The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Put an order in for Future Diary (Funimation version), pretty good deal really getting all episodes in 1 set rather than having to buy it over 2 sets as they would probably have done if not for the delayed BD release.

msgeek said:
Bit of a strange one... I just ordered baka and test S2 LE from Amazon CA (actual amazon not a marketplace seller). It was listed as one left in stock. Looking at the price history it looks like it went available on Wednesday. Came to about £37 but will get duty on that... It's still listed as available with more stock arriving on Jun 29th... Whether or not it is an error and if I'll actually ever get anything I don't know but I thought I'd take a shot at it for that price...

Can't work out why such a thing would happen, aside from someone discovering a bunch in a warehouse somewhere that had previously been forgotten or something...

Thanks for pointing that out. I have just also ordered a copy.

Rosencrantz said:
Put an order in for Future Diary (Funimation version), pretty good deal really getting all episodes in 1 set rather than having to buy it over 2 sets as they would probably have done if not for the delayed BD release.

Same,for me though it came down to 4 factors

1.It's Kaze
2.Likely Delays
3.2 parts
4.Funi's cheaper

KevinB said:
msgeek said:
Bit of a strange one... I just ordered baka and test S2 LE from Amazon CA (actual amazon not a marketplace seller). It was listed as one left in stock. Looking at the price history it looks like it went available on Wednesday. Came to about £37 but will get duty on that... It's still listed as available with more stock arriving on Jun 29th... Whether or not it is an error and if I'll actually ever get anything I don't know but I thought I'd take a shot at it for that price...

Can't work out why such a thing would happen, aside from someone discovering a bunch in a warehouse somewhere that had previously been forgotten or something...

Interestingly enough the price has now gone back up into the hundreds... And it does not look like amazon.ca are selling it themselves again. My order still says due to ship tomorrow so I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

Was at Sunnycon over the weekend and brought the following:

* Blue Exorcist, Vol. 1-10, second hand.
* Accel World, Novel 2.
* Sword Art Online, Fairy Dance, Novel 3.
* The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 8.
* Sailor Moon, Series 1, Part 1 DVD.

msgeek said:
KevinB said:
msgeek said:

Interestingly enough the price has now gone back up into the hundreds... And it does not look like amazon.ca are selling it themselves again. My order still says due to ship tomorrow so I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

Well it's actually now showing as shipped. Still quite shocked and won't 100% believe it until I see it but I guess the likelihood that this actually happened just went up.

msgeek said:
Well it's actually now showing as shipped. Still quite shocked and won't 100% believe it until I see it but I guess the likelihood that this actually happened just went up.

Mine is showing as shipped well as, and it was hit by customs. DHL sent a text message to my land line to inform me of this, and I managed to pay it via their website. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow, as it took less than a day to go from Canada to the UK.

KevinB said:
msgeek said:

Mine is showing as shipped well as, and it was hit by customs. DHL sent a text message to my land line to inform me of this, and I managed to pay it via their website. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow, as it took less than a day to go from Canada to the UK.

Yeah I got hit £18 by customs. The DHL website says out for delivery so should show up today. I'll take a photo and post it the the stuff that arrived today thread if it does.

msgeek said:
KevinB said:
msgeek said:

Yeah I got hit £18 by customs. The DHL website says out for delivery so should show up today. I'll take a photo and post it the the stuff that arrived today thread if it does.

It was £18 for me as well. The last update on mine was the customs. Looking forward to seeing the photo.

It gets weirder... it's shown up on an amazon US marketplace seller for $48.47 and they are a Canadian seller. Comes to about £32 + £9.86 shipping. They ship internationally. Potential for a bargain if anyone else is still after the Baka and Test S2 LE. Don't know how customs would work out from them but it's like someone has discovered a secret Canadian warehouse stash or something.

Picked up Embracing Love omnibus 1, Alice in Murderland 1 for me yesterday, and the Batmanga for my friend's birthday present. A friend also took me to a foreign language bookstore where I picked up 3 random manga volumes in Japanese for 50p each.

Ordered the second One Piece Box Set. I was originally supposed to get this out of my Birthday and Christmas money but never got any of it so my family's trying to catch up.

Bakemonogatari (Blu-Ray)-£14.80
Nisemonogatari (Blu-Ray)-£13.40

I have no idea why Monogatari prices have dropped so much recently but God damn, I'm not complaining.

Back