Neon Genesis Evangelion Premium Collection (UK VERSION)

Area88, I do understand your reason and your points about importing from the US, but you aswell have got to understand why people want to buy from the UK. Also think about the UK market, if the UK market never exisited, then there may not be many Anime fans in the UK today. Think about non-Anime fans, if they just got into Anime and want to buy Anime DVD's, they obviously would want to buy a UK release first before they decide where they want to buy their other releases. If people want to spend more money on DVD's in the UK then it's not your problem, so please stop ranting on how you want the whole of the UK people to buy from the US. Sorry if this is flaming you or something, but I find it getting annoying.

Anyway to be back on topic the NGE;Platinum boxset is avaliable at Virgin megastores for £74.99. It's not as cheap as play.com or other sites, but it's for the people who doesn't prefer to buy online.

Area88, I've decided not to bother continuing this debate because its futile. You're not going to convince me, and I'm not going to convince you (not in any diplomatic context anyway).

You do what you like, all I ask if that you just stop trying to influence peoples purchasing habits to conform with your own and understand most of us know what were doing and don't need people "suggesting" to us how we should spend our money (I like people to point out a bargain here and there, but not what market I should invest my money into - there's enough of that going on in global affairs, we don't need anymore on a UK Anime forum for goodness sake).

Pretty please with sugar on top? Thanks.

Back on-topic with that unecessary diversion (where's all the humility gone!) but is it true that more money was spent on the Platinum editions of NGE (all the tinkering with the sound and picture and all that) than making the series from scratch?

Just pre-order the set today, but won't get till that special day in december. Have some money left and was thinking of getting my hands of the "End of Evangelion". Something like £14, is it worth it? Came out in 2002 in uk, there aren't any other versions going under development are there? (ignoring the live action films, which I don't think are based on EoE anyway).

Hovis! said:
Back on-topic with that unecessary diversion (where's all the humility gone!) but is it true that more money was spent on the Platinum editions of NGE (all the tinkering with the sound and picture and all that) than making the series from scratch?

Oooh, that's a good question but I wouldn't think so.

Did anyone pre-order from HMV as the avaibilty of it states 3-5 day and my order status states that it's on order, should I be worried?

Roadie said:
Have some money left and was thinking of getting my hands of the "End of Evangelion". Something like £14, is it worth it? Came out in 2002 in uk, there aren't any other versions going under development are there? (ignoring the live action films, which I don't think are based on EoE anyway).

If you look around, you should be able to pick-up a copy of End Of Evangelion for about £8.

When I got mine I got in HMV for £8. Had it for ages but haven't gotten around to watching it. This was before I watched the TV series by the way. :)

Yeah, I was scouting around today because amazon had 1 left in stock and play were out, saw HMV and they got quite a couple of things for nice prices, but the range isn't the best. Picked up EoE for £7.99 and saw Death and rebirth for the same price, so I got that too.
I watch all these things and give it time I will forget about it, but I keep going back to evangelion, it really is a nice work.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, I just had a question to ask about this collection.

I just finished the series and was watching the animatic for episode 25, but the animatic isn't episode 25
(It's too short, and nothing from the animatic is in the episode)
I was wondering if anyone knew where the animatic was from because its bugging me?
Thanks in advance

Back