Muslims offended by picture of dog on police adverts

Well, the headlines were on daily mail. It's not a serious newspaper. In my opinion, by muslims they could be talking about one shop owner and his wife...
It reminds me of the Christians who were against gay marriage a couple months ago in California... (www.nosamesexmarriage.com) There are and will alway be stupid, ignorant, intolerant people in the world and all beliefs, skin colours etc.

Anyway, my point is, don't take any ******** the media feeds you.

Maxon said:
melonpan said:
And again Islam gets in the way of real life goings-on (I couldn't think of a better way to put it).
Fixed.

No, no, no. Don't try that; Islam should not be singled out as being worse than Christianity. Because it isn't. Christians were recently offended by a gay kiss in a mayonaise advert, and had that pulled down. They get offended just as often as Muslims do, so don't try to make Islam out to be a worse religion than Christianity, because they are both horrible plagues on society and are as bad as each other.

I'm muslim, and I don't find that pic offensive at all. I just think some muslims tend to be in their own world at times, thinking subtle things can be sins etc.

The Daily Mail is a carbon copy of the sun mind, i.e. shite. What was the journo's purpose of writing up such a non-story?....yeah thats right, to give another reason to lower muslims' status.

Personally I don't get touchy very easily with things to do with Islam. I'm very laid back when it comes to all this political ****. Lets just live ours ffs, and get on with each other without caring if we're muslim, jew or whatever?

Like chaos said, there are fools in every society, its just our job to not let them get to us and not create even more prejudice.

Polo said:
I'm muslim, and I don't find that pic offensive at all. I just think some muslims tend to be in their own world at times, thinking subtle things can be sins etc.

The Daily Mail is a carbon copy of the sun mind, i.e. shite. What was the journo's purpose of writing up such a non-story?....yeah thats right, to give another reason to lower muslims' status.

Personally I don't get touchy very easily with things to do with Islam. I'm very laid back when it comes to all this political ****. Lets just live ours ffs, and get on with each other without caring if we're muslim, jew or whatever?

Like chaos said, there are fools in every society, its just our job to not let them get to us and not create even more prejudice.

Thats a good point.
Everyone's so trivial now-a-days, religion seems to be the bane of most problems....the media realise this and fan the flames....but it shouldn't be, infact it sholdn't even matter.
there's wars 'in the name of a god' that
1 nobodies seen, if they have then their probably on something
2 when did their god tell them to kill? its known to all religions that killing is a sin, so how people think that their 'god' will clense them of one of the most important sin's is actually the stupidest thing i've ever heard.
3 religion shouldn't discriminate others, neither should it be paraded around.

The world will never be in equality (unless we all convert to budha's ;) )
but these pointless, trivial, squabbles are meaningless and really inappropriate. complaining over a advert with 2 gay people kissing is petty, complaining that a dog is "unclean" is plain moronic, any extremists in any religion are all put in the same boat. their all so holy book-bashing that they've lost sight of what all their religions are actually aiming for....peace.

Ryo Chan said:
I'm telling you

Buddism is the way

Not really. It's still an irrational belief in a 'god' of sorts. And the Dali Lama peddles the same anti-gay nonsense as all the other religions. If you think there's no such thing as a war based around Buddhism, then think again. All religions are as bad as each other, I'm afraid!

Buddhists who believe in a god are sort of failing at Buddhism, though, to put it irreverently. The Dali Lama only really applies to a particular ethnic/belief group within Buddhism. Sort of like how I refuse to acknowledge that President Bush's beliefs and "teachings" in any way mesh with my own :)

I only learned about Mahayana and Zen schools but it was impressed on me heavily that to regard any of the spiritual teachers as anything close to a god was a mistake and came between the individual and their pursuit of enlightenment. One of the core beliefs directly alludes to the Buddha spirit being present in every single person, Buddhist or not.

(I'm not Buddhist and never have been - just like being nosey).

Anyway I think that in general keeping religion well away from important decisions and laws is the only rational thing we can do. Too much old fashioned prejudice and silliness ingrained in organised religion to lap it up without really thinking about it for ourselves. Most of these problems seem to be due to nutters reading a few lines of contradictory religious doctrine, forgetting to switch their brain on and acting on it.

R

May I also note that the film 'Kingdom of heaven' was ban in a few Islamic/Musilum countries, mainly because the army of Saladin wore black and felt it was referring that their religion was evil.

When historically most the Musilums did wear black, for tatical reasons. For it camouflaged their numbers, making them hard to count and seem endless and the obvious night attack advantage. Also the fact the Saladin was eygptian, which would most likely mean he thought black was good and white was evil.

Quite silly how the leaders of their countries did not pick this up.

WalrusM3 said:
May I also note that the film 'Kingdom of heaven' was ban in a few Islamic/Musilum countries, mainly because the army of Saladin wore black and felt it was referring that their religion was evil.

What a shame, as the Kingdom of Heaven's real message was that it's the extremists (mainly christian in the film, to counterbalance the media focus on islamic extremists) that give any religion a bad name, and often for their own ends rather than any real faith. I liked that film.

Oh come on... Jesus Christ.

Muslim should learn that they cannot live their ways to the fullest in this country. This isn't an Islamic State... ITS A BRITISH STATE.

But here's a quote I found out from the English Transalation of the Quran.

'If you live with people who cannot practice the Monethiest religion (Islam) to the fullest, then you should move. In Islam, you must move to a Islamic Country where it's practice everyday'

If thats the case... WHY ARE THE **** ARE THEY IN BRITAIN. They should compromise as if they want to live in this country, then they should know that this is a Multi-cultural country.

Don't like it... Bye bye. In all my years... I am proud to not call myself a Muslim.

Tachi- said:
Gacha said:
Oh bollocks to this I'am offended by muslims being offended at every little thing.

I SECOND THAT!!

an im beginning to get seriously pissed off with their whole race.
they come over in droves, demand laws to be bent on the account of "its my religion" and they complain at every little thing!

Simple thing to them all is....not being racist, but if it all bothers you so much, **** off back to were you came from and leave us to our humble lives :twisted: pricks.

Just thinking about it. im making my own religion and gunna use a small place of worship (my dads shed) to preach. and i'll exclaim i have stupid rights, if its okay for them then its fuckin good enough for me too. and the best bit....i can't be deported :lol:

I third that.

Okay...maybe i wasnt detailed enough.
The asshole muslims that get offended by every little thing that slightly contradicts their belief in country primarily made up of other beliefs...**** off.

Ok, I kinda wish I never started this topic now since it just seems to be flaming almost blind hate towards Muslims. People calling them 'assholes' and telling them to '**** off' isn't what I intended to happen since I thought you know... well the posters were a little more mature on this forum than that. Like I said before my point was that I'm more annoyed that the police just did as they said for fear of not seeming to respect their belief. They can be offended all they like but it's up to our officials to decide where the line has to be drawn.

You make a valid point Sy...
But i can still be pissed off at the way our country deals with these sorts of people.
I'm happy with Muslims practicing their faith in the country but when it intrudes on everyday happenings like this its just out of hand.

Maltos said:
You make a valid point Sy...
But i can still be pissed off at the way our country deals with these sorts of people.
I'm happy with Muslims practicing their faith in the country but when it intrudes on everyday happenings like this its just out of hand.

Well i'm gonna have to make a complete 180 on the matter and ask do you know any muslims personally and do they constantly petition for britan to become little islam?

Back