The General Conversation Area

Stuart-says-yes said:
Ryo Chan said:
Stuart-says-yes said:
A new puppy congrats tachi-, I hope you enjoy the new addition to your household.

Anyway, how is everyone this morning?
I have surgery in an hour, apparently only 5 in 1,000,000 die of anesthetics, I don't like those odd's.

with the way my tooth is atm, i'l take a 1000 in 1,000,000 chance and do it

and if i do die, atleast i don't have to work longer for a smaller pension lol

wow, whats wrong with your tooth if your that desperate to get rid of it?

Umm, thanks everyone... I survived, obviously, its just I've never had an anesthetic of any sort before, and its kind of scary because you can't control whats going on in your body for that hour, but in the end everything went well, except that the hour I slept for was the worst hours sleep I've ever had, when I woke up, I was dizzy and my sinuses were blocked.

the fact that there's not much of a tooth left is the issue ;)

*shudders*

I hate dentists! Or should I say, I hate people poking around my mouth with a sharp object. =B

Glad to see, hear, that your surgery went well Stu! The last time I went under was when I had all my back teeth pulled when I was younger. I seem to remember waking up with blocked sinuses also.

What was the operation for? (if you want to say of course)

It's Friday people! I'm so fricking glad I'm getting two days off now. Been a long one. I'm tired today too... although I didn't get to bed till 3.00 so it's my own fault. Had planned to stay up and watch some more K-On!! but my attention got drawn in by 3hrs of Family Guy and American Dad! =P

There's plenty of time for K-On!! I'll definately get it watched in full in the near future, tis a good series. :thumb:

What am I doing this weekend... well, seeing my little borther after work for a catch up (he's been away skiing). I'll then be making a romantic meal for two. Setting up the dinning table to look nice, and make some tea for Sarah and I . Probably sup a bottle of red while we're at it.

Saturday we're viewing a possible new house in the morning. Then we're off into town to shop for a wedding ring for me and an 18th Birthday present for my brother. At 4.00 we'll be viewing yet another two properties. In the evening we're going round to my sisters for pizza, drinks and games night. =D

Sunday... doing nothing I hope. z_z

Goooooooooood moooooooorningggggggggg Veeeeeiiiiitnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam :p

In a great mood this morning, not only because its the end of the week... but the suns out, i have a insatiable hunger this morning plus, the gf comes back today.

oh and they are playing really decent music on radio 1.

For breakfast: double bacon and egg + hashbrowns in a bap with a litre of coke.

bring on the weekend!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

So far my weekend is as follows: either i'll be round kayls tonight, or she'll be round mine. but whichever happens, the next day will be the opposite (so if i go across tonight she'll be round tomorrow)

no real plans really, just enjoy not being in work, mess about and i've decided i'm going to kick back and drink a few beers, watch some films and generally just enjoy not having to do anything :)

They are infact playing some great tunes on Radio 1 this morning. :thumb:

I had to ask what station we were on as I was assuming it was something else. :p

Haha good moaning everyone

seems everyone is in tip-top shape today, especially Tachi

Whats been happeneing people? Whats the update in the world of the forums and any update on the world of anime if anyone wants to fill me in?

Any conventions coming up?

And awful news about the earthquake etc in Japan. Here's to hoping the Tsunami dissipates before hitting the country full on!! Maybe we could start a donation on the website? Just a thought??? I'd be up for doing that.

Mornin Fox,

I don't know whats come over me, the thought of the weekend, the gf and the sun being out greatly increases moods. i want to just stand on the chair - air guitar and headbang right now. crack open a bottle of bud. if i can, i may even go out tonight :D

@ Voddas, if you can, keep the radio on radio 1 for as long as possible, (they're playing bullet? before 11? this is madness lol), was lovin the 90's tunes in the golden hour.

Tach

I need your expert bargain hunting skills later on if you get time....... Patlabor, Black Lagoon, Cowboy Bebop series, Witch Hunter Robin...........

Bullet? Before 11? are they insane....not heard they're latest stuff actually, any good??

Yeah the 90's stuff was awesome. Haven't heard some of those tunes for ages.

Morning Fox! How goes it? If your looking for suggestions, I watched Summer Wars earlier this week and loved it. I think you'd enjoy it also. As for deals on anime, I'll have to take a nosey later. Work is busy at the mo. TT_TT

I can check em out now. got the time this morning, this afternoon i'll be getting through the rest of the workload.
Patlabor:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Patlabor-1-2-D ... 147&sr=1-1

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=751265

the black lagoon one, i can't find in a hybrid boxset at all, i picked my "boxset" of both seasons for £20 on united publications 2 years ago.

bebop.... i can't find the complete remix, i picked up a copy at the expo about a year/year half ago. for £30

WHR:
http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/W0518

Websites i've checked: amazon, anime-on-line, UP1 and HMV

@ fox:

http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/_sea ... d&show=all

If your into mecha, here's a show you may like: You can pick up Gun X Sword for £1.99 a volume, 7 vols in total if memory serves me, OR you can get the slim boxset for:

http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/G1578

if you enjoy Black lagoon, take a ganders at Speed grapher. has that same vibe to it:

http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/prod ... 048&page=1

As Voddas said, check out Summer wars (i'll pick up a copy myself soon)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Summer-Wars-DVD ... 548&sr=1-1

or for an extra suid or so you can get the bluray

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Summer-Wars-Blu ... 548&sr=1-2

would neaten it up and things but just a quick browse really. giving you more scope.

Kasabian - underdog on the live lounge = win.

Voddas said:
Good Price, you Take now?!

1167-Salesman.jpg

No problem :thumb:

Well played Voddas, finding a cheaper price.

anyway, i have an update on the weekend plans. I've just called the missus, going to get off the bus at hitchin, going for a fair few drinks with Toby after work. just to kick back and have a laugh. works well having this weekly ticket lol can travel on any arriva routes without any extra costs for a week. result.

So yeah, maybe i should have worn my jeans today, rather than trousers (being friday and all) but wearing a black and white rock tshirt and a hoody, so semi casual.

Talking of semi's, me and sam where on our way to the gym the other night and the topic jumped from my favourite "car game" where i play the most recently added songs to my phone, using his car's systems (double ended jack cable) and he has to guess the artist and song title. So anyway, chris brown comes on and sam says "have you heard about his massive wang" i replied "something was said on the radio during the week, not sure of the specifics though"

He said "yeah i've seen pics, its not big. its completely shaven and has no balls, plus its a semi, you can't claim its big if its a blatant semi" Now at this point i could have gone 1 of 2 ways.... 1 i could engage in this strange penis related topic... or 2, change topic.

I chose door number 2 (not an euphanism)
and said "yeah, fair enough.... on a related note apparently rhianna has pictures online where everythings revealed and their not fakes" he replied " really? cassie's downstairs are online too"

now at this point my brain began to wonder just where the hell this convo was going.

thankfuly it sort of died and we carried on talking about music,

I just thought i'd include that spot of randomness for you to all read.... hell it beats working :p

Stuart-says-yes said:
Foxstripe said:
And awful news about the earthquake etc in Japan. Here's to hoping the Tsunami dissipates before hitting the country full on!! Maybe we could start a donation on the website? Just a thought??? I'd be up for doing that.

Seems like a good idea to me considering all the anime we watch less than legally, a little give wouldn't be a bad idea.
We'd accumulate about £10 here and people handling money is always a bad idea. Just give it to the proper charities.

Random Tachi!

If there was some way to donate on AUKN, I would. Otherwise you will be able to donate to one of the charities involved threw their website. I don't know what these websites are right no though.

Ended up having a late lunch and didn't get back till 14.35. Not long to go now untill finish.

I fancy watching a film tonight but can't decide what yet. Got a few I haven't seen... at the end of teh day, it's what ever Sarah is up for.

Edit: Like Jayme said.

Back