US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baggie_Saiyan said:
thedoctor2016 said:
Disappointed by Fairy Tail change from A/B to just A. However I will still buy part 12 and 13 as I want to see GMG arc in the english its my favourite arc. However I hope they are wrong with part 12 and 13 and its A/B again however i doubt it.
Aye, I hate being restricted to the laptop and it is a hassle connected it to my TV, sometimes after work/uni you just wanna put the disc in and kick back. Anyway, I will double dip when Manga release their's and sell the region locked BD's on eBay.

Yeah that is a good idea I was going to buy the manga releases but didn't think about selling my region A copies.

List has been updated with the following...

Gatchaman Crowds: Complete Collection
Kabukimonogatari: Mayoi Jiangshi Set (LE)
Valvrave the Liberator: Season 1

Thanks to Type45 & Mangaranga for the confirmations. :)

Also, thanks to Emo185 & NormanicGrav for all the info & help. :)

Golden Time Collection 1 is region free. The subtitles aren't locked, and they're actually smaller on this release too. Here's a quick comparison between Henneko and Golden Time.

From the one step forward Sentai took with this release they've also taken two (one small) steps back. Their usually nice disc art is pixelated as hell and washed out here - like it would if you took a small version of the image and resized it to be much bigger.
It also looks like Golden Time was encoded to be a one disc release but ultimately split over two for some reason.

Mangaranga said:
Golden Time Collection 1 is region free. The subtitles aren't locked, and they're actually smaller on this release too. Here's a quick comparison between Henneko and Golden Time.

From the one step forward Sentai took with this release they've also taken two (one small) steps back. Their usually nice disc art is pixelated as hell and washed out here - like it would if you took a small version of the image and resized it to be much bigger.
It also looks like Golden Time was encoded to be a one disc release but ultimately split over two for some reason.

I heard about the disc pixelation (I know Fate/kaleid also had the same thing), but I'm glad it's region free.

Mangaranga said:

Updated the list with Golden Time Collection 1. Thanks for the confirmation. :)

Mangaranga said:
The subtitles aren't locked, and they're actually smaller on this release too. Here's a quick comparison between Henneko and Golden Time.
Only just seen this. Sentai used smaller subtitles on their release of Children Who Chase Lost Voices as well. I don't understand why that isn't their standard subtitle size when they're perfectly legible and less obtrusive. I feel like buying Golden Time in support of this rare act of common sense.

Gargantia is REGION LOCKED, figured I'll point that out. I guess any Viz title with sign subs tend to be region locked, coincidence?

List reminder (to help Titan get the thread updated):

-- October 2014 --

Confirmed as Region B compatible:
- Otorimonogatari: Nadeko Medusa Blu-ray Set [Limited Edition] [Subtitled Only] - Confirmed by Titan
- Sunday Without God: Complete Collection - Confirmed by Bazza - Box states Region A

Confirmed as Region Locked:
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods: Extended Edition - Confirmed by Emo185
- Gargantia of the Verdurous Planet: Complete Series [Collector's Edition] - Confirmed by NormanicGrav
- Hanasaku Iroha the Movie ~ HOME SWEET HOME ~ [Premium Edition] [Subtitled Only] - Confirmed by fabricatedlunatic
- Hakkenden -Eight Dogs of the East-: Season 2 Collection - Confirmed by Bazza
- Kill Me Baby: Complete Collection - Works with Sentai Method

Untested (Highlighted are assumed to work [stating Region B or simple Aniplex logic]):
- A Certain Magical Index: Season 2 Part 1
- A Letter to Momo
- Bayonetta: Bloody Fate
- Black Butler: Season 2 [Anime Classic]
- Bodacious Space Pirates: Complete Collection
- Cardcaptor Sakura: The Movie
- Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 Collection
- Fairy Tail: Part 12
- Fairy Tail: Part 13
- Fate/stay night (TV): Complete Collection
- Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Borders 1 & 2
- Hellsing Ultimate: Vol.9 & 10
- Kill la Kill: Box Set 2
- Kill la Kill: Box Set 2 [Limited Edition]
- MEGANEBU!: Complete Collection [Subtitled Only]

------------ UPDATE 30/10/2014 ------------

Might as well include November's line up.

Confirmed as Region B compatible:
-

Confirmed as Region Locked:
- My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy: Complete Collection [Subtitled Only] - Should work with Sentai Method, someone verify this please? ^^

Untested (Highlighted are assumed to work [stating Region B or simple Aniplex logic]):
- A Certain Magical Index: Season 1
- Amagami SS: Complete Collection [Subtitle only]
- B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First Time: Complete Collection [S.A.V.E. Edition]
- Gurren Lagann (TV): Volume 1
- Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu: Season 3 [Subtitled Only]
- High School DxD New: Complete Collection
- High School of the Dead: Complete Collection (TV & OVA) [Collector's Edition]
- I couldn't become a hero, so I reluctantly decided to get a job.: Complete Collection [Subtitled Only]
- Kiki's Delivery Service
- Log Horizon: Collection 1
- Naruto Shippuden the Movie 6: Road to Ninja
- Natsuyuki Rendezvous: Complete Collection [Subtitled Only]
- Nisekoi: False Love: Volume 1
- Nyaruko: Crawling With Love: Season 2 [Premium Edition] [Subtitled Only]
- Patema Inverted
- Princess Mononoke
- Sailor Moon: Season 1 Part 1
- Stella Women's Academy, High School Division Class C³: Complete Collection [Subtitled Only]
- Tari Tari: Complete Collection [Subtitled Only]
- Welcome to the Space Show
- The Wind Rises

Sunday Without God, Majestic Prince: Collection 2 and Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya are region free

One Piece Film Z and Hakkenden -Eight Dogs of the East-: Season 2 are both region locked

Hakkenden does work using the bypass method

Incase no-one has pointed it out Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods is Region Locked

Also the two insert songs (Song of Hope and Head-Cha-La) have been altered/removed due to licensor agreements. I assume this issue will effect the UK and Australian release as well, as they will all use the same English Audio track.

Emo185 said:
Incase no-one has pointed it out Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods is Region Locked

Also the two insert songs (Song of Hope and Head-Cha-La) have been altered/removed due to licensor agreements. I assume this issue will effect the UK and Australian release as well, as they will all use the same English Audio track.

That is a shame, 1 month wait then for Manga's release. Darn, FLOW's English version of those songs are pretty bad.

List has been updated with the following...

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya: Complete Collection
Kill la Kill: Box Set 2
Majestic Prince: Collection 2
-Otorimonogatari-: Nadeko Medusa Set (LE)
Sunday Without God: Complete Collection

Thanks to Bazza for the confirmations, and to NormanicGrav for the help. :)

Finally got a chance to try out my copy of Valvrave which I received last Thursday.
It's region free as expected, but it lacks OP/ED subtitles.

EDIT: Funnily enough the NCOP/ED's are subbed...

Mangaranga said:
Finally got a chance to try out my copy of Valvrave which I received last Thursday.
It's region free as expected, but it lacks OP/ED subtitles.

EDIT: Funnily enough the NCOP/ED's are subbed...

List updated. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back