The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

It wouldn't surprise me if DBZ RF was now being given a big theatrical push and Platform/Manga had to agree to a 2 or 3 month holdback before certain cinemas would show it.

Obviously late December may not be the best date for a film release, neither is January, hence February.

Dannielle said:
Fourth 'Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya' TV Anime Adaptation Announced - http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1431958

[spoilerbutton]
1382054511816.png
[/spoilerbutton]

3rei!!/Drei it is then. :thumb:

Buzz201 said:
It wouldn't surprise me if DBZ RF was now being given a big theatrical push and Platform/Manga had to agree to a 2 or 3 month holdback before certain cinemas would show it.

Obviously late December may not be the best date for a film release, neither is January, hence February.
It's great for UP1 and Funi at any rate.

Key's 2011 all-ages visual novel Rewrite will be receiving an anime adaptation.

It was announced after the end of Charlotte's run.

Tensho (Kinmoza! Kiniro + Mosaic, The Fruit of Grisaia) is directing the anime at 8-Bit and also supervising the series scripts.
Romeo Tanaka (Cross Channel scenario, Humanity Has Declined) and Visual Art's Kai (Clannad scanrio, Grim Reaper Kyou) are credited with collaborating on the composition and scripts.
Masayuki Nonaka (Hello!! KINMOZA chief animation director, The Fruit of Grisaia main animator) is adapting the game's original character designs by Key/Visual Art's Itaru Hinoue (Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!) for animation.

It's apparent that Rewrite is a very tricky visual novel to adapt and will most likely be butchered if the show only receives 12-13 episodes.

Source: ANN

I imagine it'll be 13 episodes like Charlotte and AngelBeats.

Well, at least they're less likely to drop the ball 10 episodes in if they're already working from a template.

Buzz201 said:
NormanicGrav said:
Episodes 10-13 of GOD EATER will be shown in the Winter season.

Source: ANN
Do we reckon Bandai have squeezed it in somewhere or it'll be streaming/OVA exclusive?

I guess they managed to squeeze it in somewhere that doesn't have a major anime being shown. Or they managed to take a slot for an entire season with 7 episodes worth of Extra episodes or just re-aired the entire thing.

ConanThe3rd said:
And, if we get to a third, maybe whoever is dealing with that's show's international distro will finaly remove his head from his **** and do his damned job.

I think it's Aniplex, so there's no danger of that happening.

Kodansha publish the manga though, so maybe it's them.

#[Certain Jim Sterling Approved Hashtag that I can't say the name of because it as a dirty word in it starting with F, and konami, who's name is basicaly a swear these days]

Buzz201 said:
ConanThe3rd said:
And, if we get to a third, maybe whoever is dealing with that's show's international distro will finaly remove his head from his **** and do his damned job.

I think it's Aniplex, so there's no danger of that happening.

Kodansha publish the manga though, so maybe it's them.
Honestly, whoever it is, they have FUBAR'D Deadly Sin's chances and they need to be firmly insterted into the Sea.

AnimEigo planning a Kickstarter for BDs of the 1990 AD Police OAV series for next year, Riding Bean still planned for this year (source).

It's nice that they're doing AD Police, but I still feel it would have been preferrable if it and Crash had been stretch goals for the Bubblegum Crisis kickstarter, rather than separate entities.

Back