New anime shows starting this weekend

Bored of New Year TV? Starting this Saturday 5th January, Anime Central will be airing new shows including s-Cry-ed, Witch Hunter Robin and Mobile Suit Gundam Seed. The shows will start from 9pm in the evening, with repeats running until 6am the following morning.
21.00 - s-Cry-ed
21.30 - Gundam Seed
22.00 - Fullmetal Alchemist
22.30 - Planetes
23.00 - Witch Hunter Robin
23.30 - Transformers Victory

FMA yet again? -___- That make's it what the 5th time it's shown in the UK surley they can find somthing else to show? As for Planetes being shown again.. meh at least that hasn't been shown to death already..
I'm just wondering what they will show after this block finishes.. My bets are on Trigun, Eureka Seven and Samurai Champloo being shown by AC at some point.

As said above, FMA being shown all the time is starting to get old. I just wonder how long it'll take for those people to start dubbing the rest of Bleach so we get it back.

Gah, Wolf's Rain never finished its second airing due to the crappy "Holiday Re-runs". I'm annoyed and stuck on episode 21 till then. I'll either have to buy the Anime Essentials M-Lock which seem pretty decent or wait for a third airing. Stupid filler episodes as well... I'm hoping they were the filler-recap episodes they were airing after the marathons otherwise me and sky both have been illinformed.

I'm still quite unsure about this S-cry-ed show, it seems like the kinda thing that would appeal to me, but its so much hassle and the recordings build up because I never get a chance to watch the show on the day of airing. Its ridculous. Mecha also bores me stupid, I've heard good things from Seed but I don't think I'll watch it and lastly with Witch Hunter Robin, It looks snazzy But I don't think I'll be watching it on AnimeCentral this time around.

I'm happy that Planetes is getting another airing, Now I can just randomly watch it whenever I get the chance -when it airs- The same goes for Fullmetal as well really. Just not as much as Planetes.

Should try and give s-Cry-ed a go as it is the first show on, may be also give Gundam a go even though I am not really a fan.

Urgh, FMA -_-. And everyone on the AC forum site seem to be happy about FMA coming on again.

But can't wait for Witch Hunter Robin =D

Im looking forward to S-Cry-ed and Witch Hunter Robin but why are AC givng WHR a later showing, why carnt they show all the new shows first then the repeats?

Jayme said:
I'm still quite unsure about this S-cry-ed show, it seems like the kinda thing that would appeal to me, but its so much hassle and the recordings build up because I never get a chance to watch the show on the day of airing. Its ridculous.

s-CRY-ed was directed by the same guy as Planetes, though they're totally different breeds. Apparently, s-CRY-ed is extremely over-the-top, and it knows it, but I can't personally recommend it because I haven't seen it either.

I'll give s-cry-ed a go (have to wait for the midnight showing though, since i don't have current control of the tv) witch huner robin...it hasn't got my intrest but i might as well watch a couple of eps, not sure about repeating fma and planetes again. Shame they didn't go the extra mile and got another two new shows to make it an all new line up barring Victory of course

Just watched s-Cryed and Gundam. Even though I am not really a Gundam fan (why do military mechs need to look like a colour blind kid chose the colour scheme) from what I saw I think I will give it a go.

s-Cry-ed got me realising why I hate to watch anime on TV, I am just too impatiant and one episode is not enough. I will give s-Cry-ed a couple more episodes an if I like what I see I would not bet against myself buying the box set before it is half way through.

Dracos said:
Just watched s-Cryed and Gundam. Even though I am not really a Gundam fan (why do military mechs need to look like a colour blind kid chose the colour scheme) from what I saw I think I will give it a go.

s-Cry-ed got me realising why I hate to watch anime on TV, I am just too impatiant and one episode is not enough. I will give s-Cry-ed a couple more episodes an if I like what I see I would not bet against myself buying the box set before it is half way through.

Hehe, you pretty much summed up how I feel about it all.

Witch Hunter Robin looks like it could be good too, although it's a bit early to tell about any of them really just yet.

I dont really like this current line up but i do like Witch Hunter Robin but im a little disappointed in all the other new stuff. But Anime central said they are planning to show monster subbed somtime this year so im looking forward to that.

Sammy said:
I dont really like this current line up but i do like Witch Hunter Robin but im a little disappointed in all the other new stuff. But Anime central said they are planning to show monster subbed somtime this year so im looking forward to that.

Source (as in a direct URL to the comment in question)? If this is indeed true, I'll be both amazed and elated. Picking up an unlicensed anime like this and airing it subtitled would be a massive step forward, especially since Monster is better than anything in that line-up right now.

Monster? Don't screw around with me! If this is true that's fantastic!

Also huzzah for Witch Hunter Robin. One of my favourite shows.

Off Topic Somewhat

I mentioned this on the IRC channel earlier and I didn't want to create a new thread just for it, and since this is relating to Anime on TV I thought I might as well put it here. Anyhow... The anecdote.

I was watching Digimon on Jetix earlier, thought it was an immense experience, I have a feeling it was Digimon Tamers... Thats besides the point.. In the advert, They were advertising the anime they have (Shaman King, Bo^7, Naruto and Viewtiful Joe) as a Anime block. I was shocked because they used the term anime. They've named the block the "AwesomEST Anime" which; isn't a great name but still. THEY CALLED IT ANIME.

Back