The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

anime_andrew said:
animefreak17 said:
Is there any new on durarara dvd replacements

BD replacements will be 2015, it's a £12 - £15,000 project minimum so I have to find a point that makes sense to slot it in for sorting things out really, sorry!

Andrew

Try and negotiate closer to the £12 rather than the £15,000 I think :)

Looks like Manga will be advertising for a vacancy real soon. I Just found this at Linkedin.
Jerome Mazandarani has a new job!
Chief Operating Officer at Animatsu Entertainment Ltd
London, United Kingdom
Get your CV's up to date. :wink:

[edit] Ooops! Looks like I'm a little late to the party again. :lol:

anime_andrew said:
Dannielle said:
Looks like the long awaited Shinkai twinpack is coming Q1 if this reply is anything to go by:

https://www.facebook.com/alltheanime/po ... 5898716264

I'm really not sure if I should pre order it, Andrew, if you're around is the big Shinkai collection still going ahead?

Definitely is - if you want a full set I'd hold off it :).

AP

So what would be in this big Shinkai collection? Just the garden of words, voices from a distant star/the places promised?

ClearlyConfused said:
anime_andrew said:
Dannielle said:
Looks like the long awaited Shinkai twinpack is coming Q1 if this reply is anything to go by:

https://www.facebook.com/alltheanime/po ... 5898716264

I'm really not sure if I should pre order it, Andrew, if you're around is the big Shinkai collection still going ahead?

Definitely is - if you want a full set I'd hold off it :).

AP

So what would be in this big Shinkai collection? Just the garden of words, voices from a distant star/the places promised?

As far as I know, all of Makoto Shinkai's major works (Voices of a Distant Star, Place Promised in Our Early Days, 5 Centimeters per Second, Children Who Chase Lost Voices, Garden of Words).

Hopefully all of his shorts are included - like She and Her Cat and his recent commercials.

New Poster for DBZ 2015:

dbz_move_2015_poster_zps53e39e16.jpg

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere.

NormanicGrav said:
As far as I know, all of Makoto Shinkai's major works (Voices of a Distant Star, Place Promised in Our Early Days, 5 Centimeters per Second, Children Who Chase Lost Voices, Garden of Words).

Hopefully all of his shorts are included - like She and Her Cat and his recent commercials.

Ah, so that would include more than just what Anime Ltd has already licensed? although I already have the Garden of words I'll wait for this

Sentai Filmworks have finally picked up some Familiar of Zero (given they released Season 1 and own the rights to Season 4 (Familiar of Zero F)) with Knight of the Twin Moons aka Season 2.

Which leaves Rondo of the Princesses (Season 3) as the remaining season left to be licensed by them.

In other news a standard edition for Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl will be available as a Blu-ray/DVD combo for $53.99 SRP on December 9th 2014. While the Blu-rays in the Premium Edition were compatible with European PS3s it's unknown if the standard edition will be the same (Anohana was different to the Premium while Kimi no Todoke wasn't).

Baggie_Saiyan said:
New Poster for DBZ 2015:

dbz_move_2015_poster_hq.jpg

The picture isn't being displayed (but I've already seen the poster and taken a look at it).

Interestingly I've noticed a few things on the poster:

1) Goku's outfit has a strange 'marking' on the right-hand side of his outfit
2) Krillin has no hair

Emo185 said:
Baggie_Saiyan said:
New Poster for DBZ 2015:

The picture isn't being displayed (but I've already seen the poster and taken a look at it).

2) Krillin has no hair

Fixed!

You've missed the biggest thing! Lord Freeza! lol Vegeta seems to have a new outfit too. Beerus and Whis are back! The Scouters are back! Piccolo looks buffer! The guy in the green suit could be either Gohan or Goten, most likely Goten.

It looks Goku and Vegeta might take two different paths in the movie. Which makes sense, gives Vegeta closure on Freeza and the way the poster is split, looks like Goku and Beerus (and Whis) might be doing something else, maybe training Goku hence the new outfit?

So pumped for this, BoG was amazing and it looks like AT saying this will be more action is looking true, with the rumoured 2 hr run time too, this could be the best thing ever!!!! :D

Baggie_Saiyan said:
New Poster for DBZ 2015:

dbz_move_2015_poster_zps53e39e16.jpg

Wait frezer by this point is weak compared to goku now....why bring him back..........If it was more gods then I'm all over it......bills talked about frezia like he was powerful but buu was like a million times stronger then freiza and has lived over millions of years....why just why bring back freiza.

animefreak17 said:
Wait frezer by this point is weak compared to goku now....why bring him back..........If it was more gods then I'm all over it......bills talked about frezia like he was powerful but buu was like a million times stronger then freiza and has lived over millions of years....why just why bring back freiza.

Goku even admitted Trunks and Goten could take him on but if you look closely Freeza seems to have the same or similar godly aura that Goku had when he reached the SSG form. There is definitely more in play here.

*Speculation* Perhaps another God from another universe is pulling strings and decides it is best to resurrect Freeza to perhaps overthrow Lord Beerus and take his title of God of Destruction. *speculation over*

Emo185 said:
Baggie_Saiyan said:
New Poster for DBZ 2015:

2) Krillin has no hair
Have they just messed that up with krillin or did he randomly decide to shave it off.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
animefreak17 said:

Goku even admitted Trunks and Goten could take him on but if you look closely Freeza seems to have the same or similar godly aura that Goku had when he reached the SSG form. There is definitely more in play here.

*Speculation* Perhaps another God from another universe is pulling strings and decides it is best to resurrect Freeza to perhaps overthrow Lord Beerus and take his title of God of Destruction. *speculation over*

(*nerd mode*)
Oh please freizas power level was 12.500.000 when he died and king colds power was 13.000.000 wouldn't is make sense to bring cold back.....goku at full power up too SS 3 is around 450.000.000 when he beat buu and I would assume his power level by the time bils came along was 500.000.000 knowing goku he would of been training........And bils beat goku SS 3 like it was nothing
And even when bils was fighting goku in God formbills still had the upper hand.......how the hell is freiza going to get all that freaking power from......hell his full power buffed him up that it nearly destroyed his body......hell he wouldn't stand a chance even if he got a lot stronger.......cell would be better then freiza for obvious reason......goku in the series and even piccolo said when someone evil dies they are ........( Japanese dub sub) ......stripped of all there memories and such and is given new life.....this is what piccolo said.

Buu would be the better candidate if gods are pulling the strings........buu almost won and thanks to what buu can do and if freiza has a power boost then buu should get it.

The only reason they are bringing freiza back is because his the fan fav villain that's the reason they are bringing him back.

I can tell this is going to suck

Last edited by a moderator:
Joshawott said:
Just Passing Through said:
About f***ing time.

Hopefully the delay is because they had to sort out the rights to the OVAs.

This is what I'm wondering. I was under the impression that S1 & S2 didn't do super well for them, so they were reluctant to grab S3, especially without the inbetween OVAs.

I'm quite happy to see S3 announced, but the fact they didn't announce OVAs concerns me a little.

Kurz Weber said:
Emo185 said:
Baggie_Saiyan said:
New Poster for DBZ 2015:

2) Krillin has no hair
Have they just messed that up with krillin or did he randomly decide to shave it off.
Most likely Krillin shaved it off, since his outfit is back to pre-Buu.

animefreak17 said:
(*nerd mode*)
Oh please freizas power level was 12.500.000 when he died and king colds power was 13.000.000 wouldn't is make sense to bring cold back.....goku at full power up too SS 3 is around 450.000.000 when he beat buu and I would assume his power level by the time bils came along was 500.000.000 knowing goku he would of been training........And bils beat goku SS 3 like it was nothing
And even when bils was fighting goku in God formbills still had the upper hand.......how the hell is freiza going to get all that freaking power from......hell his full power buffed him up that it nearly destroyed his body......hell he wouldn't stand a chance even if he got a lot stronger.......cell would be better then freiza for obvious reason......goku in the series and even piccolo said when someone evil dies they are ........( Japanese dub sub) ......stripped of all there memories and such and is given new life.....this is what piccolo said.

Buu would be the better candidate if gods are pulling the strings........buu almost won and thanks to what buu can do and if freiza has a power boost then buu should get it.

The only reason they are bringing freiza back is because his the fan fav villain that's the reason they are bringing him back.

I can tell this is going to suck

Evil Buu has been re-incarnated into Uub don't forget. So technically he still exists. Unless your talking about good Buu? I don't he has much power or potential now the evil is out of him.

I am just happy 'cuz we'll get to here more of Chris Ayres as Freeza and that Freeza arc was my fav of all of Dragon Ball.

Side note: 3D??? Has that ever happened for flat animation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back