UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Does anyone know if the UK release of The Rising of the Shield Hero - Season 2 (LE) will be identical to the US release?

I only ask because I have the US release pre-ordered, but the UK version is £35 cheaper, so I would cancel & reorder the UK version if it's going to be identical.

Does anyone know if the UK release of The Rising of the Shield Hero - Season 2 (LE) will be identical to the US release?

I only ask because I have the US release pre-ordered, but the UK version is £35 cheaper, so I would cancel & reorder the UK version if it's going to be identical.
Should be, listings are suggesting the same extras, minor blu-ray case changes aside.

Just give it a week or two to decide, just in case they cancel it for some reason.

It should be identical (with BBFC logos on the amaray and discs as per usual). I did pre-order the US limited edition but because of the price (especially generous considering the US release is $94.98 SRP), I did decide to swap over (this did result in me losing the order for Ranking of Kings so I'll have to sort that out later).

However I'm still skeptical of the UK branch in general so this is a one-off change for the time being. If they do bring back slipcases for regular releases that aren't shonen films and tone down the SRP to be more on the same range as Anime Limited's SRP then I may consider it. They burnt so many bridges over the years which is why I'm cautious.

I received an email about the Shield Hero LE release today from ATA.

Despite quite liking Season 1 and the LE set being really good, Season 2 was a huge disappointment so I don't have any intention of buying it sadly!

I watched 2 episodes of The Rising Of The Shield Hero S2 and despite really liking the 1st season said sh*t on it- it was totally disappointing.

Seemingly Crunchy have effed up the release of One Piece Collection 31 on Amazon, either it sold very well and Amazon don't have the copies or maybe Toei flexed their musclesScreenshot 2023-07-03 174202.png

Seemingly Crunchy have effed up the release of One Piece Collection 31 on Amazon, either it sold very well and Amazon don't have the copies or maybe Toei flexed their muscles
Release dates today. Maybe a shipments late so Amazon have paused sales until they get their preorders shipped out

----

Just seen the Anime Limited email

The price for Roxy the cute magic user who gets terrorised by a pervert - The Anime Collectors Edition is crazy. Could imagine close to £45/£50... Not £66.99

Amazon is a better at £53 but still -_- sometimes I'm happy I've stopped buying Anime Blurays

(Nothing to do with me having a backlog of shows I havent even opened in 6 years... Trust me)

Back