Fuse Memoirs of a Huntress
Durarara X2

Will buy if they get BD releases
Maid-Sama! - I pray to the gods this gets a BD, it's a show I want to own
The Flowers of Evil
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Outbreak Company

Maybe Buy
Knights of Sidonia - I really dislike CGI, its why I haven't tried it out yet. Will have to stream the first few episodes before making a choice on a purchase
The Madoka Magica Movies - Depends on what the release is like
Re-Kan - Not fond of the animation but didn't mind the first episode when it aired but didn't like it enough to continue streaming, not sure
Sword Art Online 2 - Depends on my enjoyment of the first season.
Aldnoah Zero - This show was a bit of a mess but I enjoyed the mess overall, for all its flaws it's a gorgeous show with an incredible soundtrack

---

Good news about the likes of Free & Assassination Classroom, I'd like to have both of those.

With all new animation and vocal performances, the first two movies Beginnings and Eternal retell the events of the critically acclaimed 2011 television anime, before the third and final film, Rebellion, tells an all new continuation.
Note to self "skip first two movies as it's just a compilation of the TV series, and watch the third movie instead." Noted. :lol:

britguy said:
Ah so anime limiteds final announcement for today was indeed AZ. Wonder how others found out about it yesterday?
UK Anime included it in their round-up of Anime Limited licenses yesterday.

Joshawott said:
britguy said:
Ah so anime limiteds final announcement for today was indeed AZ. Wonder how others found out about it yesterday?
UK Anime included it in their round-up of Anime Limited licenses yesterday.

Yeah I know, I was just curious how they found out, seeing as AL said last night that they were going to reveal this at the industry panel, which to me means they hadn't announced it previously.

Mohawk52 said:
With all new animation and vocal performances, the first two movies Beginnings and Eternal retell the events of the critically acclaimed 2011 television anime, before the third and final film, Rebellion, tells an all new continuation.
Note to self "skip first two movies as it's just a compilation of the TV series, and watch the third movie instead." Noted. :lol:
For compilation movies they're actually pretty good though; they've improved some of the animation and changed up some of the music(?), I found them to be an easier watch than the series (even if they do skim the odd plot point).

IncendiaryLemon said:
Mangaranga said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Question, how come MVM has just been announcing stuff via twitter and don't have a panel? I found it to be pretty weird at this big event where the big distributors come and announce they're line up, MVM, who, whilst not quite as prominent as Manga or even Anime Ltd, didn't have a dedicated panel.

Also, I was just thinking, I'm a little disappointed MVM hasn't said anything about Hanamonogatari or Tsukimonogatari. I would have thought we would at least see Hana in the Summer seeing as the Aniplex set just got released recently.
MVM have never had a dedicated panel. They usually post a few announcements on Facebook and them recite them at the industry panel (if they attend). I can ask Tony tomorrow at the MVM stand about Monogatari if you like. I've asked about things previously and found him to be very upfront. I asked about Garden of Sinners Recalled Out Summer today actually, but there's no news on it other than they'd like to do a complete BD collection and include it if Aniplex JP allow them to.

If you could, I'd really appreciate it.
Nothing yet. Will be speaking to Aniplex about Monogatari and "other Aniplex titles".

I wonder if anyone could ask MVM about the chance of the Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works release including the official soundtrack? (I'm still bummed that Fate/Zero's didn't. I don't want to have to pay a month's worth of pay to import Aniplex JP's blu-ray boxes!).
In fact, if MVM can't get them for their release, I wonder if Anime Limited could license them ala Attack On Titan's? (Although I remember hearing that they had issues with trying to get Kill la Kill's? It seems like Aniplex is gonna Aniplex).

I'm also holding out on buying Garden of Sinners for a blu-ray release. High definition or bust; the ball is in your court Aniplex.

Yowanda-san said:
britguy said:
Yeah I know, I was just curious how they found out, seeing as AL said last night that they were going to reveal this at the industry panel, which to me means they hadn't announced it previously.
Probably got sent a press release on Friday so they could publish the news immediately after yesterday's panel was over.
I'd say it was either this or an informal tap on the shoulder. For example, it's not uncommon for me to hear about video game news that I have to sit on until the public announcement; either because of an official embargo or because I was told it informally in confidence.

But oh well, it's out in the open now so it doesn't really matter. Although it was a trainwreck of a series, I might be tempted if it's affordable enough.

If they do release GOS on blu ray I will be quite torn. In one regards it will look better than the DVDs but then I think how much better the Japanese blu rays will look I want to save for those one day. It would be horrible if they used Kaze's masters with english subs because film 5,6 and 7 on the same disk-WTF!

Wonder what's taking Manga so long to announce The Last: Naruto the Movie; it had its US and Australian theatrical releases months ago. I'd quite like to see it on the big screen over here, though that's looking increasingly unlikely.

There's been no announcement that I'd consider buying, other than the possibility of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex which I would be all over. I've been enjoying Unlimited Blade Works on Crunchyroll but not enough to buy, and SAO II was a slog to get through.

Yami said:
Wonder what's taking Manga so long to announce The Last: Naruto the Movie; it had its US and Australian theatrical releases months ago. I'd quite like to see it on the big screen over here, though that's looking increasingly unlikely.

There's been no announcement that I'd consider buying, other than the possibility of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex which I would be all over. I've been enjoying Unlimited Blade Works on Crunchyroll but not enough to buy, and SAO II was a slog to get through.
Never mind The Last, I'm still waiting for Road to Ninja :p. Manga UK really do need to step up their game with the Naruto movies and yeah, they really did drop the ball by not having special screenings for The Last.

black1blade said:
If they do release GOS on blu ray I will be quite torn. In one regards it will look better than the DVDs but then I think how much better the Japanese blu rays will look I want to save for those one day. It would be horrible if they used Kaze's masters with english subs because film 5,6 and 7 on the same disk-WTF!

It depends entirely on the encoding, but there wouldn't be anything inherently wrong with putting 5, 6 and 7 on one 50GB Blu-Ray disc. It would be pushing it at 235 minutes of content, but Lawrence of Arabia is 227 minutes and is possibly the most stunning Blu-Ray release ever. Though only putting two films on a disc would certainly make it more comfortable and less likely to have compression artefacts.

Is there a possibility of a GOS Blu-Ray in the UK?

Joshawott said:
Never mind The Last, I'm still waiting for Road to Ninja :p. Manga UK really do need to step up their game with the Naruto movies and yeah, they really did drop the ball by not having special screenings for The Last.

True, but The Last is a special case in that it actually follows on from the anime/manga storyline where every other movie is entirely skippable. So there should be an incentive to get it out before those who have been following the manga find other means of seeing it. Maybe they'll make Road of Ninja exclusive to a complete Naruto movie box set? :wink:

Yami said:
Joshawott said:

True, but The Last is a special case in that it actually follows on from the anime/manga storyline where every other movie is entirely skippable. So there should be an incentive to get it out before those who have been following the manga find other means of seeing it. Maybe they'll make Road of Ninja exclusive to a complete Naruto movie box set? :wink:

Road to Ninja also had the direct involvement of Masashi Kishimoto if I remember correctly, so while it isn't as high a priority as The Last, I'd rank it as more important than the remaining ones (which I've yet to watch after how awful the first Shippuden movie was).

EDIT:
From the UK Anime Twitter:

MVM will look at following Anime Limited's lead in terms of Collector's Editions and offering something extra with home video releases.

Road to Ninja did indeed have Kishi on hand to help, but it still wasn't that great a film imo. The 3rd movie was easily the best. Yet to see Blood Prison (thanks to Manga deciding only to do the blu-ray in a boxset... grrr)

Hopefully The Last ends up at Scotland loves Anime or something. I'd be the first film in over 10 years I'd actually go and bother see at the cinema.

There are some great licenses coming from the UK. Excited for a lot of them!

Will Get:

MVM:
Love Live (Next year when we get the Blu-Ray)
Captain Earth
Flowers of Evil
Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Blade Works
Maid-sama (If Blu-Ray)
Outbreak Company (If Blu-Ray)
Muv-Luv Alternative (maybe - is it any good??)

I imagine a lot of the other shows will be DVD only (IE: Samurai Harem, Kampfer) I'm not a huge fan of slice of life nor boob shows, so will pass on most others (Perhaps if there are Blu-Rays I may consider a few if they were okay shows). I really like to support MVM, especially with their prospective collector's editions in future!

Anime Limited:
Aldnoah Zero
Durarara X2
Fuse
Sword Art Online II

Naturally they licensed all shows I like/want. (Did I not read they had 5 licenses or am I mistaken?)

AniManga:
Index / Railgun (I already own the Funi sets, but perhaps if they release all of it. Funi has gone quiet with the second season of Railgun on Blu-Ray)
Knights of Sidonia
Parasyte
Madoka Movies (yay!)
Golden Time (maybe - any good?)
Black Bullet (maybe)

(Seriously Manga - Hellsing please. I haven't picked up I-IV or V-VIII in case they do a complete Blu-Ray. Or if Funi get there first I'll buy theirs)

I wish I could get Toonzone's coverage up quicker. It's great to see that anime focussed sites get it up quickly, but between covering other panels, doing interviews and travelling to and from London our coverage takes that bit longer.

Am glad though that we're apparently getting more Gundam :) An American friend was going to help me order the rightstuf releases (they ask for too much personal info for me to want to risk it) so I'll be happy as a clam if I can avoid that and support the local market.

HellCat said:
Am glad though that we're apparently getting more Gundam :) An American friend was going to help me order the rightstuf releases (they ask for too much personal info for me to want to risk it) so I'll be happy as a clam if I can avoid that and support the local market.

Yeah, to be honest I was going to wait for them to appear on an Amazon UK marketplace company (like I did with the Unicorn DVD) but the "Gundam news in October" has made me halt and wait. I mean, if it is Turn-A and/or ZZ then I'll be over the moon, if it's not they'll still be there in America to import. I have already seen them, admittedly bad-quality fansubs on my PC, but that helps with the waiting.

Back