Bleach anime coming to UK TV?

My knowledge of Bleach is limited greatly, so I'm going to pose this question: is it the sort of show that would end up on ROCKWORLD TV, by chance? I've observed some of Gilgamesh, there -- is the content and theme of Bleach similar enough to appeal to that sort of audience? Don't get me wrong -- I'm fully aware that the demographic for both shows is different, but would a show based upon (forgive my ignorance) ghosts and the paranormal work on a (forgive said ignorance) gothic-like channel?

So long as it's uncut in a subsequent DVD release, I don't care how butchered it is on TV as at least then I can make my own choice about how to watch it. :p

Uppa said:
My knowledge of Bleach is limited greatly, so I'm going to pose this question: is it the sort of show that would end up on ROCKWORLD TV, by chance? I've observed some of Gilgamesh, there -- is the content and theme of Bleach similar enough to appeal to that sort of audience? Don't get me wrong -- I'm fully aware that the demographic for both shows is different, but would a show based upon (forgive my ignorance) ghosts and the paranormal work on a (forgive said ignorance) gothic-like channel?
The closest demographic that most would relate to as far as Bleach goes would probably be something along the lines of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The basic premise is not all that different; a bunch of kids battling supernatural forces to keep the world safe. Of course that is slightly oversimplified but it is fairly close.

On the subject of blood, and removing the said blood for TV viewing.

Is the blood important to the storyline, or could the story progress without the blood? If so, getting rid of it is a necessary evil, right?

Chrono Demon said:
Face it, Bravo will never license Bleach... Its too much of a Man's channel, which is filled with pointless stuff that looks manly, but stupid.

I wish Sky one will steal the rights of Adult Swim off Bravo, or at least have a Anime version of Adult Swim for the UK.

What in the name of GOD are you talking about?

o_O

Fudce said:
Is the blood important to the storyline, or could the story progress without the blood? If so, getting rid of it is a necessary evil, right?
It's all that happens in Bleach anyway, getting cut, cut some more, and getting cut again. So removing the blood would rip the soul out of the series... lol, soul.

Lupus Inu said:
Fudce said:
It's all that happens in Bleach anyway, getting cut, cut some more, and getting cut again. So removing the blood would rip the soul out of the series... lol, soul.

sort of fails the idea of a show about "death" gods if you remove the death XD

Forget it, untill someone grows some damn balls the answer is no. I meen, on a tangent, BBC can't even air something as simple as Family Guy without making a total pig's ass out of it.

Back