Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adventureland, 9/10.

Been meaning to get around to watching this for the past few weeks and finally did and it was fantastic. It's probably wrong to say its a comedy, since its more of a straight-forward drama/coming-of-age/romance thing. It occasionally felt like a John Hughes movie with some modern-day (even though its set in the '80s) humor. The pacing is completely different to everything else out right now and the characters just feel real because of it.

Loved it.

CitizenGeek said:
The Matrix Revolutions: 7/10. I enjoyed it, but it is pretty passable. The sequels to the original Matrix really don't come close to matching the originals' greatness.

Aion said:
Shutter: 7.5-8/10

I'm always on the look out for good horror movies (and critics, for whatever reason, never, ever like horror films of any kind), so thanks for brining this to my attention :]

In case you're wondering, I was referring to the Korean attempt from 2004; not the '08 American copy.

------

Death Wish: 7-7.5/10

A dark and entertaining enough story, ruined by stiff acting. Despite the lead having his wife killed and his daughter turned into a veg, he never changed emotionally, his crusade against scum coming across like something he did for fun rather than an act of vengence.

District 9: 8.9/10 FANTASTIC! Large amount of action, nice story where the main character doesnt always do the nice/right thing and great direction. Love the armour suit!

Over this weekend I watched,
Space Chimps 4/10 Back ground noise at most. Not a lot I can really say about this. Mite have just been the mood I was in at the time but I just didn't like it. An the upside, I do remember nearly smiling at one point.

Roel Models 8/10 Watched this on Saturday over a pizza. I laughed my **** off in places. There are a few geeky jokes that some may not get but it's an easy choice for anyone who fancies a good comedy.

Ice Age 3 7/10 Good film. Not as good as the first but better than the second. Once again they out did themselves with the cgi. Looked awesome and it kept me very entertained. No where near a let down.

The Island - 8/10

Great movie, don't know why I haven't seen it until now, the only problem with me is some of the dialogue when it comes to comedy, took the serious tone out of the movie a little. The ending also, I didn't know how it would end, but I think I would have liked it a little more on a tragic note myself.

Lupus said:
The Island - 8/10

Great movie, don't know why I haven't seen it until now, the only problem with me is some of the dialogue when it comes to comedy, took the serious tone out of the movie a little. The ending also, I didn't know how it would end, but I think I would have liked it a little more on a tragic note myself.
I know exactly what you mean. It made the story feel abit off with the whole happy ending. A sad ending would have rounded the story off imo.

The Mist - 7/10
I know most who've seen this movie would disagree but I enjoyed the movie. It totally took on that classic B horror movie status in my eyes. The story line was more far fetched than normal. People going crazy, being slaughtered, blood and guts. It was quite funny actually. The main praise to this film goes to the ending. It was genius. It was so harsh it was comical.
:thumb:

Surrogates, 5/10.

Average robot sci-fi. It felt like I, Robot at times but wasn't as good. Predictable but impressed with Bruce Willis' little screentime. Probably not worth the £6.50 I paid to see it.

Tropic Thunder, 5.5/10.

This had the same flaw as Surrogates. It felt waaaaay longer than it was. TT didn't understand what it wanted to be. It kinda worked as a satire, but then it became a action movie that occasionally became self-aware then carried on with it. Haven't seen such a confused movie in a while. Tom Cruise and Bill Hader stole the movie.

Surrogates: 7/10 - Decent action flick with a knack of making all the surrogates hit the uncanny valley head on. A little predictable but otherwise a pleasant way to spend 90 minutes.

Friday watched,

Day Watch - Region B blu-ray 8/10

Saturday watched,

Night Watch - region B blu-ray 7/10

The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King 9/10

My Bloody Valentine 3D - 8/10

Really, really awesome movie. It's very trashy and totally overboard but it works very well and it becomes surprisingly clever and exciting towards the end. Highly recommended for fans of true horror.

CitizenGeek said:
My Bloody Valentine 3D - 8/10

Really, really awesome movie. It's very trashy and totally overboard but it works very well and it becomes surprisingly clever and exciting towards the end. Highly recommended for fans of true horror.

Wow, every other person I know who went to see this gave it a 4 or less

I don't know, I guess I was just in the right mood for watching it. It was very entertaining, anyway, and pretty scary too which is all that matters in a horror film IMO. Also, My Bloody Valentine 3D has received mixed (leaning to generally positive) reviews by and large as far as I know, which is different to most horror movies which receive overwhelmingly negative reviews.

Pandora - 5/10

Space disaster film. Suspenseful. I've seen far better in it category. Has its twists and turns but has so many happenings and flaws that just don't make sense. Starts out looking very good. Turns out just ok.

SuperBad - 9/10

Seen it before and it's still very very funny stuff.

I had my doubts, but Up is probably the best film I've seen this year. It was clearly a sign when the hero and villain share my first and middle name. I'd like to post in my usual way "**** WAS SO CASH" and so forth, but this movie... deserves my respect. Within minutes you get emotionally attached to the characters, I laughed with them and (nearly) cried with them. It's just so... meaningful, I was actually thinking "Man, would that happen to me when I'm as old as him?" When the dogs chased Kevin that was the moment I realized the music was amazing. Also not sure if I got the right message or not but when Carl went to get back Kevin he threw out all of belongings which were basically his memories of all his time with his wife, then while trying to save Kevin in the room full of dinosaurs Charles destroyed all the memories of his entire life's work. The film gets a very deserving 9/10. The ONLY problem I had with the entire movie was... where did he get the balloons from?

Oh and it was kind of funny when the short came on with the clouds giving the stork babies and some guy in the audience just said "What the ****?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back