New anime shows starting this weekend

Sorry should have said that that i found out after reading the latest issue of NEO (pg 13) were Mark Buchanan said " We will subtitle Monster and get it on the air, we will keep pokemon of the air, and we will go 24 hours a day, 7 days a week"

Sammy said:
Sorry should have said that that i found out after reading the latest issue of NEO (pg 13) were Mark Buchanan said " We will subtitle Monster and get it on the air, we will keep pokemon of the air, and we will go 24 hours a day, 7 days a week"

o__o Damn, I had to check it for myself...

Well, i'm now more excited than ever before, it'd be great to see AC go 24 hours, and also have Monster!

Jayme said:
Off Topic Somewhat

I mentioned this on the IRC channel earlier and I didn't want to create a new thread just for it, and since this is relating to Anime on TV I thought I might as well put it here. Anyhow... The anecdote.

I was watching Digimon on Jetix earlier, thought it was an immense experience, I have a feeling it was Digimon Tamers... Thats besides the point.. In the advert, They were advertising the anime they have (Shaman King, Bo^7, Naruto and Viewtiful Joe) as a Anime block. I was shocked because they used the term anime. They've named the block the "AwesomEST Anime" which; isn't a great name but still. THEY CALLED IT ANIME.

even more shocking, they kept fighting dreamers in japanese for naruto :O

Sammy said:

YES! YES! YES! Monster if effing awesome. This is a real step foward for the anime industry! Take that America.

J_C_X said:
Sammy said:

YES! YES! YES! Monster if effing awesome. This is a real step foward for the anime industry! Take that America.

Meanwhile Primeminister Jeremy Clarkson has solved all the Imergration problems and brought an era of world peace

Ryo Chan said:
J_C_X said:
Sammy said:

Meanwhile Primeminister Jeremy Clarkson has solved all the Imergration problems and brought an era of world peace

Monster is quite simply one of the best shows I've ever seen, and I'm a Sopranos, Dexter and The Wire nut (I actually put it in this bracket of quality).

The America refrence is towards adult swim US while we are still behind America and probably will be for while yet picking up a series like Monster unlicensed and subbed wouldn't happen in America and it's far to mature for CN America. I really hope Animecentral launch a Seinen block.

Even if CN picked up Monster it would be edited for content and to remain unedited would mean that Showtime or HBO would have to pick it up.

Can anyone scan / snap this article in NEO and get it online? Just I'm having trouble understanding the context of these statements; are they officially saying that they are going to air Monster, or is just wishful thinking?

Not Monster, But more relating to the thread itself. Redgore scanned in the Haruhi advertisement for us on the IRC earlier. Just thought I'd share with you lot who haven't got the mag yet. By the looks of it, we on the IRC decided its probably going to be a Revelation release.

Click Here for Haruhi picture, Large file

To do Monster on AC, That quote previously given sounded a lot like he was just saying we are planning on showing epitome of anime rather then dwelling on the little child-like shows and be stuck in the kids section.

I'd say it's pretty much impossible to think that they have the rights to Monster, and that they're going to show it subtitled.

Unless they've somehow got the rights from Viz... I'd put money on this not happening.

EDIT: Just read the post above, not having Neo to check I'll just have to take it from the quote... That is certainly interesting!

melonpan said:
I'd say it's pretty much impossible to think that they have the rights to Monster, and that they're going to show it subtitled.

Unless they've somehow got the rights from Viz... I'd put money on this not happening.

EDIT: Just read the post above, not having Neo to check I'll just have to take it from the quote... That is certainly interesting!

Monster hasn't been licensed yet has it? I'm sure that it has aired in France but anywhere else not to sure maybe Italy.

J_C_X said:
Monster hasn't been licensed yet has it? I'm sure that it has aired in France but anywhere else not to sure maybe Italy.
Well, it's certainly licensed for DVD release in France, and from ANN it looked like maybe Spain and the Netherlands were on the way at least.
Aren't there separate licences for doing a tv showing and a dvd release? I thought there were... if that was the case, they could just be looking at the former?

Geez, if they do manage to show it on UK tv, it'll be awesome, but also kinda odd - I was always so sure it'd never be shown/released in the UK. But then, I was always sure that Beck and Full Moon wo Sagashite would never get licenced outside of Japan. Clearly, my predictions suck ^^;

It says in the Neo magazine;
Mark Buchanan had plenty of resolutions for TV channel Anime Central. In 2008, he promised: "To be less selfish - we're going to try and stop keeping all the cool anime stuff to ourselves! We will subtitle Monster and get it on air, we will keep Pokemon off the air and we will go 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Also, everyone at Anime Central will spend atleast Friday afternoons dressed in cosplay."

That is the EXACT words in Neo magazine, and since I haven't got a scanner I had to type it out.

Edit: Oh, and at the bottum of the page it says in the "HOT & NOT" section; MONSTER. Whilst Anime Central promises to show it, there's still no news of an actual date for VIZ Media anime series Monster.

He's "promising" it, lets just hope he keeps to his promise which hopefully AC will!

i'm pretty sure somewhere on AC way back before it was launched, they admited it was just a joke

but hey, u want to be Leon Jackson and "belive in miracles" more power to you :wink:

J_C_X said:
melonpan said:

It's as good as licensed, as well as Hunter x Hunter.

I think it's worth while to say that all Shounen Jump-esque series have been licensed by Viz, or at least all of the series that ShoPro/Shogakukan (Viz' parent companies) hold the Japanese license to. (Unless another company is specifially going after a title (such as Black Cat, One Piece etc)

The NATPE listing: ( http://www.natpe.org/conference/exhibit ... K$$7YmVw** ) (stupid BB code, sorry, have to add the asterisks') for Viz is a strong indication of the license. Honey and Clover was on the list before it was properly 'licensed' by Viz as well I think. (Probably along with some other titles.. I'm not really sure).

Ash said:
Mark Buchanan had plenty of resolutions for TV channel Anime Central. In 2008, he promised: "To be less selfish - we're going to try and stop keeping all the cool anime stuff to ourselves! We will subtitle Monster and get it on air, we will keep Pokemon off the air and we will go 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Also, everyone at Anime Central will spend atleast Friday afternoons dressed in cosplay."

That is the EXACT words in Neo magazine, and since I haven't got a scanner I had to type it out.

Edit: Oh, and at the bottum of the page it says in the "HOT & NOT" section; MONSTER. Whilst Anime Central promises to show it, there's still no news of an actual date for VIZ Media anime series Monster.

He's "promising" it, lets just hope he keeps to his promise which hopefully AC will!

Is it just me or does what he said sound a little bit sarcastic? Maybe it's a joke? It was going fine until he said about the cosplay. I'm sure that's just a joke, but to me it just seems a little bit out of place, especially after saying such an odd thing as showing Monster subtitled...

Paul said:
Can anyone scan / snap this article in NEO and get it online? Just I'm having trouble understanding the context of these statements; are they officially saying that they are going to air Monster, or is just wishful thinking?

From the way I read it there are no official plans of now to get it on the air its more of a goel for the year, but i could be wrong.

Ash said:

I can quite believe Mark would do what he can to keep his promises, albeit they might sound strange/sarcastic. He's an alright guy.

Sammy said:
Paul said:

From the way I read it there are no official plans of now to get it on the air its more of a goel for the year, but i could be wrong.

It's a admirable goal, Monster is a series which could really turn heads.

I'd rather see it on digital terrestrial but I'm not going to complain as long as it's on UK tv.

Back