UK Anime Christmas Sales for 2023 [Anime Ltd's 12 Days of Xmas + More]

My MVM Blu-ray Mystery bundles (and also Blu-ray pot luck) have shipped, Although my orders screen has it as "Authorized. To be captured by merchant" so maybe requires to collected, so not sure how fast it'll be.

Didn't go for the DVD though, although I think last years was pretty good as they were mostly new ish releases and DVD only titles, maybe if we find out the what in the DVD bundle I'll go for it. But also not sure if there has been very many DVD releases this year, so not sure if there will be possible repeats form previous years with the requirements of no clearence items, no blu-ray mystery bundles and no sale items for the £19.99 Dvd mystery bundle.

EDIT: AllTheAnime mystery bundle I think picked up by fedex, with the aim of delivering on the 6th, although still no idea if they'll actually deliver tomorrow

Last edited:
Both my Mystery Boxes got shipped out, I got the Blu ray 2 and DVD 1, if no one else posts them, il show what i got, hopefully they might be some decent titles or at least none repeats.

Shirobako today for £44.99, it's gone live a little early. Release date is December 18th.

Shirobako today for £44.99, it's gone live a little early. Release date is December 18th.
I've never actually heard of this one before but the synopsis sounds like it is similar to Bakuman which I very much I enjoyed. Going to take a punt on it.

My MVM Blu-ray Mystery bundles (and also Blu-ray pot luck) have shipped, Although my orders screen has it as "Authorized. To be captured by merchant" so maybe requires to collected, so not sure how fast it'll be.

Didn't go for the DVD though, although I think last years was pretty good as they were mostly new ish releases and DVD only titles, maybe if we find out the what in the DVD bundle I'll go for it. But also not sure if there has been very many DVD releases this year, so not sure if there will be possible repeats form previous years with the requirements of no clearence items, no blu-ray mystery bundles and no sale items for the £19.99 Dvd mystery bundle.

EDIT: AllTheAnime mystery bundle I think picked up by fedex, with the aim of delivering on the 6th, although still no idea if they'll actually deliver tomorrow
How dare you have your sale stuff posted before my Classroom of the Elite 2.
Normal orders should be prioritised. Well, what I mean is mine should be.
Wish I had went to HMV.
They had a lot of titles in their clearance sale over 50+ titles so there is not much left to offer in terms of deals vs what was already on sale and sold out now.
It was only a suggestion to a question asked. They still have 60+ DVDs and Blu-rays listed.

I've never actually heard of this one before but the synopsis sounds like it is similar to Bakuman which I very much I enjoyed. Going to take a punt on it.

It's a bit like that, although I'd say the better comparison would be Keep Your Eyes Off Eizouken. Just with the focus being more on creators working within the studio system, rather than the joy of creation for the sake of it. In any case, it's a damn good show & one of the darlings of the hardcore anisphere. It wasn't a huge success in the west but Japan loved it. Personally it was one of my favourite shows of the 2010's.

Already got Sentai's Shirobako (which I ordered a month before AL's announcement lolmao) so I'll pass on this. Hope it does well enough for them to get the movie

Shirobako was what I was waiting for, so I've made my order. An order that coincidentally(?) includes not one but two anime about filmmaking (Shirobako and Pompo the Cinephile). As well as... a lot of other stuff. Yay for free international shipping~

Got Shirokbako, and I think that's it for me now, unless there are some real unexpected bargains on the MVM flash day (still regretting not getting Berserk during Amazon black friday for £20)

So far my pick ups (all blu-rays) :
  • Violet Evergarden
  • Violet Evergarden Special (BOGOF w/ above)
  • Violet Evergarden Movie
  • Megalobox S1 (BOGOF w/ above)
  • Shirobako
  • Liz and the Blue Bird (bought w/ above to let me use the 10% off code)

Last edited:
Pick ups so far:
  • Food Wars! Complete Season 1 Collector's Edition
  • Cardcaptor Sakura - Collector's Edition Blu-ray (Lightning deal)
  • NEON GENESIS EVANGELION - Blu-ray Limited Edition (Lightning deal)
  • Planetes - Blu-ray (BOGOF)
  • InuYasha Season 1 Blu-ray (BOGOF)
  • SHIROBAKO Complete Series Collector's Edition
Still want to get Kaiji and Kids on the Slope and then that will be me I think.

So between standard evangelion and this collectors, there is not much diff only the dub?

The following is on the product description for the collector's edition but not the standard:

THE END OF EVANGELION: Deleted Live Action Scene, Making of Live Action Scene, Theatrical Teaser, Theatrical Trailer, TV Spots, Final Scene Alternate Take, FULL SONG - MUSUNDE HIRAITE, EPISODE:25’ Love is destructive. (PARTIAL ANIMATIC), MUSIC VIDEOS: ‘Soul’s Refrain’ / Yoko Takahashi, ‘THANATOS – IF I CAN’T BE YOURS’ / LOREN & MASH, ‘ARMAGEDDON’ / Shiro SAGISU and ‘Memories of Heaven’ / Megumi Hayashibara. Video Format Version of THE END OF EVANGELION.
Late (correction) response, but I've been digging around while waiting for the package to get shipped. The actual differences between the Ultimate and Limited Edition Blu-Ray sets and the Standard Edition Blu-Ray set are the following:
Didn't know about the Video Format version of EoE being included on Disc 6.

MVM both Blu-ray Mystery bundle, no idea which is from which bundle though, I've left in order of how they arrived so maybe the top 5 is one and the bottom 5 is the other or maybe there just all mixed up.

20231206_111559.jpg

Sasami-san
Grimore of zero
Love and Lies
Accel world
Photo kana
Starmyu
Vatican miracle examiner
Touken ranbu
Bakuon
Sagarada reset

EDIT: also turns out AllTheAnime/FedEx was just B the begining order and they didn't collect the other parcel that they created a label for (or they created 2 labels both for B the begining)

Last edited:
MVM bot Blu-ray Mystery bundle, no idea which is from which bundle though, I've left in order of how they arrived so maybe the top 5 is one and the bottom 5 is the other or maybe there just all mixed up.

View attachment 31686

Sasami-san
Grimore of zero
Love and Lies
Accel world
Photo kana
Starmyu
Vatican miracle examiner
Touken ranbu
Bakuon
Sagarada reset
3 repeats from previous years iinm. Not bad though. No 18s rated titles despite one of the bundles being rated as such.

Well that is a big Epic Fail, Not only cause no 18+ despite one of them being labelled as such, they already released a repeat that was just out last year? Talk about being unconsidered. Wouldn't that be counted as fraud for not releasing any 18plus despite saying it is?

2 of em are repeats that i already got, i hope don't get em. A couple of them are actually good i hope i get.

I just hope the DVD bundle is a lot better.

Last edited:
Back