and blood/gore wise, its pretty much non-existent, blood running down mouth, blood flying around whilst characters are not visible. it really is nothing at all, for anime standards anyway. Comparing to a show where gore is needed for the story eg. Elfen Lied, blood is shown fully visible, it oozing out from everywhere :D. on the other hand Bleach doesn't really any thing like that.

And i am up-to-date with Bleach, episode 133. nothing too significant and in no state of mind could i call it 'horrific'.

Looks like another shounen will be ripped to shreds, stripped to its bare bones to the point of no plot line so it can be aired on TV.

J_C_X said:

Face it, Bravo will never license Bleach... Its too much of a Man's channel, which is filled with pointless stuff that looks manly, but stupid.

I wish Sky one will steal the rights of Adult Swim off Bravo, or at least have a Anime version of Adult Swim for the UK.

Jayme said:
DaNiMe said:
X_nick_X said:
DaNiMe said:
X_nick_X said:
DaNiMe said:
X_nick_X said:
not enough killing.

X_nick_X said:
Channel 5 seem viable.

Ep 132 damn fillers >.>

Bleach is only as horrific as Naruto can be, But it all depends on what your definition of horror is; blood? story?. The story is just a basic Shonen story taking Death lightly, and blood/gore wise, its pretty much non-existent, blood running down mouth, blood flying around whilst characters are not visible. it really is nothing at all, for anime standards anyway. Comparing to a show where gore is needed for the story eg. Elfen Lied, blood is shown fully visible, it oozing out from everywhere :D. on the other hand Bleach doesn't really any thing like that.

And i am up-to-date with Bleach, episode 133. nothing too significant and in no state of mind could i call it 'horrific'.

I wonder if you've been watching the same Bleach as I did.. Maybe you should go watch one of the earlier episodes, that's what I'm talking about, and I just went to check and I see blood... I knew I saw blood when I watched it before, and I do again :/ Go and watch episode 39 and tell me there's no blood in that >_>. No blood visible my ****.

DaNiMe said:

Jayme said:

DaNiMe said:
I wonder if you've been watching the same Bleach as I did.. Maybe you should go watch one of the earlier episodes, that's what I'm talking about, and I just went to check and I see blood... I knew I saw blood when I watched it before, and I do again :/ Go and watch episode 39 and tell me there's no blood in that >_>. No blood visible my ****.

Okay, just scanned though episode 39; and i accept the fact that there is blood visible, and i never denied that, but about the same amount of blood Naruto used in the first season when Haku Dies. There is blood is there; its a fact but its nothing exactly horrific.

It depends on peoples sensitivity to this kind of thing. I just don't really find it that shocking for Teen JUMP show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jayme said:
DaNiMe said:

Jayme said:

DaNiMe said:

Okay, just scanned though episode 39; and i accept the fact that there is blood visible, and i never denied that, but about the same amount of blood Naruto used in the first season when Haku Dies. There is blood is there; its a fact but its nothing exactly horrific.

It depends on peoples sensitivity to this kind of thing. I just don't really find it that shocking for Teen JUMP show.

So we've come to the conclusion that everyone has a different meaning of the word 'horrific' : )

Last edited by a moderator:
Back