First flaming, then trolling and insults?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ayase said:
Arbalest said:
I guess so, but i'm not going to take sides and say one person is right, the other wrong, since to be honest, both are in the wrong. Its not hard to ignore people on here when the posting gets out of hand, and if you really need to defend yourself, i'm sure doing so via PM's will be just as effective. I just think that the forums would be rid of the clutter of pointless arguments if people just left it.
What I'm trying to say though is that if everyone was more respectful then they could all be in the right - since everyone has a right to an opinion, and debate can be a good way to find out what others think and why they think that way. If people approach it in a way that makes everyone comfortable to state their views and talk about them.

Lupus Inu said:
taking the internet too seriously, my friend.
Got a lot of time on your hands since losing the election Mr McCain? :p

Thats true, i think most people on here like a good debate, its just that some take it too far, and thats what is annoying. The main reason i complained previously was because too many derailed them and made the debates far from a good read and respecting each others opinions.

EpicLulz said:
Pointless, Im out of here, my mental breakdown thread was derailed by a bunch of morons. including lupus

You know I posted the exact same question on another forum and I got advice and storys from EVERYONE.

Not the mindless masses on here.

Tell you what I will now go round derailing every thread that ok? yes no?

******* sick some of you are attacking the likes of geek in my serious thread WHEN YOU NEED TO GET YOUR HEAD OUT YOUR OWN ******* ASSES YOU THICK ****S.

I don't want to chuck wood onto the fire, but I don't think anyone took the piss out of your mental breakdown thread... that's just my opinion, but it seems as though you're taking your "problems" out on other members of the forum. Think to yourself, "would I have posted that if my mental breakdown thing never happened?".

My friend, flaming people out of nowhere won't improve the situation for you =|.

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
My friend, flaming people out of nowhere won't improve the situation for you =|.
Now I'm starting to worry about how much John McCain has rubbed off on people.

That sounded really wrong.

ayase said:
Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
Now I'm starting to worry about how much John McCain has rubbed off on people.

That sounded really wrong.

You seem to be talking about him alot. I've only got a vague idea as to who he is =P

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
You seem to be talking about him alot. I've only got a vague idea as to who he is =P
An irrelevant (he is now, anyway) old American dude who likes to add "my friends" into every other sentance.

Now with video:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vnPb9D6O-X0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vnPb9D6O-X0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ayase said:
Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
An irrelevant (he is now, anyway) old American dude who likes to add "my friends" into every other sentance.

Oh is that reason you said that in the other thread as well, i thought you were saying it because they had almost word for word copied what he had said at one point or another :p

I'd just like to point out that that my returning from exile and this forum turning into an inactive warzone have nothing to do with each other. It's a bizarre coincidence.

I do find it a bit funny that people are now allowed to openly tell others to f*** off, yet I was given a month ban (+ 9000) for doing the same once. Paul has semingly given up on saving the forum now.

Aion said:
I'd just like to point out that that my returning from exile and this forum turning into an inactive warzone have nothing to do with each other. It's a bizarre coincidence.

I'm fairly certain you are joking here, but just in case you honestly think it is just coincidence, I'd like to firmly inform you that it absolutely is not. The forum was never as tense and argumatitive as it is right now, and much of that can be attributed to your return. Perhaps you should have held back on the grovelling at Paul's feet and just joined another forum? I know this place would be much better without you ;]

...And I know this forum is better without you!!!!11!!!!!

This line of conversation isn't going to go very far. The only way it would woek would be if...I don't know, we agreedto have someone neutral make a poll and let the other users deicide. I'd actually be fairly interested to see who would lose a "Aion or The Geek - Who do you want IP banned for life?" topic.

see what you've done? *speaking outloud*
a thread made to outline the issue that members are bitching over every little thing....and you turn it into a flame war itself.
Am i the only one who sees the hypocrisy in that??

reading the first post....yes there are "groups" but the only one i know about is the count to a million group. and we sit in that thread talking and joking and having a good time, no fear of anyone flaming and as for derailing....the thread thrives from its liquidated state, moving from one subject to another as you would face to face. its laid back and a haven from the flame wars...yet some people have a problem with that. we don't cause a problem so leave us alone.

also this childish bickering has to stop. you all have said your sick of it.....yet some of you are main contributers to this problem. the day you realise that your actually being a antisocial ******** will be your "enlightenment" and hopefully you'll grow up and understand that being a prick won't get you anywhere! yes this is being blunt but im sorry, im not sick of this....but rather feel sorry that people have lost their basic common curtisy and lack the social skills to uphold a convo without it turning into a slagfest. i admit im no saint. but atleast i apologise for things that i say if im out of turn.

Tachi, part of the problem this forum has is the lack of members willing to discuss anime and/or manga. I've NEVER seen you post about anime and/or manga at all, which has made me question why you'd want to post here in the first place. It isn't as if the Random Chat board provides anything of interest.

The in-fighting that goes on wouldn't be much of a problem if more posters posted on here about what they should. But, as it stands, the bitching is clearly visible thanks to there being little else occurring.

Aion said:
Tachi, part of the problem this forum has is the lack of members willing to discuss anime and/or manga. I've NEVER seen you post about anime and/or manga at all, which has made me question why you'd want to post here in the first place. It isn't as if the Random Chat board provides anything of interest.

The in-fighting that goes on wouldn't be much of a problem if more posters posted on here about what they should. But, as it stands, the bitching is clearly visible thanks to there being little else occurring.
I'll just re-iterate what I said on another thread:
ayase said:
The problem (which we've just been over in a thread of yours, I think) with starting a thread about a specific older anime is that only a few people have seen each one, so you get about four posts saying "Yeah, I liked it too." and if you're (un?)lucky someone will pick a fight and the thread will only end when someone decides to give up.
And I'll add to that, if you are very lucky someone will start a decent conversation or debate. Very lucky as in winning the lottery kind of odds. That's why no-one does it.

Aion, get yourself a blog. That's what I'm doing. You can talk about whatever anime series you want to your heart's content then. Do you really think that if people stopped talking about random stuff the forum would be better? It would just be even more dead.

The random rubbish only lowers the poor//\\quality content ratio further towards the left. So, yes, I do feel the forum would be better if people didn't spend time counting to 1 million and, instead, put effort into creating discussions about anime/manga. My preferences aren't going to change anything, but I'd much rather see the forum dead if it meant watching people have conversations they could be having on MSN.

If people on here are unable to even discuss older, famous series then the problem is that most posters on here haven't watched enough. And I don't think that assumption is wrong going on some of the MAL profiles I've viewed. Like I've said before, I fail to see the point in posting on an anime forum if you haven't watched much anime and don't plan on watching any in the near future.

Blogging isn't up my street. I posted my thoughts in the hope of someone responding, starting a conversation and, after much love, becoming electronic friends. Blogging is a way for people to express their thoughts to no-one in particular, or, if the blogger is lucky, a way to get a few short comments.

I personally don't want anyone banned. Even the moody people can be nice when they're not trolling. And each of us finds different people irritating.

It would be nice if people could rationally point out to others when they are being jerks when they surge into a thread with the express purpose of insulting people or bringing some other unrelated problem with a member into a thread about flower arranging or something. Most anger is caused by hurt pride, so slagging one another off and butting heads just makes the problem worse and worse.

I consider every poster here valuable, even the ones I'd probably never want to talk to in person. It shouldn't be cliquey and people shouldn't openly single out individuals as being responsible for the downfall of the atmosphere. There is no such thing as a bad poster here, just posters who do bad things. It may be convenient to blame Aion or CG or Dave or the Wicked Witch of the West for this forum being moody but none of them are powerful or nasty enough to do such a thing.

R

oh i've talked about anime. might not of been in your presence but i have. talking about anime in the count to a million thread.....and only a week ago i posted in a naruto thread.and i've added to the sales thread with xmas offers on anime....so just because you don't see me post about anime, doesn't mean i don't.

well the whole count to a million thread may not be your cup of tea....but are we doing any harm? are we sat bitching to one another or about other members??? no, because we are more mature than that.

It's fine; I accept the fact that EpicLulz talking to Luppy in French and going on illogical rants is down to me. I accept that Luppy being a bit odd is my fault. I accept that CitizenGeek being born was somehow caused by me. I'd be a liar if I denied feeling at fault for the sorry state of this once peaceful forum.

But, Rui, there is no way of being calm and logical when it comes to one person dislikng another. There wouldn't be any fighting in the world if people could talk their issues out without resorting to being an ********. You just have to accept that, for whatever reason, some people just don't get on and argue simply because they see each other.

Ayase, I'm not sure what you're trying to say or prove by posting a thread with little effort put in. You asked questions but provided very little discussion material - you didn't give your own thoughts.

But, even if you went on a 20 paragraph rampage, nothing can be accomplished by one person alone on a forum. If the problem with this forum truly is the amount of people who've watched more than a few series, then the only solutions are for more people to join or the current members to watch more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back