The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Dannielle said:
Gemsy-chan said:
Dannielle said:
No way a Kaze release that has been delayed. That's never happened before.

KAZE gotta keep up that sparking reputation, it wouldn't be the same without at least one push back.

Probably wanted to make it special, so they pushed it back by 4 months. :lol:

IncendiaryLemon said:
Interesting. I'm going to hope it's JoJo since they also publish the Manga. I realise this probably isn't going to happen, but a man can dream.

Warner Bros. has JoJo in the US (and will be dubbing it apparently), and this is an announcement on their primarily-US oriented Facebook page, so we can probably rule that one out immediately... :(

Jerome (from Animatsu) said in response to a question on MANGA UK's Facebook page: "Yes we are [thinking of picking it up and releasing it over here] but unfortunately Warner Bros Japan has made no decisions about releasing JoJos in the UK as of yet"

GolGotha said:
Taken from Viz's Facebook page

Three days from now we have a BIG announcement to make. What could it be.....?

They used 4 dots! JoJo part 4 revealed! :p

My guess would be JoJo 3 getting the hardcover treatment or a One-Punch Man release. I hope it isn't something to do with Dragonball or Sailor Moon.

Buzz201 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Interesting. I'm going to hope it's JoJo since they also publish the Manga. I realise this probably isn't going to happen, but a man can dream.

Warner Bros. has JoJo in the US (and will be dubbing it apparently), and this is an announcement on their primarily-US oriented Facebook page, so we can probably rule that one out immediately... :(

Jerome (from Animatsu) said in response to a question on MANGA UK's Facebook page: "Yes we are [thinking of picking it up and releasing it over here] but unfortunately Warner Bros Japan has made no decisions about releasing JoJos in the UK as of yet"

Ah, I never really thought about the location of the page. I'd also be happy with, as Jatz said, a hard cover release of Part 3. That would finally justify my decision to stop buying the Part 3 single volumes as I thought it might happen.

Apparently Kawajiri has a new project in the works. A co-production with Yoichi Mori (of, er, Tekken: Blood Vengeance), it will be previewed at Anime Expo on July 5th (ANN link).

Reading between the lines, it sounds suspciously like a 3D cgi film, thus presumably ruling out any further development on Ninja Scroll 2, but it's nice to see the old dog getting something to do again. Given Kawajiri's track record, I'd even be tempted to put a small amount of money on it being that mooted Mad Max 'anime' project.

After the Otaku No Video Kickstarter had such a good first day, AnimEigo have confirmed that their next crowdfunding project will be Riding Bean High Octane Edition later this summer.

R

NormanicGrav said:
Viz Media have added more titles to Viz Selects (digital only service):
- AiON
- Metamo Kiss
- Welcome to the N.H.K.

Viz Selects titles are generally for rescue titles and have no plans for physical release.
Or continuation iirc so you know, be careful.

NormanicGrav said:
That's good to hear. IIRC Doremon on disney xd was a translation of the woosly / Alexander o smith camp and fairly well for itself

Last edited by a moderator:
Latest BBFC ratings update:

009 Re:Cyborg 3D
Rated: 12 - moderate action violence (already rated 12A in 2013)

The Familiar of Zero: Knight of the Twin Moons (Season 2)
Rated: 15 - [Disc 1 (15)] strong sex references, violence [Disc 2 (12)] moderate sex references, fantasy violence

The Familiar of Zero: Rondo of Princesses (Season 3)
Rated: 15 - [Disc 1 (15)] sexualised nudity, frequent moderate references to sex and sexual assault

Super Sonico the Animation
Rated: 15 - [Episodes 1-6 (15)] sexualised images [Episodes 7-9 (12)] moderate sex references, threat [Episodes 10-12 (15)] strong sex references

Back