New Member :]

Rakuen

School Idol
Hey everyone :]

My name is Kayleigh, I'm 24 *feels old* and I've been a huge anime fan for quite awhile now. A few of my favourites are:
Wolf's Rain, Elfen Lied, Death Note, Haibane Renmei, Chrono Crusade, SE: Lain, Last Exile, Cowboy Bebop, FMA, Naruto, Kanon, Code Geass, xxxHolic, Black Cat, Darker Than Black, Witch Hunter Robin, Hell Girl, InuYasha, Tsubasa and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ^^

I also dabble in manga, though (sadly) my collection is quite small.

Other than the obvious anime addiction, I love music, mainly rock/alt music, but overall my taste is pretty varied.
I'm also into gaming (PS3/PSP/PS2) and my favourite all time game is probably Ico (Can't wait for The Last Guardian!!)
I also love Asian cinema, blue hair dye, Camilla d'Errico's art, piercings, tattoos, sarcasm, chopsticks, writing, drawing, and my pets ^^

Hope to see you all around the forum :wink:

You're old... and I'm not far behind. TT_TT
And those are a few of your select favourites? Much be a hell of a collection. ;) Either way, welcome to the group. Nice selection of anime too.

I also dabble in manga, though (sadly) my collection is quite small.

Welcome to the club 8B

I find that there's always two sides to this coin here. I, myself love to get boxsets off anime so that there are complete sets tidily on my shelf, though when new sets come out they can be pretty expensive ranging from £30-40 for a couple dozen episodes. Best bet is to wait it out till an "alternative" version comes out, course by then anything can happen like company disbandment, out of print etc.
Manga is a better solution since it's more to the source, well nine sixteenths at least, with an easy to afford price budget. It then becomes awkward when there's 26 or more volumes to collect unless if you buy it as a batch.
Nevertheless anime works in favour as a attainable asset since you can always get back as much as pay for it, if not more when it's discontinued. That and RPG's genre gaming, I'm sure my .hack must hold some value

Bloody whipper-snappers always calling themselves old.

<--- *is 25*

Welcome to the forums, though, and I hope your time here is enjoyable.

Good afternoon to you.
Out of morbid interest, have you ever tried writing or drawing with chopsticks? It'd kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. (Not that I advocate the killing of birds however; for all I know you may keep them as pets.)

Thanks for all the welcomes, crisps and the sword :D

Chaz = Yep, that is a few select favourites. I didn't intend to write so many, but I got a little bit carried away lol ><

I agree Otaku-san. I also suffer with lack of space, which is another reason I end up swaying towards anime, as the sets tend to take up alot less space. I would ideally love to have alot more manga though :]

Zin5ki = No, but now I want to try it :p

G'day and welcome to the forums. More fans of Darker than Black are most welcome here. Which reminds me, i need to check to see when the last OVA becomes available, damned awesome series.

What manga do you have in your small, but i expect, growing collection?

Welcome Rakuen to AUKN! :D

Looking at your list of anime, you will have no problem discussing your favourite animes. I'm sure I'll see you here and abouts on AUKN to discuss some entertaining subjects . ;¬)

Oh, and don't worry about the age thing. I'm 26, Chaos is in his 60's and Tachi's 10. We have all ages here. :p

Voddas said:
Welcome Rakuen to AUKN! :D

Looking at your list of anime, you will have no problem discussing your favourite animes. I'm sure I'll see you here and abouts on AUKN to discuss some entertaining subjects . ;¬)

Oh, and don't worry about the age thing. I'm 26, Choas is in his 60's and Tachi's 10. We have all ages here. :p

He is? Wow, I'm suitably impressed =)

Rakuen said:
Hey everyone :]

I'm also into gaming (PS3/PSP/PS2) and my favourite all time game is probably Ico (Can't wait for The Last Guardian!!)

!!!

It's rare to find someone who has actually played and can actually appreciate the game. Welcome.

In my sorry looking collection of manga, I have the full set of Rozen Maiden, a few volumes of Chibi Vampire and Chrono Crusade, and the first volumes of Wolf's Rain, Hell Girl & Life -- I really should finish off all my collections before I start getting new ones :roll:

Good to know I'm at least not the oldest on here, Voddas :wink:

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Nooo Dave needs plenty of sun or he'll wither and die!
Do you need watering too? If so, I think that might be too much responsibility for little old me :p

Thanks for the welcome Lupus, great to find someone else who likes that game!! ^^

One question how do I multi-quote, I only seem to manage to get one quote in replies? :oops:

Back