Neon Genesis Evangelion Premium Collection (UK VERSION)

Well some times I get that impression too but I think its just them messing around. Which dose tick me off some times because most the time they dont give you much info on the anime just on them selfs.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
... and a guy talking about one of the angels being flying penis.
Freud would be "rolling" in his "grave"...

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Oh come on, she has a custom made plug suit! That's just creepy...
o_O it is slightly creepy... but then, most rather extreme fans creep me out a little...

It hasn't been confirmed or anything, but I get the impression this is going to get delayed. I'm normally okay with stuff like that, but when you consider the price and time this has been annouced for, a delay would, if you'll forgive the language, piss me off a great deal! :evil:

Thought I'd share that.

Just thought i'd say for £66.99, i could easily buy 3 US boxsets of Neon Genesis Platinum.

If paying an additional £40 for some weak extras is want you want then so be it.

Area88 I seriously hope you get banned or at least have posts like this made by you deleted. Keep your import propaganda to your own threads or better yet keep them to yourself and go post on a none UK anime forum.

Sorry if that counts as backseat moderation but he's starting to get on my tits.

Area88 said:
If paying an additional £40 for some weak extras is want you want then so be it.

If that's how you feel why comment to begin with (immature antagonism maybe?)?! Spare me the "freedom of speech" clichè too. There's been many, many times I wanted to comment on the forum about things I disagree with or dislike but didn't feel it was the place to do it. Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should.

Anyway, at least I can't be accused of not trying to help the UK's anime industry, unlike your counter productive, non-concession making attitude.

Oh, and yes, I am happy to pay "x" amount extra in regards to anime in the UK. Why? Simply because it is one of the only business activities in the United Kingdom that I like to support in order for the "greater good" and future development of the industry within our (yes - our! You read that right! That's assuming you are from the UK to begin with of course.) domestic territory.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Sorry if that counts as backseat moderation but he's starting to get on my tits.

Ditto.

I can't understand why Area88 doesn't go on a global anime forum. It bamboozles me. He's the kind of internet forum entity that can put a guy (or gal) off.

P.S. By the way, I have absolutely nothing against some one who imports (I think there are points were people don't have a choice) but I do think its important to strike a balance. I think that's a fair assessment on the situation. :)

I know by encouraging Area88 I am probably reacting exactly as how he wanted me to begin with, but I feel that I may as well reply and “play ballâ€

Hovis! said:
It hasn't been confirmed or anything, but I get the impression this is going to get delayed.

Back on topic thanks to that unecessary diversion (I hope that's the last of the matter) I'm happy to say I was mistaken - it hasn't been delayed. Juat waiting for Play.com to dispatch it, as every other process at time of writing is complete. :D

And yes! I may be spending more (debatably substantially more) on this UK release, but I'm happy to do so seeing as I've only expereinced the series once before (minus the Director's Cut material) and that the extra dosh is an injection into our own lagging behind industry.

That's my reasoning anyway, and I think that's fair, particulary that I know what I'm doing. :D

Ordered mine from Play on Sunday night. ( Um-ed and ah-ed for ages over getting it, then finally gave in. ) :twisted:

They posted it yesterday and it arrived this morning. :shock:

I've never had a parcel from Play that took less than 3 days before. :shock: :D

My only niggle is, disk one is covered in sodding great scratches, and I havn't had a chance to test if it still plays yet. :(

Still... Nice tin though.

-Edit-

Roadie said:
... hope its still around for christmas.

I've read that they're only supposed to be making 2000 of them, so the chances are a bit slim. You never know though as most people that want the series would probably already have it anyway.

Came in the post this morning, it was only dispatched yesterday, I had ordered it from Play.com so not bad service for free delivery. As far as I can tell (I havn't had a chance to look properly yet) there are no scratches on mine, always a plus. This was one of the first series that got me into anime so ive been looking forward to this for a while, I'm sure I won't be the only one having an Eva marathon in the next few days :D. Ive taken a couple of photos for people but the quality's not amazing (seems my camera skills are lacking somewhat ^_^) anyway if you want them they're there in a completely random order (accompanied by nice zoomey effects for your viewing pleasure) at the url below.

http://img96.imageshack.us/slideshow/pl ... 37gam.smil

Nice slide show. Found it very relaxing which is good as I'm feeling slightly worse for wear this morning after a few beers last night. It looks like a very nice package and certainly worth the sixty odd quid.

My copy has arrived too but I've got to wait until Christmas day to watch it. I wish Jesus had been born a few weeks prematurely!

harkins said:
My copy has arrived too but I've got to wait until Christmas day to watch it. I wish Jesus had been born a few weeks prematurely!
Technically he was born around the end of October, IIRC...

Anyway, got the series in its nice shiny box through the post, no problems, and watched the first 2 disks - I decided I'd watch it slowly this time rather than marathoning it all in one go.
It's been a while since I last watched it, and now I've seen a lot more anime it's interesting to watch the series in a new light, as it were. Certainly I'm more able to pick out the flaws some people find with it, like the slow pacing and fragmented plot, but I'm noticing more as well the development of the characters and how different this is from all the shows I've seen since...

Ramadahl said:
harkins said:
Technically he was born around the end of October, IIRC...

I convinced my folks last night that I should be allowed to examine the set just in case it was damaged in any way. It really is a nice set. So now I'll try and convince them that it's technically already Xmas!!

Ramadahl said:
I decided I'd watch it slowly this time rather than marathoning it all in one go.

I'm gonna stretch it out too. Think I’ll limit myself to 2 or three episodes a day. Don't think I've excitedly anticipated anything like this in ages!

In responce to Hovis' comments, i would like to say why i prefer the US anime market over the UK.

Hovis you have come up with some very good possible logical reasons such as business interests and underground elitism. However niether apply to me especially the latter because i want to see anime popularity grow since it means proportionally we get more anime to choose from and socially more fans to share it with.

However i would rather see the US market grow stronger rather than the UK market. The UK market will never be as big as the US market due to the population size and limited geographical space. The UK market also depends on the US market for it's licensing so the UK is therefore a sub license market.

Therefore i put all my cards in the larger jackpot - the US market. If i want to see more obscure series like Dirty Pair tv or Legend of the Galatic Heroes get a english subtitled release then the best way i can increase my chance of owning them on dvd would be to directly fund their future licensing through the purchasing of th current US anime releases.

I've waited 3 years for ADV UK to release some of their more vintage shows like Aura Dunbine and Dirty Pair: Project Eden but not even a whisper of a release.

Plus there are other benefits of importing:

Save money
NTSC format - (no poor NTSC to Pal conversiosn that plague UK releases)
More Extras and Art Boxes (less important than the other two).

So how do i benefit from others importing? Well apart knowing that their helping fund the grow of the US anime industry and increasing chances of seeing an X Y or Z anime series being licensed. Also it's nice to know that people are geting higher quality products (no ntsc to pal conversions) and more value for money.

Back